Search results for query: *

• Users: Kabs
  • Order by date
  1. Kabs

Napoleonic Wars: Official Scening Contest

great offer guys. unfortunately i dont know if i find the time to make a map atm. but ok, lets see. good luck to all others in advance !
  2. Kabs

84e Regiment Public Siege Server [84e_NW_Siege]

Shorvok said:
    Such an awesome server. My regiment has lots of fun playing with you guys.

Danzig might need some more balance work though, I feel it is often too much in favor of the attackers if even remotely competent artillery crews are on. I like the move of the mortars to the courtyard, but I think the mortars should be removed from the walls so they don't get turned against the attackers later on, and that the attacking team should only have mortars as well because once they take the walls and move 2 or more artillery pieces onto the walls it's basically lost for the defenders. That's just my 2 cents.

thank you for the feedback Shorvok,

the mortars on the wall couldnt be used against defenders normally. they have only 45 degree ratio. i will also remove one more ladders maybe two for attackers and i think 1-2 howitzer of attackers for the next update.

well yeah i am not sure about the attackers bringing arti on the walls shooting on defenders. maybe i can balance more if i block bringing artillery over the river.

but not really sure about second thing.

greetz

kabs
  3. Kabs

New Siege Map: "Garden of Eden"

MousePad said:
    Kipsleverworst said:
    MousePad u need to backup your scenes.

I ususally do that, but i didn't expect Steam to just overwrite it without warning...

ever save your maps anywhere else on your pc after working on it. if a update comes out wich updates a map you currently working on.. well yeah its that like :>
  4. Kabs

PsychoPigeon's Maps

ahh so thats the map you spoke of. Good idea mate.

the map should run very good since there not too much destroyable/moveable/building things or particle effects.

for sure it needs some work for balance as all other maps do. for exsample it may be to hard for attackers with thoose 2 ways over the cliffs. attackers may be just hold off easy with 2 doors and 1-2 ladders.

the bridges are somewhat problematic since ppl will for sure kick other teammates down. its maybe not a bad idea to dont let players fall to deep instead barriers. but otherwise barriers would do it to.

5. Kabs

Maps "idea's" ?

looks good Gokiller ! keep on working :razz:
  6. Kabs

Comrade Temuzu said:
    As everyone suspected, the map that one guy made is lagging like hell. All the ported maps however work great.

thats funny because just a few ppl suspected this.

furthermore you forget to say that the whole dlc has problems with big maps and mass of people. just less ppl wich crash at start with over 180 players. but still lags are there.

also my map was build in beta. i didnt had much enough people to test it there.

i still keep updating this map for balance and performance.

but just few ppl complaining about lags so i am not giving anything about your trolling in this or the other thread.

just wondering why u didnt made a map during beta if youre such a great mapper.

i really hope you find more fun at building your maps instead flaming other ones.

7. Kabs

84e Régiment d'Infanterie de ligne "Un Contre Dix" [Recruiting][EU Only]

epic after evening battle.

poolboy Fahausi at your service :Y

http://www.bilder-space.de/show_img.php?img=77a02d-1335040674.jpg&size=original

http://www.bilder-space.de/show_img.php?img=de1986-1335040694.jpg&size=original

.. after testing the water and define it as good

http://www.bilder-space.de/show_img.php?img=11d40d-1335040705.jpg&size=original

http://www.bilder-space.de/show_img.php?img=e0090e-1335040714.jpg&size=original
  8. Kabs

hey,

as i allready said in my other thread. the map isnt that big. also i said there that i allready deleted some cannons but the video material was older :wink: and the defenders loose cannons from the walls destroyed since they vanish if. the attackers cannons cant hit good into the city itself only the mortars a bit better. so if fight comes into the city their mass shouldnt do problems to gameplay. still there are maps where forts have more cannons than mine and also where artillery trains spawn with cannons so there are much more in the end.

the map is broad. thats true . but not big after all. but its good that ppl have to look where they must defend and have to go there or maybe near flag cauz attackers allready in the city. otherwise all defenders and attackers would fight at little place where all is just a big massacre instead of tactical defending.

in the end the attackers will come to the flag area if they in the city. and then its even if the map is a little broad.

i must admit i cant be fully sure of teams balance and so before we tested it with much players. thats why i also said in the other thread that i will still update it.

but u cant just say the map will not work because there are too much cannons or its to big before you played it. i am doing competition maps since doom1/Blitzkrieg. and before i do a map thats what i first of all care about. still it would be overstated to say a map is good balanced before i can see players playing it :wink:

even if the map would be really to big in the end i know how to rescale IT without doing all from the beginning. then i only had to delete and fix some things.

whatever its your choice to like or dislike big maps.

as allready said the both old maps from aldemar and friedrich will be coming up. so if there are not enough players for my map then we can still change to smaller ones :smile:

well lets see tomorrow i would say.

greeetz

kabs

9. Kabs

i think he means to request for a map he would like to see on the server wich may be build by friedrich or me.
  10. Kabs

84e siege server news

na the space is totally ok. trees are also not too much... as allready said. there are much bigger siege maps than mine.... the performance should be really ok

the artillery is perfect thought. better than running miles before you reach the city walls as attacker. and maybe got killed by whatnot and have to move all long way again...

i dont say the whole map is perfect. since every map needs first tests with much players too see where the last problems are. thats why i will update it. but it should be really good enough to play it.

the map should be also ok with less than 200 players...

