Search results for query: *

1. What do u think is missing for this game to have a soul?

Well i think what happened is quite clear. Taleworld was in bad financial shape because they took too long to develop Bannerlord and were too amateurish to build it properly in the first place (maybe too much ambition for a studio of this size, too). So they had to build part of the game from scratch several times, and now we actually play a not finished game. Not just "nearly finished". But not finished at all. As said before -and I agree - it lacks two years before the game is complete.
    What is most lacking ?
    - Culture identity. Exactly. Maybe - i don't know - Sturgia should lure armies in the snow so they can wait and loose you and burn their village so you can't loot them until you have attrition and loose your soldier from cold and hunger (oh, attrition, what a good idea, btw, it could also help poor Sturgia from being crushed everytime). Or Battania should try guerrilla tactics (if troops had to actually sleep during the night maybe guerilla tacticts could exist ? then small troops could sacrifice themselves and inflict big damage to unprepared troops, using their knowledge of forest/mountain/whatever). Or anything ! For now as said, playing one faction or another doesn't make a big difference, because you can mix them as you want. Maybe you should have morale penalty for mixing cultures ? And what about "minor factions" ? Very good idea ! But for now it's useless. You don't feel their identity. The game should reward you for being focused on small cultures and fighting on your homeland and crush your morale as soon as you mix too much on the long run or be to far from your lands.
    - Real Events. Real world. You don't feel you are part of the world, too, because nothing happens in it. You don't feel that "XXX has taken YYY". It's just a note displayed on your screen, but you actually don't care. The land should burn when you loot a village, and should see it burning from far away, and understand what "war" really is. Quests should also have a lot more variety and complexity, more than "bring me 20 cows please thanks". And your companion...well let's not talk about this.
    - Some good ideas but unexploited. Lack of fun. Smithing is probably the best example. It was a very, very good idea to bring it to the game. But it lacks everything. For now it's just spamming a button to smelt, buying wood, smelting again, until you raise your level. Perks are also a very good idea, but mostly they don't change anything. You don't feel that the choices you made change anything to the way you play.
    - I'm a fan of MB since 2009. I have played it a lot. A lot. How can it be that i feel bored to play it now ? Why am I not playing it right now and instead posting this ? The game lacks a purpose. You are here with your army in the middle of the land and you just don't care anymore.
    The frame is here, but you don't feel the rush. I don't feel anything. There is nothing to discover, no secret island full of raging naked barbarians, no dangerous cave with ancient artefacts, no retired sacred place where you can convert to an old random cult, no secret hatred and revenge between two families i could relate to.
    Well, you could say "hey, man, there is nothing of this sort in WB, many of the thing you say were already true in WB". It's true. Well in some mods there was more, and some were really goob. But ok, it's true.

And so ? This is a sequel, why should I have "less than" or "as bad as" in the first game ? I want more, i want better, not less. I mean, look at Warcraft 3 vs Warcraft 2 or Crusader Kings 2 vs Crusader Kings 1. It's the same genre, but is it just "the same game with better graphics" ? After 10 years we shouldn't just expect this.

For now, it's just the same Warband, and nice graphics, and empty frames.
    Sorry for being too long, sorry for my english, too.
  2. What do you want Bannerlord to be?

What i Want:
    - Dynamic and real personnality of your companions.
    - More possibles roles in the game (for now, the only interesting thing to do is kingdom and war)
    - Religion things (like Brytenwalda mod & Viking expansion)
    - Boats, ports, attack from boats and between boats.
  3. Um..the so called "Road Map" doesn't actually mention any new content....

Say this to your grand-grand-children !

More seriously it's true that i'm a bit disapointed by MB2, but at the same time if you are like me waiting for 10 years for it, you could guess it. Chaotic development + features announced then removed, lies, things done and then done again, etc...all of this does not bode well.
    Some things are okay, some things are good. For the rest...I'm just hoping that the modding part is good enough so that fans can make a better game later.
  4. SUGGESTİON FOR BANNERLORD

There are some very good ideas here. However, i'm pretty sure they will not do this, because they already have a hard time to even finish what they wanted to do.

But still, it's some good content for, maybe, modders.
  5. Training For Kids

Just like in The Guild ^^ Buying stuff to your kids, and make them learn or study somewhere.
    It's something which lacks, too, the religion part, fortified monastery and temples and holy wars.
  6. Features from Viking Conquest I would like before EA ends.

