Search results for query: *

1. DerHerbst

[TWEAKS] VC Tweaks Tool: +80 tweaks the easy way! (released/1.2)

Wow I just started playing video games again after ~1 year absence.  Being away from the forum for so long makes modding difficult.  I was poring over threads looking for new tweaks and then you made this!  INcredible.  If only such genius was made available years 2009-2015, when fools like me were still doing this manually  :grin:
  2. DerHerbst

Viking Museum NYC!

It's been a long time since I prowled this forum.  Unfortunately been too busy to even try out the Reforged edition but I'm looking forward to picking the rust off my sword : )  What better way to get back into the spirit of the age than this!  Anyone near NYC should check it out I heard it's...
  3. DerHerbst

How to use formations?

Phoenix VII said:
    The default formation also seems to place the most experienced troops on one flank and the least experienced troops on the other which can make one of your flanks pretty weak.

I think that the location of the unit is based on where their stack is located in your party screen.  I try to arrange my party screen to have Companions|Strong Unit|Weak Unit|Strong Unit etc.  I always put an elite unit at the beginning and end of my party screen to ensure the flanks are manned properly.

From my experience that gives a mixture of men within the formation but I have to check that for sure.
  4. DerHerbst

Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition (Lastest features added, page 1) - 31/05/2015

Hey guys slow down at this rate Taleworlds will have nothing innovate in Bannerlord  :grin:
  5. DerHerbst

Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition (Lastest features added, page 1) - 31/05/2015

I am so excited for Reforged Edition!  The new features look amazing so far but I have one worry.  New features are great but this game really needs a manual!  There are so many features and nuances already that are poorly explained (or not at all) to the average user.  I read the forum daily (sadly many times per day) and I'm always surprised at how many new things I learn.  I'd hate to see all the work behind the game "wasted" because people don't know how to use them etc.  Are you planning to compile anything like a manual?
  6. DerHerbst

Omg the women are f__k ugly!

Drinking enough mead can overcome the plain oatmeal faces.  However what really counts is their hips.  Big hipped peasant-stock women can spit pups like watermelon seeds and give you many sons.  That's what counts in my book  :lol:
  7. DerHerbst

Change how much money monasteries give you?

"It was called the geld or gafol in eleventh-century sources;[2] the term Danegeld did not appear until the early twelfth century.[3] It was characteristic of royal policy in both England and Francia during the ninth through eleventh centuries, collected both as tributary, to buy off the attackers, and as stipendiary, to pay the defensive forces."

Oh didn't see above post my bad
  8. DerHerbst

Change how much money monasteries give you?

stevehoos said:
    What's the point of raiding a monastery when you can just go buy some wool and make 10X that in one trip to Europe?

One involves hewing priests, gaining One-Eye's favor and celebrating with wine and jewels.  The other involves buying wool, sailing for a long time and selling it  :lol:
  9. DerHerbst

Tweaks for Viking Conquest (one for 2.028, others for 2.021, 2.012, 2.010 etc)

Thanks Kalarhan!  I use Notepad++ but never with regular expression.  I did a cursory search and replace and it seems to make sense.  I'll have time to test it tomorrow.

Edit --- Tested it with range of 3000 to 7000 and it works like a charm!
  10. DerHerbst

Can we have a controls option for shield bash

I second this as well.  I love shieldbash but always turn it off because off it interferes with my fighting style/how I click the mouse.  It would be great to assign the  C key or something close to the movement keys. 

Is it also possible to increase the length of disorientation/stunning caused by shieldbashing?  I find it has little effect for player or AI since the the recovery time is so quick.
  11. DerHerbst

Tweaks for Viking Conquest (one for 2.028, others for 2.021, 2.012, 2.010 etc)

kalarhan said:
    Tweak looting value from monasteries
    File:    menus.txt
    Menu: menu_saquear_monasterio

1.03:
    360287970189639683 2041 1 360287970189639683 5 0 2136 3 1224979098644774917 100 500

100 and 500 is the range for the loot. Change to something else like 1000 and 5000 and you will get 10x the cash loot.

