Search results for query: *

1. Dellivis

1860s - SAY or ASK WHATEVER U WANT !! (....in a KIND way...)

I'm not really worried Gab if they do or do not read the post (I hope they do though took me 40 minutes to make that post lol). Now, if anything, I have a template to work from the next time someone asks a similar question :wink:. Don't stress Gab, I know you've been looking for Praises and such and they haven't been coming in as often. I think its because the game/mod has hit a mature age where you don't necessarily get the high praises you would see when you first started this mod but things are trickling in and newer players don't have the knowledge we have about said mod(s) . However, that doesn't give me an excuse as a moderator to slacken in my responses nor should it get you down that you're not seeing the praises and such. Think small each download is a small thank you for creating something different. so 32,000+ downloads on ModDB is 32,000+ small thank you's even if most never come here.  I know I have several mods in my M&B folder that I've downloaded yet never said a thank you for them creating the mods or even posted in their respective sub-forums. 

I could see the misunderstanding Gab (remember when people misunderstood you for yelling when you typed in caps?  :wink:) we just have to be extra careful how we post. I spend upwards to 20+ minutes on a post because I don't want to come off insulting or impolite and the larger posts go through several fixes/deletions before I hit the post button.

2. Dellivis

BECOME A SUPPORTER!! (1755/1776/1860s Supporter Pics)

I do not see a problem with that. Knock yourself out and be sure to show us when you're done! :grin:
  3. Dellivis

1860s - SAY or ASK WHATEVER U WANT !! (....in a KIND way...)

I wouldn't take it too personally Montavious. You stated you rarely visit the forums so a little explanation is needed here

Gab wasn't trying to aim that comment at you more like a vent. The issue seems to stem from a fair amount of people asking "Hey Gab could you add _____mod to [insert Gabs mod] it would be great if you could."

While it is a great idea many people after several explanations by myself and Gab that its simply not really possible with Gabs mods since Diplomacy (and many other excellent mods) are all done via PYTHON whereas Gabs Mods are all done via TEXT there's a huge difference. an example:

NOTE FOR THE EXAMPLE BELOW: The TEXT is from Gabs Items_kinds1 in his 1860s mod the PYTHON is from M&B python code V 1.153

In the Gabs items txt you see:
    Code:
    itm_tutorial_spear Colt_Revolver_New_Navy_1861 Colt_Revolver_New_Navy_1861 3  coltnavy61 0  coltnavy61_inv 1152921504606846976  nothing 2305843009213693952  279781113865 481842102272 1000 0 2.000000 30 0 0 117 0 0 17 117 0 6 431 0
    -51.000000  4 389 2 48 1152921504606847102 720 2 1 -18 721 2 1 24 1969 3 1008806316530991133 1 7
    Pretty difficult to figure out what # does what right?

In Python:

Code:
    ["tutorial_spear", "Spear", [("spear",0)], itp_type_polearm| itp_primary|itp_penalty_with_shield|itp_wooden_parry, itc_spear, 0 , weight(4.5)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(80) | weapon_length(158)|swing_damage(0 , cut) | thrust_damage(19 ,  pierce),imodbits_polearm ],

as you can see Python is the "easier" way of working things but it gets more complicated as you try to do other things (I tried to learn it but I couldn't quite get it right) But Gabs mods are all done with the text. Now how he figures it out is by using Morghs text editor and make these amazing mods happen. There really isn't a way to add the code for Diplomacy or any other mod in general without undue stress to Gab.

IF 1860's was his only mod AND he has a team behind him (like many other mods) he could in THEORY have someone convert his mod over from Text to Python since most of the code is still native. But Gab doesn't have the time to commit as much as he did way back when I first met him when 1755 was his only mod and have the awesome team he had then to create that. We did try Python with 1776 but that fell apart, the code was never completed and abandoned.

Again Montavious this isn't aimed at you (but i hope this explains why we can't) I hope that someone later finds this post via the search function and helps them understand why we can't do that. 

~Dellivis~

4. Dellivis

BUGS, CRASHES, PROBLEMS Reports

I'm not 100% sure what to make of that considering that looks like python code to was used to unpack the module. I see the errors at the bottom but again this mod like all of Gabs mods were text tweaks.  was this save on say an earlier version of WB?1776? a little more details about the save in question not so much the technical details as your system should be able to run it just fine.

was the game running fine on this save before and when you loaded it up you got errors?
    Is this save from an older version of 1776?
    Is this an imported save from Native?

5. Dellivis

1860s - PROBLEMS, suggestions....& Solutions, even from you, if possible!

