Search results for query: *

1. Aldric

Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Unexpected. I will update on mod DB
  2. Aldric

[OSP] Event map pack : Dday, SW, Dark island, AOE ect ..

Caesarcomeback said:
    Any screenshot?

Whenever i got time. i will try to get them
    AleksanderTheGreat said:
    Dark Island and Crusaders,? Where have I seen those before, certainly not in PW.

Crusader is a very famous map of the united times. Its the one used in PF Napoleonic crusade.
    Dark island is a hard map to make fun as it's require good play from the admin to actual give a intense athmosphere and a smooth balance between fights and discovery.

@Chunky no worries :smile:
  3. Aldric

[Hiring contractor] Looking for a mod developper in PW environnement (Codding)

It's not me. it's achilles who is leading SRP mod.
    We are working together on this mod.
    Not longer needed.
  4. Aldric

[OSP] Event map pack : Dday, SW, Dark island, AOE ect ..

Hello Pw crowd. I should have done this way earlier, but you know, i always had the secret will to make a epic come back one day and to have all players form up in line on my servers muhahaha :D.  I was quite a power hungry lord back then.  But you know young fool become old and wise fool...
  5. Aldric

[Hiring contractor] Looking for a mod developper in PW environnement (Codding)

Let sum it up So i'm looking for a developper to finish European blood mod. As we already put too much efforts in to let it drop. Modeling and new items integration is done. Website structure is prepared. We need someone able to do the autoressource script, autocrafting script and advanced...
  6. Aldric

INJUSTICE by ADMINS

Scorpia said:
    Well it is your luck! I will solve this injustice. But first I need to know the server name and its evil corrupted administrator. Have no fear, Scorpia is here.

Are you some sort of White knight for hire ?
  7. Aldric

MP Native Feudal World

Okay. Well without entering too much into economics

The value of the weapons production job has increased because
    1. The blacksmithing turned from a repetitive “F” job to a real-like activity. Which require more knowledge from the blacksmith but turn out to be more rewarding both in terms of money and interest of doing the activity
    2. The lack of PW_buy stockpile for weapons provide a great way for blacksmith and anyone controlling weapons production to decide who will get weapons and who will not, and to get both financial and political power in game.
    3. As you mention war ended when there is no more weapons to fight with in one side.  It’s means that there is a scarcy of weapons when doing wars, which make them much more risky to engage.

Therefore we may see, that by reducing the offer due to longer yet more interesting production time, removing weapons stock and putting a monopoly on weapons makers to deliver weapons, we have turned the weapons into a commodity goods into a luxury one where “one to one” transaction are required to get them with a free market price decided mostly by the weapons dealers.

To give you a similarity, In PW Vanilla, weapons and amours are in a supermarket and blacksmiths are factory workers (repetitive job, no one to one interaction, no free pricing)
    however the production is quite basic and provide no added fun (Press F indefinitely) 
    In Feudal, Armors stay in supermarket, but weapons are now done by independent producers with their own specialties, pricing. They also have to engage with the buyers to sell their stuff.
    Which make the production and the selling more interesting.
    This situation cause a relative rarity on weapons especially for poor people and create a more stable environment where people aren’t so willing to take useless risk as they may lose their weapons (Money + time spent buying them)
    Overall I will check it, but it will create a more realistic and peaceful environment than vanilla pw, as well as shorter wars,  and fewer and riskers hostiles interactions (such as robbing).
    I still suggest that you make ingame lessons especially for jobs where people are little knowledge in order to make sure that there is no market shortage.
    Also put a limit on basics resources stockpile (like wood, or iron) to avoid people stockpiling to infinite basics resources when people lacks of linen or wheat for example.
    Anyway, you are getting close to a organic and working economy, and that quite great I must say.

+1 for ladder spam ( No problem with server load ? )
  8. Aldric

MP Native Feudal World

I did play for half an hour last night;

Quite early to make a definitive judgement. The community was quite helpful as i found a "new player" helper  Gabe or something who did show me the ropes.

I must stay a few things however.

Map concept is quite good, but it's lack the basics when spawning in. It was hard to find a way to make money and neutral stock ( like close to the cathedral in town) are empty. I fear that you got economic failure for some of the basics goods for players.

Concerning economic, how do you intend to motivate people to do tedious job such as leather and linen collection, Armour crafting, horse breeding in a sufficient manners so the whole server is supplied with goods ?

In a word, is the production of raw goods and the conversion of raw good into gears is sufficient to allow wars without market failure ?

Concernant common sense rules. That a big debate for PW but you seems to take a liberal moralistic approach.  Essentially outside extreme case ( Glitching ) you intend to let the admins decide out on their own what is a abuse and what is not ?