11. Kabs

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/website-en-decbb5521d67c1d002d6beb04d1ab992.html

cant wait :smile:
  12. Kabs

84e siege server news

Danik Golovanov said:
    Nice to see you again Kabs, I can remember you was making some things for MM earlier, long time ago.

thanks mate. yeah well i loved the mm mod since it came out. i basicly did much little things others than maps like talking with vince that he should add weather effects after i tested them in native and he implemented them with his overhaul code to the mod. can even remember when i did the way signs first time from single parts of wood before they made a full model for it :smile: so basicly i did alot of advising and talk with the devs to make the mod even better for mapping and visuals :smile:

btw i have also remade 2 old maps. the siegeburger swamps will be in the official dlc and also i have the siebengebirge (mountain map) wich i am not sure if we maybe make it a event map for 84e server or whatever.

greetz

kabs
  13. Kabs

84e siege server news

sry but i am not interested to get provoked by children like flaming. its just not true what you said like "you dont know anything of texturing and so". in your words "Still havent learned how to make ground textures less regular? Alright."

do your roads as u want as i do mine and all is good okay ? :wink:

but good try anyway *g*

last words from me about that.

14. Kabs

84e siege server news

Vincenzo said:
    This is not a official map and it is not included in the DLC.

as text and video says :razz:
  15. Kabs

84e siege server news

Comrade Temuzu said:
    The ruined something doesnt really make sense especially if its near a major population center such as Danzig, it would have been propably repaired and taken into use or demolished and reused.

Otherwise, looks interesting.

EDIT. Oh and, propably going to lag like hell.

EDIT2. Still havent learned how to make ground textures less regular? Alright.

EDIT3. It also seems like you created this map from something else than a flat map, considering the random flat cliffs. Not really the ideal way, but I hope it doesnt look ugly.

1. not if its just burned down before by the defenders or attackers :wink:

2. i dont know how u can say that this will probably lag. there much more other bigger maps with less fps and performance at all.

the low fps in the video are cauz of fraps. i normally have around 60-70 fps on the map.

3. woot ? any problem ? i am working a bit longer on maps than you and i know the texture tool in the editor very good... dont know what you talking about :p

4. nope. its all textured and leveled on purpose. there is nothing random.... anyone can decide on his own if he dislikes it. i like it and no one else complained.

16. Kabs

84e siege server news

Vicccard said:
    Looks quite epic. Just, I wonder, it seems tactics are useless, for all regiments will just charge head-on for the pontoons and walls. Off course it will be a bloody and difficult thing, but I like tactical maps.

Yet, still, epic map and I'm looking forward to an epic CHAAAAARGE.

well ok the first part may look just rough. but u can also may try to get to the front door instead just the other way to build poontoons and struck down the walls or use siege ladders. so the defenders have also look where the must defend.

the most tactical part will come in the city itself. like the defenders have much space to build defenses in the streets and fortify around the flag. think there will be often fights through the crushed house parts and what else :wink:

also its good to make it not that complicated for a open public siege server.

still every class can do a lot of things that have influence of the outcome.

also as i said i will update it and balance it more on.

greetz

kabs
  17. Kabs

84e siege server news

yeah i allready deleted some more cannons on the defenders side. the video material was filmed before ;P xD my fault
  18. Kabs

84e Régiment d'Infanterie de ligne "Un Contre Dix" [Recruiting][EU Only]

sers 84e and friends,

decided to give my first siege map for NW to the 84e server only.

here you can see a little sneak peak video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wzEfXDjdXQ&context=C4dfae18ADvjVQa1PpcFOWjcap11VPfD_VkozxKkBs8vX-A3IGmMQ=

nothing special on the video but map and music :smile: hope you enjoy it when its on the server!

greetz

kabs

19. Kabs

84e siege server news

Hi there community, my first new siege map for NW goes to the 84e server only as a gift to them. I hope you guys will enjoy it. its good balanced thought but i will keep updating. Here i have a little sneak peak video. nothing special just music and lookaround: dont mind the low fps in video...
  20. Kabs

Announcement! The next version - Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars

i would say 1 - 2 months like when its in steam shop and there having some weeks before games are released normally. but i am not sure as the most also :smile:

at chibbi: for the lulz :razz: !
Back
Top Bottom