GABRILDURO said:
    Here is the solution for adjusting the Map camera to ur own taste:

Go to the Module folder of Mount&Blade Warband -Modules-1860s Old America

Find and open the Module.ini file (is easy, just a text file) and find the part that says
    map_max_distance = 17.0

and modify it writing a HIGHER number, like 55 or 100.
    Careful, ...or U can get a crash with a wrong value...  :eek:

This is how it looks
    module_name = 1860sOldAmerica
    compatible_with_warband = 1

num_hints = 150

auto_create_note_indices = 0 #Do not automatically search through all troops/factions/towns to check if they have note text.

map_min_x  = -299.988495
    map_max_x  = 335.036469
    map_min_y  = -277.396576
    map_max_y  = 310.889221
    map_sea_direction = -40 #wave foam direction
    map_sea_wave_rotation = 300 #This is where the tear artefact is visible on the sea.
    map_sea_speed_x = 0.02
    map_sea_speed_y = -0.02
    map_river_direction = 140
    map_river_speed_x = 0.01
    map_river_speed_y = -0.01

air_friction_arrow = 0.027
    air_friction_bullet = 0.017

# use meshes map_tree_a through map_tree_r on for map trees
    map_tree_types = 17
    map_snow_tree_types  = 3
    map_steppe_tree_types = 5
    map_desert_tree_types  = 4

map_max_distance = 17.0
    has_tutorial = 0

time_multiplier = 0.25
    seeing_range    = 5.5
    track_spotting_multiplier = 0.8

# etc etc etc............
    175.0 is the native version of max map distance

6. Dellivis

The gun itself is nothing more than a prop (much like the Cannons) I believe you need a few other items and "pretend" to use it (again just like the cannons Ammo+ ramrod) I'm not sure what items you need in the current version as I haven't had a whole lot of time to explore and check it out.
  7. Dellivis

I found the post from Gab so Ima going to repost it here

GABRILDURO said:
    Here is the solution for adjusting the Map camera to ur own taste:

Go to the Module folder of Mount&Blade Warband -Modules-1860s Old America

Find and open the Module.ini file (is easy, just a text file) and find the part that says
    map_max_distance = 17.0

and modify it writing a HIGHER number, like 55 or 100.
    Careful, ...or U can get a crash with a wrong value...  :eek:

This is how it looks
    module_name = 1860sOldAmerica
    compatible_with_warband = 1

num_hints = 150

auto_create_note_indices = 0 #Do not automatically search through all troops/factions/towns to check if they have note text.

map_min_x  = -299.988495
    map_max_x  = 335.036469
    map_min_y  = -277.396576
    map_max_y  = 310.889221
    map_sea_direction = -40 #wave foam direction
    map_sea_wave_rotation = 300 #This is where the tear artefact is visible on the sea.
    map_sea_speed_x = 0.02
    map_sea_speed_y = -0.02
    map_river_direction = 140
    map_river_speed_x = 0.01
    map_river_speed_y = -0.01

air_friction_arrow = 0.027
    air_friction_bullet = 0.017

# use meshes map_tree_a through map_tree_r on for map trees
    map_tree_types = 17
    map_snow_tree_types  = 3
    map_steppe_tree_types = 5
    map_desert_tree_types  = 4

map_max_distance = 17.0
    has_tutorial = 0

time_multiplier = 0.25
    seeing_range    = 5.5
    track_spotting_multiplier = 0.8

# etc etc etc............

Very simple fix. Should only take a minute or two. 
  8. Dellivis

0.99 Z : serious TESTING

Good suggestions but some of it has been addressed in the past.

The part about "If you will integrate Ballista codes," Gabs mods do not use python. He does it all via text tweaks. So the guns will most likely never be fully functional But I do agree it would be nice to have such a feature. We will probably never see it.

the huts are re used scene props because he doesn't have any tents that would fit them. however the wood lodges are probably close enough to serve thier purpose for now (unless he gets his hands on some tents/teepees/whatever would fit better from someone with some modelling skills who wouldn't mind contributing them)

Canada was in a previous version but Gab eventually tossed them out to expand Mexico's units to fill out the west part of the map more.  There is a fix to the newest zoom feature if its not your taste. I know Gab posted it somewhere just run a search for zoom feature or something along those lines in this board.

I think that's all the ones that have been addressed in the past. Other than that Great suggestions and glad you enjoy the mod

9. Dellivis

OLD VERSION 0.99 Z Topic

it's pretty easy to do.

