Search results for query: *

1. McPsalms

Dragoons are getting ridiculous.

I generally just shoot all horses on sight when the enemy starts getting a lot of cav, even if the cav isn't after me personally. I don't worry about the riders; I let my teammates handle that. I think of it as my "job", like an anti-horse class. It seems to work extremely well for my team, although I don't get many kills.

matmannen said:
    I wonder if the mounted use of crossbows (firearms) could be coded to remove the ability to aim and fire while one is riding around. Perhaps it is hard coded  :sad:. But if it was possible it would be a work i think.

I think the outcome would give the dragoons the ability to become a mobile line infatryman (sort of). The dragoons would have the ability to "hit then run" rather then "hit while running"  :razz:.
    I second this. That mechanic worked well in Empire: Total War and, while this is a totally different genre of game, I think it would work well here too.
  2. McPsalms

Version 1.003 Update Released!

This file needs to be added to the downloads page at  the TaleWorlds website. Took me like 20 minutes to find it here! lol. The downloads page still has the 1.002 patch.
  3. McPsalms

Post your desktop!:D

MAG said:
    7SNNy.jpg

Minecraft :grin: and a beautiful landscape all in one. One of the best backgrounds I've seen on here.
  4. McPsalms

STORY TIME. Gather around everyone

tialexandre said:
    halafradrimx said:
    Great stories.

Later on I'l write a story about a feminist woman who falls in love with a dwarf.
    doesnt it needs to be in the world of with fire and sword?  NO DWARVES

Well, that's awful prejudiced. People with growth hormone deficiency are people too. lol.

FUBAR!!! said:
    I was kidding about the portrait lol i was just trying to think of a famous artist and Picasso came to mind

That's the only artist I really know too. :lol:

5. McPsalms

FUBAR!!! said:
    An illustration of Feerles_Leadar_Herbert done by Picasso
    hurmat.jpg

Uh... I believe this is the Picasso portrait you were looking for:

:lol:

FUBAR!!! said:
    The story of Feerles_leadar_Herbert told by one of his many comrades Fubar.

At his very first battle, The battle of some castle somewhere in the world of WFaS. He led 4 men up a ladder attacking a castle held by the Crimean khanate. The Crimean's held him of for some time until one of his comrades chucked a grenade up the ladder killing 4 of the defenders while the rest scattering in fear with smoke everywhere Herbert runs up the ladder with arrows shooting everywhere pulls out a cheap matchlock pistol and point blank blows out some newbs head. Then while he reaches for a second pistol he is shot in his leg by an arrow. He then signals his comrade (myself) to run up the ladder and cover him while he runs to cover. Me and another conscript of the death squad move up the ladder and crouch just so there is enough space to fire a musket. I aim down my sights for the nearest archer, the archer panics and shoots the man standing next to me in the face. Horrified i wobble my gun and shoot some unarmed idiot who somehow managed to get his horse onto the second floor of the castle. By now Herbert is already hacking away at a door with the butt of his pistol (as i said he liked to carry 4 pistols)

The door swung open from the other side revealing 6 men 3 crouching and 3 standing all aiming muskets at Herbert. Our leader Herbert being drunk and fearless (witch is a very dangerous combination) Runs at the line of men with his pistol cracking it over one of there heads knocking one of them out. They all fire peppering him with buckshot and musket balls. Herbert's body is flung back blood splattering everywhere he hits the wall with amazing impact i run over to him to see if he is ok. He reaches for his moonshine jug and takes a long drink, i then offer him some of the dog meat that we cooked up for lunch (poor scruffy never saw it comin  :cry:) Herbert politely rejected uttering some words about moles then he died. We won the battle but at what sacrifice? It almost felt like a loss until next round Herbert re-spawned and i  felt better again  :razz: 

Not completely true story but it happend kind of like that  :smile:

rofl definitely the funniest story I've heard yet. Epecially like Herbert's last words. lol. Also, how do those poor saps manage to get their horses on the walls?
  6. McPsalms

halafradrimx said:
    Once he came back to get his soldiers, they were gone. The folks said the commander went with them to try a hip hop career in East Europe.

WTC? I was not expecting that. rofl!  :lol:

tialexandre said:
    it worked but most of them were dead or kocked unconscious on the ground...

Nice! The wagon fort doesn't usually work real well for me. Becomes a death trap:sad:
  7. McPsalms

Trevty said:
    Star Wars Rogue Squadron was my first game ever.  My dad got it when it came out and I played it while sitting in his lap at the wee age of 2.  I still have it in fact.  I need to reinstall...

