Search results for query: *

1. asierus

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

kalarhan said:
    asierus said:
    latest version

from where? Put the version number (or download link), like @Somebody 1.172 https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,324014.0.html version. Don't assume we know what the latest version is for you :mrgreen:

yeah sorry :smile: anyway didn't notice that updated one lol i was using the 1.166 compatible version wich i can not locate now :smile:.
  2. asierus

kalarhan said:
    asierus said:
    diplomacy recruiter

are you talking about Diplomacy mod features? Which version? And what did you change (show your code). That way someone that plays that mod can help you with your issue.

yea my mod its build on diplomacy source, latest version, i just changed the recruiter dialoge to let you select the player faction from the faction troops list and the recruiter moves to player owned cities an take them. i don't think it has to do with player vassals as they seems to instant get units by templates wich i have and they seem to use just fine for garrisons.

my templates:
    Code:
     ("player_supporters_faction_lord_reinf_a", "{!}player_supporters_faction_lord_reinf_a", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_wops_militia,3,8),(trp_wops_recruit,3,5)]),
      ("player_supporters_faction_lord_reinf_b", "{!}player_supporters_faction_lord_reinf_b", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_wops_infantry,2,4),(trp_wops_skirmisher,2,5)]),
      ("player_supporters_faction_lord_reinf_c", "{!}player_supporters_faction_lord_reinf_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_wops_man_at_arms,1,2),(trp_wops_sharpshooter,2,3)]),

and

Code:
      ("player_supporters_faction_reinforcements_a", "{!}player_supporters_faction_reinforcements_a", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_wops_recruit,5,10),(trp_wops_militia,2,4)]),
      ("player_supporters_faction_reinforcements_b", "{!}player_supporters_faction_reinforcements_b", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_wops_infantry,3,6),(trp_wops_skirmisher,2,4)]),
      ("player_supporters_faction_reinforcements_c", "{!}player_supporters_faction_reinforcements_c", 0, 0, fac_commoners, 0, [(trp_wops_man_at_arms,2,4),(trp_wops_sharpshooter,1,2)]),
  3. asierus

kalarhan said:
    asierus said:
    (troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_original_faction, "fac_player_faction"), <--- talking about this line in

not sure what you changed on the recruiting process, but you need to check if you are using that or "fac_player_supporters_faction" instead. Your vassals, towns, etc, belong to that one.
    i just edited it to allow diplomacy recruiter be able to recruit player kingdom troops, wich work just fine, i don't know why vassals dont want to pick them what they do fine its reinforce their castles garrisons,with the player kingdom troops but not their party.
  4. asierus

Hernanxd16 said:
    asierus said:
    the problem here its that  remove_troop_from_site seems to not work on module_strings, wheret the recruit dialog seems to be. maybe im missing something?

Create a trigger to check when the NPC is on the party of the player and then, use the operation remove_troop_from_site.

yep it did the trick thanks :smile:

5. asierus

Hernanxd16 said:
    asierus said:
    hey guys, i made a new companion for my WIP mod, i want him to be on a specific scene, i did it by adding scn_castle_49_thoneroom|entry(2) to his module_troop entry, it worked fine, but if i recruit him, when i come back on that scene again with him on party he gets duplicated and i have 2 indentical companions following me around , how i can prevent this?

You can use the operation remove_troop_from_site, but I don't know if this works on the latest versions of the Module System.

Code:
    remove_troop_from_site                       = 1251  # (remove_troop_from_site, <troop_id>, <scene_id>),
                                                         # Removes the troop from the specified scene. No longer used in Native.

the problem here its that  remove_troop_from_site seems to not work on module_strings, wheret the recruit dialog seems to be. maybe im missing something?
  6. asierus

hey guys, i made a new companion for my WIP mod, i want him to be on a specific scene, i did it by adding scn_castle_49_thoneroom|entry(2) to his module_troop entry, it worked fine, but if i recruit him, when i come back on that scene again with him on party he gets duplicated and i have 2 indentical companions following me around , how i can prevent this? also, i still find him on taverns, even with a scene specified, how to prevent this too?

also a third question, where are the troops that companions recruit being vassal controlled? ,coz i set him to be fac_player_faction and he doesn't recruit my troops (custom tree i made and integrated into recruit system) but if i set him to fac_kingdom_1 he gets swadian guys. i can't find it anywhere, maybe im blind

(troop_set_slot, "trp_npc17", slot_troop_original_faction, "fac_player_faction"), <--- talking about this line in
    module_scripts.

