Search results for query: *

1. Duchess Skye

Proposed solutions for crafting and weapon/armour economy.

I like the crafting system, I just wish it wasn't garbage. I think it can be saved though
  2. Duchess Skye

Why are the horses smaller than they should be?

Ancient Medes already were known for big horses to which big horses we have now (at least some) have genetic connection (heretage).
    There's a very notable difference between big horses for their time and big horses in our eyes. We have bred horses to be selectively bigger for over 2000 years longer than ancient Medes had.
  3. Duchess Skye

History horses were not the size of donkeys.
    They were the size of larger modern donkeys, actually. The commonly accepted height for an 11th century western war horse is around 150cm, and horses from the steppes were probably even smaller.
  4. Duchess Skye

Why does TW hate Vlandians?

The art direction in this game is confusing to say the least. Vlandia didn't have great helms because they were mainly based on 11th and 12th century stuff (with coats of plates from the 13th century and a halberd from the 14th/early 15th, but still mostly stylistically coherent). However then they go and add these pauldrons which, besides looking completely ridiculous and like nothing which ever existed, are loosely inspired by late 14th or 15th century plate. I feel like it'd have been way more fitting for them to add great helms at this point.

The new aserai stuff is from the 15th and 16th centuries. I don't particularly mind because I like how they look, and the aserai didn't really have a consistent period in the first place (stuff like adargas were also from around the same period) and it isn't as visually jarring as large World of Warcraft pauldrons for the vlandians. Still, I wonder why they went with an 11th century inspired setting if they're going to end up adding stuff which is way more advanced than warbands items. Feels like they just should've gone for a 14th or 15th century setting instead.

Then there's the khuzait battle crown which looks cool as hell but is a copy of a 17-19th century Joseon helmet... (on the other hand if this leads to the khuzaits getting 14-16th century Timurid, Joseon or Ming brigandines I'm fine with that tbh).

At this point I don't think Native will ever look reasonable in any capacity and there's probably going to be mods which try to bring native back into a more coherent direction.
  5. Duchess Skye

Historical horses were smaller than modern horses, this isn't a problem.
  6. Duchess Skye

Proposed solutions for crafting and weapon/armour economy.

Lots of people are complaining about smithing, rightfully so, since it's pretty broken and lets players create weapons to sell for tens of thousands very easily. Problem is not however the crafting system itself. While the crafting system does have its issues the main problem which lets the...
  7. Duchess Skye

At least the aserai armour doesn't look like it came straight out of World of Warcraft
  8. Duchess Skye

Ok, wtf are these TW?

unknown.png

unknown.png

No seriously, did you just lose all sense of art direction? These do not fit in Bannerlord.
    Jesus that is terrible what the hell
  9. Duchess Skye

e1.6.0-v1.2.7 Modding Changes

I have a question about whether a feature would be possible with the banner on item system. I'm part of a modding team focusing on Wars of the Roses, and we'd like to if possible be able to apply proper livery to the troops. However the way livery is handled in our setting is that most often the livery is simply a badge belonging to a lord which has been sewn onto a jacket.

Meaning that to get this to work properly we'd need to be able to apply a custom icon to specific clothes which are tied to a specific lord, but does not necessarily look like their banner. Moreover we'd need a way to make only the badge be applied without the colour of the item itself being modified by the banner. Resulting in soldiers under one lord running around with various colours (which is already possible with POC colour) but all of them having a unified symbol on the chest or wherever else we decide to put it.

I realise that this probably isn't possible with the current update, and might be something that cannot be implemented, however if it is in any way possible that'd be great.
  10. Duchess Skye

Thoughts on how to spice up the Khuzaits visual roster

I'd still think they would look off if you had a good idea of what they wore at the time.

That being said, if someone were to make these for a 14th century mod I'd adore it.
    I see your point, and I do agree mainly. It's just that by this point there's so many anachronisms already that unless they replace all of them, I don't mind items which are way out of period as long as they aesthetically maintain somewhat a coherent look within the faction itself.

The khuzaits already have inspiration taken from all over asia with several periods.

However if they just decided to add a bunch of new and way better lamellar for them I wouldn't mind either. It is slightly annoying that Sturgia gets the best looking one lmao.
  11. Duchess Skye

Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

The armor calculation is separate and the changes to singleplayer described in the OP will not affect multiplayer.
    Any chance that you can make the values easily editable in a config file like it was for warband? I think that would let people do their own custom configurations and there'd be a lot less back and forth about what armour values are the best since everyone could tune it to their own wish.
  12. Duchess Skye

I am very glad to see the modifications to armor. It's something I had been waiting for since the release of the game. Though I am wondering something.

At first glance, the current armor formula seems to be balanced for multiplayer, which is why it is detrimental to the single-player experience. However, trying to make a formula that fits both can create some issues.