1. Enable Edit Mode in the popup before you play the mod
    2. Save game and enter the battle
    3. Ctrl+ E at the beginning of the battle
    4. Find either the arrow behind the fence OR the troublemaking fence (this can be tricky moving around in edit mode your first time.)
    5. If you right click on the Arrow (it will have several smaller arrows and letters showing the Axis' X, Y, Z)
          A. Hold down the G key and drag arrow in front of fence

5A. If you right clicked on the fence (it will be green when you highlight it then change to Yellow when you right click it)
          A. move it holding down the G key till it's out of the way OR delete it by hitting the "Delete" key while the fence is highlighted

6. Ctrl+E to take you out of edit mode (it will ask you if you want to save the changes NOTE: Once you okay this any changes you made will be Permanent! if you made a mistake just discard changes and try again)

Once you save it will take you out of the battle. Remember that save before the battle? quit the game without saving and reload from that point. The scene is now fixed and your reinforcements will not get stuck (hopefully)

Thats it. I know it sounds complicated but truthfully that scene edit could be done in less than 2 minutes once you get more familiar with the scene editing.

10. Dellivis

how do i download 1776

I updated the wrong threadlast night  lol. Its fixed now Gab.
  11. Dellivis

how do i download 1776

There are a couple sites you can use. One is the *Nexus(requires a signup I believe to begin downloading but its free and has a large library) if you're uncomfortable with that you could try myGame front link but I know Game front is unavailable in some countries. hope either of these help you.

* Note: even though it says its for Fire and sword it just happens to be in the wrong place. It is a warband mod only.
  12. Dellivis

New MODS ideas for Gabby

oh boy Gabs gone and done it. hes going to do more mods now lol. Good for you Gab. I'll have to update my signatures  again when these are released and people come up with some amazing signatures for em. If anything they will be better than this one as I've seen amazing progression with each mod you've made/ tweaked.

I can only hope you get yourself an amazing team to back you up with your future mods that share the same passion as you do. Even if they are there for a little bit, the less you have to worry about the more you can get done :mrgreen:
  13. Dellivis

Did you try installing the folder  into your Modules folder?  This tutorial should help out.

if using steam your path to your folder would be Steam/steamapps/common/mount&blade warband/Modules (or something along those lines)
  14. Dellivis

SUPPORTERS and...Signatures PICS!

Np Blue, Happy that you made some awesome signatures to share with the rest of us!
  15. Dellivis

NEW v.1.5 OPEN Beta

no problem. Glad you are enjoying Gabs mods!
  16. Dellivis

OLD VERSION 0.99 Z Topic

-Nation  United States of America
    -Age    28                         
    -M&B Wb version    1.153 (will update to 1.157+ someday)
    -Last 1860s version played                    99m
    -how deep U played? -  Not much sadly little gaming time these days.       
    -RATE it on MODDB                           
    -if POSSIBLE.. (just a suggestion...) support it with a sig and in the thread..  I need to update my sigs... there are so many better pics out now. ::EDIT:: Finally updated the signature lol                                 
    -...ever tried 1755 or 1776? Which version?  Almost Every version  :razz:
    -Eventual help/support: Continual lurking of the 3 sub boards, some Moderating, Scene editing possibly.

Still say this is your best work Gab. Keep up the work when you can.
  17. Dellivis

BUGS, PROBLEMS & PC CRASHING............

Could be the portal leading out of the dungeon scene is missing. or misplaced. Seen that happen a few times (Indian camp I tweaked comes to mind).
  18. Dellivis

NEW v.1.5 OPEN Beta

The short answer is not at the moment.

A more detailed answer is that Gab is a one man army when it comes to his mods (his original team has gone their separate ways) and he did try to do updates for all 3 mods but sadly that was a huge effort on his part. Instead, he is leaving 1755 and 1776 where they are currently at to finish up his newest one 1860's Old America (which IMO was a smart move and you can see how far he's come as a modder) which is a brilliant piece of work. Once  he is finished/happy with his work there. He MAY come back to 1776 and/or 1755 and work on them. Don't really count on him updating this or 1755 past its current point.

I cannot stress though check out 1860s if you haven't I know its not the same time period but you can see the things he learned from those mods and improved upon them making it one of his best works yet!

19. Dellivis

Chalk that up to a bugged/corrupted save file then. Either way, glad with the new game solved the problem.  :grin:
  20. Dellivis

No worries, Does the lock up happen to all the armor dealers or specifically just in one area? Also are you talking to the NPCS or doing it from the town menu screen?
Back
Top Bottom