:smile:

thanks in advance
  7. asierus

kalarhan said:
    asierus said:
    it from showing if player dont have 5 free lots on party?

get Lav's http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,324874.0.html
    open header_operations.py
    go to section Z09
    see troops_can_join

8. asierus

i made a npc that sells you special troops, but i ran into a problem that you can buy them even if you dont have free slots in your party so you loose money for nothing. what  condition can i apply to this dialog that prevents it from showing if player dont have 5 free lots on party?

Code:
      [anyone|plyr,"special_recruiter_talk", [(eq,"$wo_recruiter2_duel",7),(store_troop_gold, ":gold", "trp_player"),(ge, ":gold",5000)],
       "I would like to recruit some  Tier 1 Special Ranged Troops( 5 White Order Hand Crossbow Knights) ", "special_recruiter_talkT1R",[]],

thanks in advance
  9. asierus

kalarhan said:
    asierus said:
    anyone knows how to (if possible) disable specific lords/king armies using a timed trigger? i know you can disable villages/castles/towns with for example this:

(24, 0, ti_once, [], [(party_set_flags, "p_village_115", pf_disabled, 1)]),

but its there a  way to do it with king/lods armies to then enable them again when specific hours has passed??.

are you talking about the re-spawn process? When a lord gets defeated/start of a new campaign and it starts from home? Or are you talking about something else?

In any way what you need to do is add a exception rule to whatever process (like a trigger) you want to control. And a troop slot (for the lord/leader) to use as a flag (ON/OFF).

i have a new faction that is an invader faction and i want to disable their lords and king at start of game, and then after a time enable them to simulate the invasion.
  10. asierus

anyone knows how to (if possible) disable specific lords/king armies using a timed trigger? i know you can disable villages/castles/towns with for example this:

(24, 0, ti_once, [], [(party_set_flags, "p_village_115", pf_disabled, 1)]),

but its there a  way to do it with king/lods armies to then enable them again when specific hours has passed??.

thanks in advance.
  11. asierus

i made a new faction with king & lords and all that, but this is a invader faction, so it doesn't hold any fief at start when they spawn, the problem is that after a couple of days even with all their lords spawned via script at specifict spawn points the faction gets destroyed and its parties join other kingdoms, its there a way to prevent this? (already tried giving them a disabled fief but i want to them  be allowed to be eventually be defeated  and that prevent this) thanks in advance
  12. asierus

kalarhan said:
    asierus said:
    its there a way to prevent that they get peace and treaties with the others, including player faction?

you can create special/expection rules on the scripts that handle diplomacy (like start a war or make peace), and include that faction as one that will remain in war forever

you will need to check how your mod work with those events. A example from native is

Code:
    script_diplomacy_start_peace_between_kingdoms = 288
    script_event_kingdom_make_peace_with_kingdom = 289
    script_randomly_start_war_peace_new = 290

will try thanks :smile:
  13. asierus

maybe someone can help me, i made a new faction that its a war with everyone and i want it to stay like that until they are destroyed or they control all map , its there a way to prevent that they get peace and treaties with the others, including player faction? im using diplomacy modsys.

thanks in advance
  14. asierus

forcing war and preventing war to an specific faction(player one)

imado552 said:
    by the way what did you do to add the option of selecting banners to a new menu or old menu?
    to the already existing menu :smile:
  15. asierus

hello i have a question: It's possible to disable a village/castle/town until a script enable it again? i tried for example

(disable_party, "p_castle_50"), without luck on my character backstory selection because i want a new castle  to be disabled at that starting option then enabled again after you build an expensive improvement on  some ruins  that disables the ruins party and enables the castle. i may be wrong and disable_party its just for parties templates.. then, how can be done?
    maybe this is not possible but i think i saw it on other mod i dont remember.

