Search results for query: *

• Users: Fearg
  • Order by date
  1. Fearg

SP Dark Ages [VC] [Submod] Viking Conquest: Shieldmaiden Edition (in development)

I'm afraid I've suspended work on this project at the moment as I have to find somewhere new to live and am working 2 jobs presently. Its a shame, but maybe I'll get back to it at some point. Thanks for your interest everyone.
  2. Fearg

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Code:
    Initializing...
    variables.txt not found. Creating new variables.txt file
    Compiling all global variables...
    variables.txt not found. Creating new variables.txt file
    variable_uses.txt not found. Creating new variable_uses.txt file
    Exporting strings...
    Exporting skills...
    Exporting tracks...
    Exporting animations...
    Exporting meshes...
    Exporting sounds...
    Exporting skins...
    Exporting faction data...
    Exporting scene data...
    Creating new tag_uses.txt file...
    Creating new quick_strings.txt file...
    Exporting particle data...
    Exporting scene props...
    Exporting quest data...
    Exporting info_page data...
    exporting simple triggers...
    exporting triggers...
    exporting dialogs...
    Exporting postfx_params...
    Exporting item data...
    Exporting map icons...
    Exporting troops data
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "process_troops.py", line 111, in <module>
        save_troops()
      File "process_troops.py", line 38, in save_troops
        for inventory_item in inventory_list:
    TypeError: 'int' object is not iterable
    Exporting tableau materials data...
    Exporting presentations...
    Exporting scripts...
    Exporting game menus data...
    Exporting mission_template data...
    WARNING: Usage of unassigned global variable: $g_wedding_bishop_troop
    WARNING: Usage of unassigned global variable: $g_wedding_bride_troop
    WARNING: Usage of unassigned global variable: $g_wedding_brides_dad_troop
    WARNING: Usage of unassigned global variable: $g_wedding_groom_troop
    WARNING: Usage of unassigned global variable: $g_wedding_bishop_troop
    Exporting party_template data...
    Exporting parties
    Checking global variable usages...
    WARNING: Global variable never used: g_last_archery_point_earned
    WARNING: Global variable never used: g_number_of_map_ports
    WARNING: Global variable never used: benefit_arguments_made
    WARNING: Global variable never used: tutorial_time
    WARNING: Global variable never used: animation_on
    WARNING: Global variable never used: autosave_on
    WARNING: Global variable never used: g_lord_long_term_count
    WARNING: Global variable never used: g_multiplayer_team_1_first_spawn
    WARNING: Global variable never used: g_multiplayer_team_2_first_spawn
    WARNING: Global variable never used: g_start_arena_fight_at_nearest_town
    WARNING: Global variable never used: $g_wedding_bishop_troop
    WARNING: Global variable never used: $g_wedding_bride_troop
    WARNING: Global variable never used: $g_wedding_brides_dad_troop
    WARNING: Global variable never used: $g_wedding_groom_troop
    WARNING: Global variable never used: $g_wedding_bishop_troop
    echo ______________________________
    echo Script processing has ended.
    Press any key to exit. . .

And you were right, there's an error from the compiler

Exporting troops data
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "process_troops.py", line 111, in <module>
        save_troops()
      File "process_troops.py", line 38, in save_troops
        for inventory_item in inventory_list:
    TypeError: 'int' object is not iterable
  3. Fearg

A question about entry points in scenes:

Is it the case that only one NPC can occupy an entry point at any given time?

I have tried to make all my custom companions to spawn in the one tavern for ease of editing (instead of having to chase around the whole map to test them ingame). Using Temair: scn_town_29_tavern|entry(X) However when I try to test by starting a new game it says there was an unexpected end to my troops.txt

it compiles fine so its not a syntax error - I suspect the problem is that I'm trying to make the companions spawn in an occupied entry point
  4. Fearg

kalarhan said:
    Fearg said:
    but I can't find where it is defined which texture files they relate to

check module_skins.py comments (as any module_XXX.py file) to learn how the data is organized. Then find your entry, count the elements and find what you need

Sorry mate, its not like I'm too lazy to do the legwork, I've already read through all of that, and I just can't get my head around how those variables, which obviously reference specific .dds files are defined... like how each face texture is tied to a .dds texture? Have been looking for a good tutorial but nothing's come up
  5. Fearg

A question about module_skins.py:

I've figured out how the face textures can be edited\replaced, but if I want to add new face textures (skins) to choose from instead of editing an existing one, how could I do it?

