Search results for query: *

1. Help With SQL

Hello, I'm building a program for an accountant at a factory that produces rollformed metal products.  The program will be used to track production reports.  I've decided to use an SQL database to handle everything.  The database contains the following tables: Coils - Types of coils, primary key...
  2. Text-based-game Creation Tool

Alright, I've been trying to think of a new program to write lately.  I like making games, but I just haven't been able to think of anything lately.  Then I thought "maybe I could make something that would allow others who don't know how to program, to make games." So I got to thinking:  I like...
  3. I need your help, please (Visual C++ 2008)

I'm programming in Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, and I cannot for the life of me declare a string.  I don't need to declare a string class, or anything like that, I just need to be able to declare a damned string, like people've been able to since time immemorable (or, at least since C++ came...
  4. Quck Help Please "Puts 'L' on forehead" (Reformat, Windows XP)

I reformatted my computer, and now I can't connect to the Internet.  This has happened before, on previous reformats, but it always gets fixed somehow, and I don't know how.  I went into the BIOS stuff, the ethernet cable is connected, but XP won't recognize it.  If anyone could help, it would...
  5. Took Out CD Drive, Added DVD Drive, Problem

I took out my CD Drive and replaced it with a DVD drive.  Now, my computer won't boot past the BIOS POST screen and into setup, nor will it boot into Windows (XP).  I've done this before and made it work, but I'm not quite sure how, and it was several months ago.  I tried removing the IDE cable...
  6. Here's a question:

So, this question is mainly for those of you who drink at least semi-regularly, or are old enough to have "been there, done that." I'm twenty years old, started drinking last Spring.  I drank pretty much every day (only a few drinks during the weeks, though I got hammered on the weekends) then...
  7. Hobbytron.com for FM Transmitters

Hey all, I've been away for a bit 'cause my Internet's down at home, so I'm at the library. Anyways, I've been thinking about setting up a dorm radio station at college.  I would need an FM transmitter and probably a mic.  I found a cheap transmitter (it's my first stab at making a radio...
  8. Dope King Version .950 Released!

Version .950 ========= New features: - 4 new drugs - 5 new weapons - 3 new cities - Cleaner look - Very expanded stats system and stats screen - Cleaned up a lot of embarassing bugs - Slightly bigger cop fights - More polished look (though I've still farther to go) The download can be found at...
  9. Iron Man Rules (Revised)

Looking for a real challenge?  Think you're the master of this game?  Think you got what it takes? So did I. I think I've developed a way to make the game a lot harder for those of us who have been playing for a few years, and have lost some of the enjoyment because the game is so damned easy...
  10. Please Accompany Me While Drunk (Admins delete in a bit) (Fine **** you)

We had rookie initiation and senior sendoff tonight, and my ***** of a roommate is going to sleep.  I have to finish this Pabst.  Please accompany me. :) Edit:  That's rugby rookie initiation. Please just post me and tell me you're listening.
  11. Quick C++ Help Please

Hi, I just need the syntactically correct code for an initialization function inside a data structure please.  I can't find it online, and my book is lost in my room.  We haven't gotten to this yet in class, but it would really help for a program I'm making.  My current code (won't compile)...
  12. Holy Crap! Google's TiSP service! Amazing!

Check it out: http://www.google.com/tisp/ You take a cable that Google sends you, flush it down the toilet, and get free wireless service throughout your whole house!  It's the wave of the future!
  13. Quick Little Program I Made

Hey guys, I got bored and decided to write a program in C++ (I'm learning C++ in a class right now, and am working to write a game).  I figured we could all use a break from the religion and racism threads, so if you feel like it, try it out (and please tell me what you think). You'll need the...
  14. As Always, a Few Questions (New Post Pg. 2)

Allo, I've a few questions. 1)  Is it possible to execute a return in Python?  I'm setting slots for a bunch of different castles, and the only way I can do it right now is by setting the value and then executing everything, then changing the value, and copy-pasting all the code again.  I want...
  15. Time Passing in Battles

Okay, so we all know that time doesn't pass while you're in a battle, so really, you could fight a battle that takes three hours real-time, and it would take no time in world-map time ingame. Assuming we want to fix this, I have a question and a suggestion. I was looking through the mission...
  16. SP Native Empires Mod Community Mod--New Post at End of Thread

Hey, I'm still alive, but there's no update out for the mod right now--I just had to edit a few things.  Sorry for any confusion. NEW VERSION OUT -Basics of townspeople roaming the roads in Radoghir (needs to be worked on) -Beginning of population happiness -Castles put on the map where I think...
  17. Anyone Interested in a Community Mod?

It's a serious question.  I've done some work on my Empires mod already, and will continue to do so, but I want it to basically encompass every feasible idea surrounding the theme possible--obviously, I expect it to take a LONG time.  At any rate, I've been thinking about putting up a working...
  18. Silverkatana, I had a dream about you

And it was sweet. I dreamt of the new version.  I was on a flat stretch of ground with a low-running hill next to it.  The camera angle was different--I was to my character's side, and watching him fight.  Colors were brighter (this was probably because the night before, I saw some screens from...
  19. Empires Mod Concept Stage

Hi everybody!  *waves* The idea for the mod is thus:  the mod is relatively the same as Vanilla.  However, there will be many more castles, and what to do with castles will be...expanded, to say the least.  Anyhoo, I've been wracking my brain for the past six months (the past three moderately...
  20. A Few (Probably Easy to Answer) Questions

Hello, I'm working on my Empires/Economy mod, but I'm having some problems. One of the features will be that when the player builds something, it shows up in the castle, but not before that.  So I need to use scene props and then disable them when the industry hasn't been built.  For scene...
Back
Top Bottom