A daring bet, but that can work if the community leaders ( Faction leader, known RPers ) do their job in educating their people and if a soft rules set of correct behaviour is promoted by example.
  9. Aldric

Old Main thread

Good luck then.

Will you focus on economic or other type of feature ?
  10. Aldric

[WB] [M] Roma Oritur - Persistent Mod - Downloads [WIP] [Beta v1.01]

Can we get an announcement when this or another rome based PW mod is out ?
  11. Aldric

MP Native Feudal World

Hello here.

I was taking info of PW mod and i end up watching the lastests submods done, which include Feudal world.

Well let see. Even with items saving, do you manage to have a proper balance betwen gear demand and offer due to the long crafting time ?
    Or does people run around very lightly geared ?

How long does it take for a crafter with enough ressources to craft a full knight gear ?

Secondly, the "Subjugate feature" is brillant and is on the line of the diplomatic mod i'm doing for European blood. It is in the current build ?

I have little time to play, but can people tell me how does it turn out ingame ? About global behaviour, opportunistic kill & loot, admin overwatch ?

And keep going chaps

@Rasorath. Long time no see Strider, i hope you are fine.
  12. Aldric

PW dead

Silversword said:
    We'll all see each other when Bannerlord or Kingdom Come: Deliverance get released. If I'll have time, of course. Anyway, you and Eragon are alike. The two of you just don't get that I can use different IDs to the same CD key and that is famous unban bug and that's just all. On the other hand I start to run on a bad luck. Thought you can't get banned from your University Network....

...you can.

This made my day :grin:
    So much old folks talking around here.

Hello by the way Erk Splint and the old Admins crew such as Barradin

And Suspicious, Nov, ect ... (and all i may forget)

Good to see you around. Are you all actually still playing PW ?
  13. Aldric

Surprised PW is still up and going.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,301585.0.html.

We mostly have trouble with website. I simply can't launch it without a reliable autocrafting system.
  14. Aldric

Surprised PW is still up and going.

Barradin said:
    the attention span of a lawn flamingo.

Thanks you made my day sir.
    Concerning the rest. Jarl will be mostly in charge of PW i will be helping on event side, but i still trying to figure out a way to finish my frozen PW mod. European blood.
  15. Aldric

WB Recherche aide modding pour sous mod de persistant world - mission rémunérée

Bonjour à tous, Je suis le gérant de persistant Frontier official EU et le lead de l'équipe de développement de European blood Le développement de ce dernier mod prend du retard et j'aimerais finir les features les plus critiques rapidement pour la beta public. par conséquent, nous allons...
  16. Aldric

MP Medieval [WB] European blood : PW submod Wargame overhaul. Thread reworked

mdmn123 said:
    you shoud had portugal

Well we will first have important nations. ( 3 of them in step 1 ) and we will that later on.

Some news by the way. The project got on hold for summer, and while we did lack manpower we are still slowly setting up a mod, and a starter map. We feed you with some more infos this sunday
  17. Aldric

Steam Workshop Support [BETA] - GAMECHANGER

Interesting, do you suggest the parallel use of ModDB to host mod files  as well  ?(especially for the player without steam )
  18. Aldric

We have damaged PW with our scripts.

Heroes_Witch_King said:
    Shyana said:
    The thing is, if we do take the scripts of the server people would quit. Which is why it isn't done.
    When I release the first version of Persistent Middle-Earth, I won't have any scripts on the server, and since everyone loves LOTR, I want to see if not having scripts will affect the player base I might have.

Good idea. It will avoid market failure. But make sure to scale the economy difficulty to the player base.
  19. Aldric

MP Medieval [WB] European blood : PW submod Wargame overhaul. Thread reworked

Hello people.

So we are not dead yet. We simply had a low peak on work dues to exams and others.
    At the moment QWW is leading the version to the alpha release and Rajiska stand ready to get autocrafting and autoressource with Website SQL help.

The map is also running on (Made by Alpha, Deblieux and myself ). It's will be a 4 castle map with a choke points in the middle controlled by mountain outlaws.
    Brdige will provide control points to be force people to make large army move before attempting siege.
    Stay tuned with our steam group.

jgVkR.jpg
    UP2rF.jpg
    @Where did you get the screenshots?

On a OSP topic I doubt it would help you.
  20. Aldric

[WB] [M] Roma Oritur - Persistent Mod - Downloads [WIP] [Beta v1.01]

Hello.

Nice one there. i'm testing ASAP.

Is it from the team or contents of persistent empire ?
Back
Top Bottom