Search results for query: *

1. Viking Conquest Reforged Edition Patch beta! (2.010)

I'm glad it's not just me then :smile:. So it's already fixed I guess cool. A question though, what does becoming a "true dungeon master" do?
  2. Viking Conquest Reforged Edition Patch beta! (2.010)

kalarhan said:
    edwardecl said:
    First bug I've found with the new patch.

"Congratulations you've managed to imprison seven or more lords at . you really are a true dungeon master"

Came up in the text log in red 3 times, I've only ever taken one lord prisoner in my party and never kept him anywhere.
    7CD923D4470E40EE878933E8CB8EEBA526A920A1

they will need your savegame before that happened (remember you have a backup on your saves folder)

Sure thing,
    Save game= https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxP05Kd6HCCHUldEem1vTi1FZlU

Wait a day or so and it will pop up every time :smile:.
  3. Viking Conquest Reforged Edition Patch beta! (2.010)

First bug I've found with the new patch.

"Congratulations you've managed to imprison seven or more lords at . you really are a true dungeon master"
    Came up in the text log in red 3 times, I've only ever taken one lord prisoner in my party and never kept him anywhere.
    7CD923D4470E40EE878933E8CB8EEBA526A920A1
    Save game= https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxP05Kd6HCCHUldEem1vTi1FZlU
  4. Viking Conquest Reforged Edition Patch beta! (2.010)

I was not expecting any more major patches for performance.

Shame no patches for unloyal companions, Agathinos run away (before the 2.005 patch) and now runs around in his underpants with an army, it's funny but it's not right.
  5. Is there a way to disable bandid scaling?

I quite like that they scale, there must be limits already in place as I've seen 250 thieves walking about but have never encountered Viking parties that size, most I've ever seen is about 80.

Although when it's 80 Northmen then you need quite a decent army to defeat that. I think the game instead needs to spawn bandits of various sizes randomly maybe only one or two parties of >80 and the rest a mix of lower values, would be a much better solution.
  6. [S] Morrigan Stay

If the devs did an update in the future would this tweak break the game?

And do you put this mod in before or after you finish the Morrigan quest line?
  7. Reforged Edition Patch Released! (2.005)

Or they could just make bandits scared of combined army sizes with the troop camp included and make the experience gained distributed between both armies
  8. Reforged Edition Patch Released! (2.005)

CeltiberoCaesar said:
    edwardecl said:
    Found a new bug,

1. Make a troop camp with some troops but only one of a certain type (my case 1 Hornman).
    2. Lure enemies to your camp and initiate a fight so your troop camp joins the fight.
    3. Have a fight and make sure you win but the Hornman or other unit in the troop camp that there is only one of dies
    4. look in your troop camp it it says there is 0 units of that type in your camp instead of just removing the entry.

You can also exploit the troop camp as ally thing to get more experience for your companions.

Hi edwardecl ,
    Can you develop more you report?
    Thank you.

I don't understand, the first point happens every single time, 100% reproducible for me at least, the trick is to get the 1 unit to die rather than being knocked unconscious which may take a few attempts.

Second point, if you initiate the fight and the troop camp joins as an ally, they receive no bonus experience and instead your main party gets all the bonus experience after winning the fight which can be anywhere up to 8,000 xp to share between your companions in a fight with 50 Vikings, great for power levelling, I think they also get more loot.

Also none of the bandits/enemies are scared of your troop camp so you can lure pretty much any size party to your troop camp so get slaughtered by hundreds of men.
  9. List of Skill boosters? Plus Misc other questions

Dont you also get a bonus from having your own faction, at least in a previous version of VC I got an option to increase one of my main skills points.
  10. Reforged Edition Patch Released! (2.005)

Found a new bug,

1. Make a troop camp with some troops but only one of a certain type (my case 1 Hornman).
    2. Lure enemies to your camp and initiate a fight so your troop camp joins the fight.
    3. Have a fight and make sure you win but the Hornman or other unit in the troop camp that there is only one of dies
    4. look in your troop camp it it says there is 0 units of that type in your camp instead of just removing the entry.

You can also exploit the troop camp as ally thing to get more experience for your companions.
  11. How does this compare to Brytenwalda?

Would have been great if the Brytenwalda mod was finished to the standard of what Viking Conquest is now.

I've not even played the story mode in Viking Conquest, I prefer sandbox games were you get to make your own story. Wish more games focused on that with side quests only.
  12. Reforged Edition Patch Released! (2.005)

Good idea making it free for a couple of days.
  13. How do i get a Adventuring companion back in my party?

One of my companions left never to be seen again, not even an adventurer just gone.

Might have to tweak the save game and set it to not hired and see if he spawns in a pub again.
  14. Reforged Edition Patch Released! (2.005)

Some more bugs,

I had a prisoner lord fight me when I tried to break him out for some reason even though I had a +1 relation to him and a +14 relation to his faction. Rendlaesburh was where it happened, it's the only time I've seen it happen so far, no matter which option I chose or which time of day.

I have a group of travellers on my map that are not moving, and when you talk to them they say their are sailing to (character name), even though they are on land.

15. reforged killed my fps?

My game turns into a sideshow with 300 men, with the GPU doing bugger all.

I guess this game is heavily CPU bound even with a fx-8350, need Mount and Blade 2 :smile:.
  16. A serious request

The problem then is hardly anything is explained properly in the game, maybe you want to fix that.

You don't get to know the likes dislikes until you hire people and by the time you've found out it's too late. The way native done it was so you could learn what to roll with, in this you don't. Unless expecting people to have a spreadsheet of likes and dislikes is a feature.

I understand wanting to add features like this, but making actions (or inactions) permanent is going too far. I'm sure someone else will fix it for you.
  17. What troops I should use?

Norse Warrior Archers and hired prisoner Vikings.

Tank units are best units.
  18. Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition (Lastest features added, page 1) - 31/05/2015

Urban_Viking said:
    Pagans drowned Homosexuals in bogs, as it should be.

Maybe the devs could put this in as a quest.

Joking aside, I don't think he's joking though, he's just stating what actually happened at the time, although they were hanged first rather than drowned in some cases.
  19. A serious request

Great, but how do you get them back once they have walked away?

Agathinos does not even have a character entry any more and the traveller knows nothing and it's been like 150 days :sad:.
  20. Reforged Edition Patch Released! (2.005)

That rain sound issues has been a problem for me with all versions of the game, the rain is randomly a higher volume especially when talking to companions. And sounds sometimes persist on the map (for example quarry sounds).
Back
Top Bottom