The textures are referred to as manface_basic, womanface_basic etc. in the file, but I can't find where it is defined which texture files they relate to. I've checked header_skins.py and there seems to be nothing useful there.
  6. Fearg

Is there a way to implement non-ASCII characters in M&B Warband?
  7. Fearg

Modding VC: basic tutorials and Q&A thread

My question was more specifically about generic troops, I understand how it works for companions, but none of the generic troops have the tf_XXXX flag, and yet they appear to have variance in height ingame. Do these kind of flags "swadian_face_younger_1" have height variance built into them?
  8. Fearg

Modding VC: basic tutorials and Q&A thread

I guess this is a VC-specific question, so I'll post it here.

So far as I know, faction troops have various body types (ie; troops are different heights, randomly)

And yet if one looks at module_troops.py, faction troops don't seem to have any such variable set for them. How does this work? Or am I wrong and do all troops have the normal body type?
  9. Fearg

:grin: Great, thanks for the link, now I actually understand what that means.

So I found the section in module_scripts.py where slot_faction_tier_1_troop (etc.) is set for each culture. So if I create slot_faction_tier_1_troop_f as a constant and set it here referencing the troop id, then I've done it. Thanks!

EDIT: Another question about constants... how can I tell what range is usable? For example

#overriding troop info for factions in quick start mode.
    slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_1_infantry      = 41
    slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_2_infantry      = 42
    slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_1_archer        = 43
    slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_2_archer        = 44
    slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_1_cavalry      = 45
    slot_faction_quick_battle_tier_2_cavalry      = 46

slot_faction_tier_1_troop        = 41
    slot_faction_tier_2_troop        = 42
    slot_faction_tier_3_troop        = 43
    slot_faction_tier_4_troop        = 44
    slot_faction_tier_5_troop        = 45

I can't seem to find a logic to how those numbers are assigned?
  10. Fearg

Question:

I'm trying to add a new menu option to village and town menus (in VC:RE) that would allow the player to recruit female volunteers.

For the most part I can just copy the existing script for recruiting male volunteers. However instead of referencing the male peasant troops for each culture I want them to reference my own custom female peasant troops. The menu in module_game_menus.py calls script_execute_village_menu_cosequence in module_scripts.py which in the section about recruitment references slot_center_volunteer_troop_type &
    slot_center_volunteer_troop_amount - when I check them out in module_constants.py it just says slot_center_volunteer_troop_type =92

I'm guessing I need to create a new slot_center_f_volunteer_troop_type etc. etc. but I have no idea how it works on a fundamental level. Can anyone point me in the direction of better understanding how this works? How does the script know which troops and in what amount to recruit from each center and where can this be edited?

EDIT: Actually this question makes no sense and its the update_volunteer_troops_in_village script I need to look at.

I guess my question is about constants - I need to create a female version of slot_faction_tier_1_troop - when I look at module_constants.py it just gives each constant a number string... if I were to create a new script referencing female troops, lets say slot_faction_tier_1_troop_f , how would I define that?
  11. Fearg

SP Dark Ages [VC] [Submod] Viking Conquest: Shieldmaiden Edition (in development)

VC: Shieldmaiden Edition v0.1a expected release date: 25/06/17

Will include:

12 new companions with their own unique personalities, dialog trees etc.
    6 new unique troop trees, available via a new recruitment system
    Mortal Women Sound Pack by mortal to be implemented, to replace that single wailing sound currently for female troops.
  12. Fearg

My point is that this is a fresh, unedited version of the module_troops.py files. I haven't actually changed a single thing yet. I've even tried re-downloding the modsys files and replacing them.

I'm definitely using python 2.7.13 - whether I call "python" or "python2.7" it comes up the same.

Somebody said:
    Check your brackets in module_troops

I'm looking at it now, it looks fine. Its pointing at the '2' in upgrade2 on line 4148 of module_troops.py - where is that operation defined?

EDIT: So I moved all the modsys files from the main module folder into their own Modsys folder, downloaded the VC source again and replaced all the module files except for build_module.sh. It now compiles without errors, but it does give me warnings about unassigned\unused global variables.