That's a pretty great memory! I think my first video game overall was Duck Hunt on my Dad's SNES.

Dodes said:
    shadowarcher said:
    2s111qf.png

the sad part is some people actually would use a wish to live like that  :sad:

haha

The saddest part is some people do live like that. Ever heard of ADHD? lol
  8. McPsalms

Trevty said:
    I think he's talking about Rainmeter.

Ah, is that what it is? Thanks. I'll check it out.

Austupaio said:
    I believe Carnivores II was the second game I ever played, DooM being the first.

Warband was the first serious (non-RTS-and-chess) computer game I played. I might check Carnivores out. Is it the same as the one for iPod?
  9. McPsalms

Arnas said:
    Uh... Not sure how you got your time to do that but... EPIC!

Schemer said:

Nice pic, for real though.
  10. McPsalms

Sweet desktop, Expendable.  :grin:

My Mac desktop. If you think its just another pic of John McEnroe, look closer XD

My Windows desktop via Bootcamp.

(Its a computer model of neurons).
  11. McPsalms

Favorite movies

The Untouchables.

Sorry if someone already said it. I read about half the posts here and didn't see anyone recommend it.

Also, if you want a list of classic movies search for "movies quoted on NCIS" or something similar in your search engine.
  12. McPsalms

gh3tt0 gangst3r said:
    i don't have a story...

Your profile picture is better than a story though! amazing lol
  13. McPsalms

LoL no one cares what you write..

And I want the next Mount and blade to turn swadians into pixies with unicorns,but sadly,it wont happen.
    [/quote]

ROFL!

To return this to the more productive topic Caba'drin (sp?) wanted us to stay on, though, the only way I would change the forum is by adding a mods section, which I assume they are going to do when mods are ready. So, thanks for a good community TW.
  14. McPsalms

Huge FPS drops!

Does WFaS take advantage of quad cores? Idk if this is true, but I read somewhere that some programs don't take advantage of all four cores. So maybe your processor is too slow. I have quad core too, but its 2.2 gHz.

Anyone know if this is true?
  15. McPsalms

Strategy

I'm still in the very early game, but I try to use as much all-musket troops as possible. I retreat as far as possible so I have farther to shoot before the enemy reaches me, line them up on a hill and use selective fire to volley the enemies (all bandits and deserters thus far) as they charge. I put the few scythe peasants that haven't yet leveled up to musketmen in the rear-right just in case. Works well for small battles. I  just won against ~16 looters with 6 musketmen.
  16. McPsalms

multiplayer balance: carrying multiple muskets

I agree. In Mount and Musket for Warband double gunners are kicked on sight. IMO I think musket+pistol is probably ok though, especially if they could make it take longer to draw your sidearm.
  17. McPsalms

Huge FPS drops!

Idk if this will work for your computer, but with my old Dell (it also had integrated graphics) I had to run Warband in DX 7 rather than 9. That helped more than turning all graphics to low and running at lowest resolution. With DX 7, i was able to turn a lot of the other graphics and the resolution up. But now I have a MB Pro so I need not worry:smile:
  18. McPsalms

Rofl poor Herman.

Jay_McPsalms' squad of musketmen were running as quickly as possible to higher ground. The first wave of enemies would be here any minute and if the squad was still in the open when they arrived, it was all over. Once in position atop a hill, they formed ranks and lowered their muskets. The horde drawing into sight, Jay yelled "F2" (I mean "All fire now!"). As the muskets roared in front of him and the first rank of enemies fell to the ground, Jay fired his own musket.... straight into the back of his squadmate's head. With friendly fire set to 100% self, Jay head-shotted himself and fell to the ground. His time in battle lasted approximately 30 seconds and he then watched his leaderless squad get slaughtered via deathcam.

On a positive note, Jay's countrymen have now learned to stand next to their squads, rather than behind them.
  19. McPsalms

128mb video RAM?

On Steam, the first two games say they require 64mb video RAM, but WFaS says it requires 128mb. Is this correct? It seems like it would not require anything different since it uses the same engine. I probably can't run a 128mb game on my current computer  :cry:
  20. McPsalms

What is included? Modules?

captain lust said:
    Caba`drin said:
    captain lust said:
    Think Empire Total War and Napoleon Total War.
    ...and how they went over like a led zeppelin?
    You're right, they sucked.

OK then, think... for yourself.

This might be a little off-topic but... did they really suck? I'm getting a better computer soon and I was planning on getting Empire after that. (Empire's not the reason I'm getting the computer though lol)
Back
Top Bottom