- If armor is too protective, it would skew multiplayer balance, and need a lot of work to rebalance everything. It would make all players pick only heavily armored units.

- If we seek a middle-ground ; and end up make armor not protective enough for SP, then the singleplayer experience will still be harmed albeit less, and feedback could keep coming telling it's "not enough".

I think what makes the most sense is to separate both formulas. But it seems like a difficult issue to tackle. Any solutions? Or does that seem like a non-issue and am I overthinking things? :grin:
    I don't think that armour being stronger would be bad for multiplayer. As it is now there's almost no point spawning in with a higher tier unit in multiplayer either since your protection is barely more than a low tier unit and besides the weapons/horse it's not worth it. In Warband multiplayer high tier armour was good, you couldn't one-shot people in the best armour as you can here, and it wasn't unbalanced.
  13. Duchess Skye

Some anarchronism yes. But the approach TW took was ultimately... unappealing, to say the least.
    I agree there, it feels like the game didn't really have an art direction originally and that they just added stuff they thought looked cool with very different aesthetics. So the end product is a mishmash of pieces with differing qualities and styles and doesn't really feel coherent.

If I had my way, that **** wouldn't be a thing. At best, some some of atgeir styled halberd would be fine though. Or just really long dane axes.
    I think they could have some 13th century 'bardiches' (I don't like that term but it's what gets the point across). Yes it's still later than the game's period but it doesn't look quite out of place as an early 15th century swiss/german halberd. The aserai already have them anyway which is a weird choice because that style of axe is a pretty european phenomenon at this point in time.
  14. Duchess Skye

Eh, still in the camp of trying push for a more earlier looking vibe. So Timurids are off limits.

I personally don’t fancy that battle crown at all. Looks out of place.
    I understand your sentiment, but at the same time asian brigandines are rarely included in any setting so I'd still like to see them here even if they are later than the game's intended period. I don't think they aesthetically look as out of place as some other armour from that period. For example I'd oppose adding 14/15th century plate to the vlandians.
  15. Duchess Skye

I hope that the improvement to armour will be significant. I don't want it brought up to the level of the mod Realistic Battle, that's a bit too far in that it makes swords completely useless (I'm not here to argue how realistic this is or not, sufficient to say it doesn't make for fun gameplay when trying to use them) but I do hope that it will make heavy armour strong enough to survive multiple hits from two-handed weapons. As it is currently I can take a glaive or a two handed axe and one-shot pretty much every unit in the game. Imo they need armour effectiveness to survive at least 2-3 of them even from the strongest weapons.

I also do think that helmets should be proportionally weaker than torso armour. Eg a helmet at 50 armour should have less protection than a torso armour at 50 towards all weapons (or the head could have a multiplier towards blunt damage dealt to it, could work either way). I think this will create an incentive to aim for the head more against heavily armoured troops.
  16. Duchess Skye

Eh, dunno about you but I would have preferred less known steppe culture vibes, like so:

12710742_1675408569402769_7373114908033441968_o.jpg

Mongols feel overdone, and I wish TW actually tried to give the Khuzaits something more unique.
    That armour's basically in the game already. The main difference between huns and the il-khanate and the timurids is mainly time period. Huns are earlier so they'll of course look different.

My main point was I want something a bit different than just lamellar. I love lamellar, but I also like other types of armour found in asia. The 'khuzait battle crown' that was added a few updates ago is pretty much straight taken out of Timurid art so I thought adding some timurid inspired brigandines and laminar would be a great aesthetic too.
  17. Duchess Skye

Vlandians can get... surcoats. A litte bit of articulated arm armours. Pauldrons that takes the place of shoulder guards.
    I don't disagree that vlandians need some better stuff but I disagree that they need pauldrons and articulated arm armours which don't appear before the mid-14th century and would look way more out of place than great helms would. They should get some mail armour or coats of plates with leather arms or legs instead which would be more fitting for their aesthetic.
  18. Duchess Skye

Challenging army leaders to single combat

To clarify a bit on this, why the replies were trolly/non responsive, it is because the thread was originally posted in wrong section of the forum. It was actually posted in the multiplayer tournament organization section, so replies were reflecting that I guess, and not the actual suggestion or topic of the thread.
    Oh I'm just stupid
  19. Duchess Skye

Challenging army leaders to single combat

This is actually a thing that happened in history, though not as much in medieval europe there's lots of accounts of the Moors doing it for example. Isabella of spain expressly forbade her knights to fight the moors in single combat because she lost to many of them that way. Polybius the greek historian also mentions the Romans during the Macedonian Wars doing this occasionally.

It's not as ridiculous of an idea as some people in this thread would like to make it sound. Though it still probably doesn't fit the game's tone as much.
Back
Top Bottom