Search results for query: *

1. SoothSayerSaxon

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

tgoodchild said:
    At the risk of coming off entitled, will the whole wall be destructible, or just the parapet?  Was anythings said?  Is there any wild speculation?

Even if it isn't it looks like it would be easy to mod. They made destructible buildings out of the code for doors for god sakes :lol:.
  2. SoothSayerSaxon

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I'm pretty sure beta testers will be from all places. Of course veterans will get first look me thinks, but as lust said multiple times in the PC Gamer stream, they're trying to make bannerlord more accessible. So if you're only on like 50-100 hours playtime I'm sure there is a place for you in the beta too.

As for forum activity making it more likely for you to get into the beta, I don't think that should matter all too much. It does suggest a reliable source but, I'm on the forums a lot I just never post. Also have 2000 hours game time. I'm sure my example is not unique :smile:
  3. SoothSayerSaxon

The Deluge Reloaded - NEW EVENT

Any minimum body count for smaller groups?
  4. SoothSayerSaxon

Ranked mode for Bannerlord?

We've already seen a replay system. Perfect for casting pro games after they happen, It's simply down to taleworlds managing to find a way to host ranked servers effectivly.
  5. SoothSayerSaxon

Froi said:
    SoothSayerSaxon said:
    I know its all just a joke but people seam to thinking making it anything like CS is a bad thing. Why when it's one of the most succsessful multiplayer games ever? :razz:
    Because Mount & Blade isn't CS:GO.

We are only talking about a ranking system here, its not like Im going to start AWPing off horseback. But I think the best system would be some sort of teir system maybe like LoL? But none of the promotionals and what not and LP.
  6. SoothSayerSaxon

Newbiejunky said:
    SoothSayerSaxon said:
    Warband is unique in its absence of all the flame.

Naaaah

Well it's better than most :grin:

I know its all just a joke but people seam to be thinking making it anything like CS is a bad thing. Why when it's one of the most succsessful multiplayer games ever? :razz:
  7. SoothSayerSaxon

Watly said:
    Is elitism really a bad thing? It promotes playing more and better to also be able to attain those ranks, because people want to feel good about themselves and their ranks. At least, this is what happened in LoL out of my experience.

I don't think I would care much for it however I wouldn't want the Bannerlord community to become at all toxic. Warband is unique in its absence of all the flame.
  8. SoothSayerSaxon

Well this exploded overnight :grin:

I agree that Ranks might cause elitism but as of now we can still check a players steam profile for hours played and base opinions on a player off of that. I think the warband community has always been so humble which is why this is not really heard of. I think the introduction of newer players in addition to a ranked system would cause the most elitism however, it is the people that are elitist not the ranked system itself. It would all depend on how players respond to ranks, everyone here has learnt how good someone is by fighting them not by a number. For the existing players I dont think the addition of a number will suddenly change their opinions of a player.
  9. SoothSayerSaxon

So I was thinking of ways to make Bannerlord more competitive and I came up with the following: 1. Ranked Mode/Battle - Similar to the competitive games currently in Warband like an 8v8 system but actually built into the game, with statistics and ranks maybe? Pros: Give good players a reward...
  10. SoothSayerSaxon

Looking for a clan, 2000 Hours on WB

Thanks for the replys might try out a few then, Whered I go to get chatting with DoF Bubs?
  11. SoothSayerSaxon

Looking for a clan, 2000 Hours on WB

Hi there people, I've been snooping around the clan section for a while and either clans arent recruiting or dont look to be my kinda thing. I want to play competitively but I'm not going to tunnel vision warband, I want quite a relaxed and fun experience playing competitively aswell as a...
  12. SoothSayerSaxon

Gamescom - Combat?? - Full Thoughts.

Scarf Ace said:
    Dryykon said:
    Maybe you should. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wCp6wH0Iio

as impressive as that video is, it really shows just how desperately the combat needs to be made less stupid looking

a lot of advanced techniques are based entirely on making the most absurd looking movements possible in order to confuse your enemy

Yes but meh? How would the fix that without removing the mechanic that makes it happen? Don't think they can, don't think they should.
  13. SoothSayerSaxon

Sir_Newton said:
    I absolutely love the idea of Directional blocking with shields. Perhaps change it a bit so that the shield will still block a swing from a different side, but make blocking in the correct direction somehow more effective- for example, the shield takes less damage. Intercepting a sword with the metal boss of the shield would take a much lesser toll then a blade hitting right on the edge.

Since Bannerlord is indeed focusing on a late roman/byzantine sort of period of warfare, the combat should reflect that. To the north the shield-wall was being developed, and in romanized lands the traditonal scutum and gladius were still a part of legionary doctrine even if the style of the equipment was changing. To reflect that, swords should have a more efficient stab than in warband. The floris mod pack includes something that accomplishes this nicely. Besides that, there absolutely should be a mechanic to allow people to stab and block at the same time as this was basic legionary doctrine. This would be a nice excuse to improve and expand upon shield-play in general.

Maybe you should take less shield damage for blocking correctly and more shield damage for blocking incorrectly? So you would get a damage bonus similar to the axe vs shield bonus even if you werent using an axe, which would also stack with the axe bonus.

As for blocking AND attacking as much as they did it, it is game breaking. The fundmental in warband is block and attack, if you do both it sort of bypasses everything.

@Reapy
    A more subtle suggestion would be to add an interrupt when you bump into someone that has been holding their attack for a few seconds
    Something like what happens when you run in to archers holding an arrow (works for javs too ect)?
  14. SoothSayerSaxon

Regained Hope | RH

Shoxi said:
    SoothSayerSaxon said:
    Sent application and added Kragen. My 2000 hours suddenly looks pathetic.

Edit: And cayden as kragen seems to have been away a while.
    Patience is a virtue.

GL RH

As in last online 3 days ago it says on steam xP
  15. SoothSayerSaxon

Partizan_Rusi said:
    Don't you think you will be exploiting hitboxes for unfair advantage ?

How are they unfair if everyone can use them? Its only an exploit if it wasnt the devlopers intended design, even though it might not be perfect it probably was what they wanted. It's not like only this particular axe will be able to do this. The way it works now and is shown to be working currently in bannerlord might not be accurate but atleast it works the same way for all the weapons making it fair in the sense on no clear draw back to an axe over a sword.

If you want to get into realism most swords were only ever sharped in the last 1/3 or 1/4 nearest the point, because why they hell are you close enough to hit him with any part of the blade nearer the hilt (If you wanna get that close use a dagger, of which you can make use of the point). Your hitboxes would then apply to all weapons for such a reason as stated above, and be fair but it makes dealing damage with a weapon so much more specific to the point of it would cause more problems than its worth.

For example the axe has a very clear ideal point of impact but as stated above with the realism you want, how would we know that the correct part of a sword had hit (audio que maybe but I cant imagine it being that useful in a high intensity fight)? 5 swings later and youve hit your enemy on the boundry point everytime and he hits you once and bye bye. It begins to reward lucky blows more than consistantsy.
  16. SoothSayerSaxon

Regained Hope | RH

Sent application and added Kragen. My 2000 hours suddenly looks pathetic.

Edit: And cayden as kragen seems to have been away a while.
  17. SoothSayerSaxon

Apis Europae [AE] Masters of the Universe

Obviously not interested then which is cool :smile: gl hf hope to watch more of you guys soon ^^
  18. SoothSayerSaxon

Perhaps all the people who think that an axe shaft wouldn't hurt to be hit with should volunteer to be hit with one so that we can know for sure :lol:
Back
Top Bottom