Great :grin: Now I can start, slowly, slowly, piece by piece figuring out how this game works and actually making things. Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions, advice and help. I'm very aware that I'm a noob and should spend some time getting the process right before starting to do anything too ambitious.
  13. Fearg

seems like the biggest issue here is that you need to open build_module.bat using a text editor and look inside it ... you will then see how simple it is

So, I got that the build_module.bat\.sh whatever simply calls all the process_X.py files one after the other
    The compiler is "working" in the sense that it does that. (I decided to give up on Wine for now, I mean, I'll just use the .txt files it produces at the end for testing)
    But it spews out a bunch of syntax errors, and I haven't even edited any of the modsys files apart from module_info.py
    Which makes me wonder about the UNIX\DOS problem - ie; I'm calling Python (python for Linux) through bash which is then reading DOS encoded files which contain illegal characters... surely the python compiler running in bash is looking for UNIX?

Or am I being monumentally dumb again?  :facepalm: sorry if this is infuriating

EDIT: Yes, its just me being dumb... of course Python script is just Python script. The UNIX\DOS problem only comes into play with the .bat file. I see that now. Maybe its time for me to go to bed...

File "/home/usr/Documents/Viking Conquest2/process_operations.py", line 14, in <module>
        from module_troops import *
      File "/home/usr/Documents/Viking Conquest2/module_troops.py", line 4184
        upgrade2(troops,"slave","farmer","looter")  #new
                    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

It produces this for each process_X.py that deals with module_troops.py (so its just the same syntax error over and over)
  14. Fearg

Sorry to keep coming back to this but:

I'm running Warband on Wine, as it doesn't run well natively on the version of Linux I'm using (Debian 8 )

So converting the build_module.bat file to a .sh file and running dos2unix wasn't useful because all the files build_module.sh is referencing are in DOS

Using the build_module.sh compiler throws up all kinds of mad syntax errors, which is possibly because of that mismatch?

My modsystem files are in the folder is located in ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/Viking Conquest2/

So I need the compiler to run in Wine also. I have installed Python 2.7 for Wine, but I'm having trouble including it in the Windows PATH

I'm using wine regedit but I can't figure out exactly what to do. I've tried setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Environment > PYTHONPATH to C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;C:\Python27

At this point I'm blinding stabbing around in the registry changing values, which doesn't seem a particularly good idea  :facepalm:

Because of its location I haven't been certain whether I should use

Z:/usr/home/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/Viking Conquest2/

or C:\Program Files (x86)\.....

in the module_info.py file, which I believe is pretty crucial.
  15. Fearg

kalarhan said:
    Fearg said:
    -I'm running M&B Warband in Wine on Debian Linux.
    -What is the maximum companion limit in VC?
    -How would one go about applying the tattoo

2) whatever you want, just make sure to review the features around it (ranges for constants, etc)

In which header_.py file would I find information about these constants?
  16. Fearg

REQUIRES: Viking Conquest DLC Viking Conquest Reforged Edition is pretty badass, props to the devs for making the Brytenwalda-inspired gameplay more accessible. Nothing beats traversing the high seas in your fully manned warship bristling with haggard warriors lusting for fame and fortune...
  17. Fearg

Some questions:

-I'm running M&B Warband in Wine on Debian Linux. I'm having a lot of trouble running the compiler (.bat files are tricky) and I haven't found a fix. Anyone got any advice? How essential is the compiler? Is there any way of turning it into a Linux executable?

-What is the maximum companion limit in VC?

-How would one go about applying the tattoo and scarred skin types from the male character models to female character models? What modsys files etc. would one have to edit? Any tutorials covering similar?

18. Fearg

BUG REPORT - My Refuge Scene

kalarhan said:
    Fearg said:
    The doors to the mead hall and refuge hall don't seem to exist

that is WAI (not a bug, just how they did it)

Sorry, maybe I'm not expressing myself very well - I meant that the doors from the square to the mead hall\refuge hall and vice versa don't exist even when that scene is accessible during the day.
  19. Fearg

Modding VC on Wine on Linux (Debian)

Thank you for your reply. After sifting through those tutorials, I now know how to customise companions. Great!

Now that I've had a taste of it, I think I'd like to expand the scope of the mini-mod I'm making.

Could I describe what I want to do and ask you some specific questions here? (I guess they're not all specific to VC) Not asking you to write my mod for me or anything cheeky like that  :razz: , just to maybe point me in the direction of which modsystem files I need to look and link to some tutorials?
  20. Fearg

Modding VC on Wine on Linux (Debian)

My goal is to lead an all-female pirate crew, with lots of new custom female companions (as there's only 3 in the game!). I run M&B in Wine on Linux as I found it easier than trying to run it native (less errors). However a lot of the tools' .exe files just won't run on Wine Can anyone give me...
Back
Top Bottom