Ships, and ships battles were really great.
    Real "proto dungeons", too, with Roman ruins. I liked this. Clearing bandit camp is really. Really. Really dull and stupid, now.
    Also, the fact that you could build your own lair was really something. But all the "build your own castle" has been suppressed mid development after being announced in dev blogs, so I wouldn't be too optimistic on this...
    Also, i had the impression that top tier troops were harder to get, and more frightening too.
    And the "foraging" trait was interesting too.
    Well, you could really play as a bandit, actually. Now you can't.

I hope they will progress on these items. With real naval battles, or assault from ships to fortified port cities would be great.
  7. Dev Blog 26/09/19

I would like to hear the horns during the battle, calling for charge or for retreat. I suppose it won't be done, but would be cool anyway :smile:

At least, this blog was interesting.
  8. Dev Blog 29/11/18

What Terco_Viejo saw is interesting. It's the same scene, with, more or less, the same things they presented in 2015. 3 years ago.
    So they could as well present us nothing, as it's already done for a long time.

I'm a bit (well, more than a bit) worried to read, blog after blog, when people are asked "what your you working on, currently", that many (most?) people are saying "REworking X".
    It feels like nothing is ever built, and that taleworlds is doing things again and again.

I can't say if it's for the best or not, but it does not bode well for ....well for a lot of things. The release date on top of that, of course.
  9. Dev Blog 02/08/18

Well, i don't see him as a troll, for sure. Next year august looks like quite optimistic (and I'm not telling this for trolling, I just remember how many times I thought the release was due to be in the next 12 months...). After all, I'm sure that if i said "the game will be released, FOR SURE, in 12 months", 90% of people here would be happy.
  10. Dev Blog 02/08/18

I didn't know these blogs, which came very late in the game development, were such a success that we had to celebrate its anniversary...

For me, unfortunately, it looks like the team is gaining 1 week of delay...
    (and I feel sorry for being so bitter, but, after all, I've been here for 10 years, now...)
  11. Dev Blog 17/05/18

I would have liked to see an animation of a horse moving. Still, better than nothing !
  12. Dev Blog 29/03/18

KhergitLancer80 said:
    Inarius said:
    I'm a bit surprised by the presence of trebuchets, considering they  (with counterpoise) didn't exist until the last part of Middles Ages in this part of the world.

At least the dev blogs present game mechanics, which is good, even if mostly known from previous interviews....

''The later counterweight trebuchet, also known as the counterpoise trebuchet, uses a counterweight to swing the arm. It appeared in both Christian and Muslim lands around the Mediterranean in the 12th century, and made its way back to China via Mongol conquests in the 13th century.''

12th century is close enough to the 11th century I guess.

Oh, okay, sorry. I really thought bannerlord was supposed to feel like something older, like 9th century. My bad !
  13. Dev Blog 29/03/18

I'm a bit surprised by the presence of trebuchets, considering they  (with counterpoise) didn't exist until the last part of Middles Ages in this part of the world.

At least the dev blogs present game mechanics, which is good, even if mostly known from previous interviews....
  14. Dev Blog 05/10/17

Oh, finally ! Some single-player stuff. And good one, on top of that !

Thank you for this weekly blog. Very interesting feature(s).

I just hope this "influence" stuff won't feel too "dumb farming quests" after time.
  15. Dev Blog 17/08/17

Seriously : there is not the same chance to have a epidemic or a geological event like the one who set the K/T boundary than some simple others, like :
    - Turkey is experiencing an economical crisis : governement wants to save money, videogames are evil because some stupid man decided to for X or Y reasons (i can see several) = no more money for TW.
    - Devs go to US to present the game, they meet several people, they come back to their country, they are arrested because...because.

You laugh because you suppose Shaxx don't know the K/T and the geological history, but, do you even know, even a bit, what is currently happening in Turkey ?

(sorry for bad english)
  16. Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition (Lastest features added, page 1) - 31/05/2015

Obviously, it was around 1000 AD, during the climax of the Medieval Warm Period.
  17. Bandit Lair

I also had the issue around Tunsberg, I visited every place of Norway, loaded and reloaded, and was unable to find the lair.
  18. Viking Conquest Update 1.04 (released)

And what about Crossbows ? I'have been surprised that, with a masterwork crossbow and best bolts, i haven't been able to kill somebody with a headshot. (in 1.03)

Considering the strength of a crossbow, I was quite surprised...have you changed something in 1.04 about them ? Or do you plan to ?
  19. New patch all good?

Good ! I haven't played it yet, I was waiting 'till it's ok to play it without spoiling the fun.
  20. Viking Conquest Update 1.03 (released)

nnomis said:
    When do you plan to release the patch?

I don't even ask this.

When do you think you will be ready to tell us a more precise release date ?
Back
Top Bottom