1.04:

(2136 3 12249790986447[0-9]{5} )(100)( )(12249790986447[0-9]{5})
    \1XXX\3YYY
    XXX to YYY is the value for looting

Hi Kalarhan thank you for all your work in making VC a better game!  Can you please clarify this tweak for 1.04?  I don't know how to interpret the changes.  What do you mean by \1XXX\3XYYY is the looting range...I don't see anything similar in the txt file.

Thanks!

12. DerHerbst

A Great weapon from Brytenwalda that this mod is missing.

You can very easily
    Urban_Viking said:
    The Celtic Leaf spear, in brytenwalda it was two handed and sorta OP. But anyway it looks like this (Couldn't find an in game picture)
    http://www.outfit4events.com/runtime/cache/images/productFull/pon_0503.jpg
    Whats special about it is that it does penetrate damage with the thrust and slash damage with the swings. Its sort of like a spear version of a two handed axe, less damage but quicker and good for an agility build. Heres an awesome video of it being used on a gel head in real life.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcM3l2aBTCg  (Awesome overhead swing at 6:06)
    It certainly could have been around in this time period since it was in the iron age before the viking age, that these were more widely used. Perhaps there could be a special tier of high-end Celtic troops that use these (or add it into the rotation of weapons for spearmen). You could also have some rare version of the weapon that has better stats and a nicer texture, which could be a cool Celtic relic with a little side quest or something.
    If you don't think its historically accurate then you could only put in the rare version and no generic ones for troops to use, like you did with the troll axe which is a bit crazy.
    A lot of people only use spears on horse back and this gives people a spear which is more practical and serves the role of a two handed weapon for an agility build. I think there should be some more weapons and this is IMO the perfect addition.

You can very easily change the spears in VC to do slashing damage when used w/o a shield.

Step 1: Download Morghs Tools

Step 2:  Choose Item Editor

Step 3: Find a spear you want to change or change all of them

Step 4: Change the "Swing damage" stat from blunt to cut and give it a value.  ~25 sounds reasonable as that's the cutting power of a regular sword
  13. DerHerbst

Helgi?

I don't have a theory on this issue but here's my experience.  When playing Brytenwalda I used to teleport to every town and hire companions at the very beginning of the game.  I often noticed that one companion was missing and yes I did a very thorough check of every part of the taverns in each city.  After I hired the other companions, the missing one would then show up in a week or so. 
  14. DerHerbst

Post your bugs/improvements here

I haven't experienced any of those bugs in either 1.03 or 1.04.  However, I do agree that the length of walking in special scenes is ridiculous.  I would also like to see the walking length decreased when visiting your own refuge.

To make AI throwing spears more effective, tell your men to hold fire.  Then tell them to fire at will when the enemy is in reasonable range.  This gets a lot of kills in my experience.
  15. DerHerbst

Sword Names

Draugan = Dragon

dil = d&$k

Draugandil = Dragon's D&$k  :lol:
  16. DerHerbst

Aescesdun Battle Question (spoilers of course)

Thanks Idibil --- I don't know the exact amount but it seems like each side gets around 1500 men.  Enough to make a proper fight!!!
  17. DerHerbst

Nevermind I made it through the battle.  I forget the exact number but I think there were ~1400 Saxons in the battle total.
  18. DerHerbst

Historically wrong

ha ha ha OP must be a writer/producer for History Channel's Vikings...
  19. DerHerbst

Is there a set number of men on both sides of the battle?  I brought 200 men to the fight on the side of the vikings.  My men and I managed to kill ~700 Saxons before they were wiped out.  Losses so far are about 300 Danes vs 700 Saxons.  The battle kept raging but I was knocked out by a javelin...
  20. DerHerbst

Douar-en-Enez Help (Spoilers Obviously)

So I retried the scene and it worked without issue except for 1-2 drownings.  Must have been a fluke...
Back
Top Bottom