thanks in advance.
  16. asierus

kalarhan said:
    asierus said:
    (party_slot_eq, "$g_encountered_party", slot_center_has_armory, 1)

why are you flipping the 0/1 (not built/built) flag?
    ups  :=)

will have a look at it thanks
  17. asierus

hello  well i has been looking for way to introduce a scene i did to a specific castle and be able to enter it when a certain improvement has been built, for example i have created a scene called: Castle_49_armory with entry points and all that then i made a new improvement only buildable for this specific castle:

Code:
          ("center_build_armory",[(eq, reg6, 0),
    							  (eq, "$current_town", "p_castle_49"),
                                  (party_slot_eq, "$g_encountered_party", slot_party_type, spt_castle),
                                  (party_slot_eq, "$g_encountered_party", slot_center_has_armory, 1),
                                      ],
           "Build an Armory.",[(assign, "$g_improvement_type", slot_center_has_armory),
                              (jump_to_menu, "mnu_center_improve"),]),

this are the effects (WIP) for the castle on simple triggers:
    Code:
      (30 * 24,
       [(try_for_range, ":cur_center", white_order_castle_begin, white_order_castle_end),
          (party_slot_eq, ":cur_center", slot_town_lord, "trp_player"),
          (party_slot_eq, ":cur_center", slot_center_has_armory, 1),
          (party_get_slot, ":cur_relation", ":cur_center", slot_center_player_relation),
          (val_add, ":cur_relation", 1),
          (val_min, ":cur_relation", 100),
          (party_set_slot, ":cur_center", slot_center_player_relation, ":cur_relation"),
        (try_end),
        ]),

it all works fine and builds on time giving all the beneficts i made for it.

but i wanted that when finished a new menu appears on the castle to enter the armory and you enter that new scene i made.  anyone can point me on the right direction?

the menu:
    Code:
    		("castle_armory",
           [(eq, "$current_town", "p_castle_49"),
             (party_slot_eq, "$g_encountered_party", slot_party_type, spt_castle),
             (party_slot_eq, "$g_encountered_party", slot_center_has_armory, 0),
               ],
           "Enter the Armory.",
           [
               (try_begin),
               (try_end),
            ],"Door to the Armory."),

what do i need to put on try_being an try_end? i suppose its there where you call the script to teleport you on that scene. if anyone can write me an example script or pointing me to a existing one so i can learn how  it work
    would be amazing, i cant find one, surely im blind  :mrgreen:

thanks in advance
  18. asierus

(using latest Diplomacy Module System)

i have a problem, i have a custom start preset (noble etc) that grants you a castle and 2 fiefs (newly created ones for player kingdom) and when the game starts 1 of them work fine they give my faction recruits from start to recruit and the recruiter from diplomacy get them too, but on the other i get swadian recruits even with the fief being mine from the start and when waiting 72 hours they swicht to my custom ones but the recruiter ignores that fief forever(waited 40 days and he still ignores) waiting on the first one to recruit again, also happens on conquested fiefs after 72 hours they still get ignored and i can recruit my custom troops just fine from them.  how i tell the diplomacy constable recruiter to also recruit on conquested fiefs?

tell me if i need to post any section of my python files .
    im litte nooby atm and im still learning.

thanks in advance.
  19. asierus

thanks somebody , i managed to get the recruiter of diplomacy to get player_supporters faction to recruit and works fine.

But now i have a problem, i have a custom start preset (noble etc) that grants you a castle and 2 fiefs (newly created ones for player kingdom) and when the game starts 1 of them work fine they give my faction recruits from start to recruit and the recruiter from diplomacy get them too, but on the other i get swadian recruits even with the fief being mine from the start and when waiting 72 hours they swicht to my custom ones but the recruiter ignores that fief forever(waited 40 days and he still ignores) waiting on the first one to recruit again, also happens on conquested fiefs after 72 hours they still get ignored and i can recruit my custom troops just fine from them.  how i tell the diplomacy constable recruiter to also recruit on conquested fiefs?

tell me if i need to post any section of my python files . (using latest Diplomacy Module System)
    im litte nooby atm and im still learning.

also wanted to publicity thank  Nameless Warrior for his absolute help with quest making  :grin: :mrgreen:

thanks in advance.
  20. asierus

hello, i was looking on how to add player faction culture to the Diplomacy module system constable recruit system, i cant find the way    :cry: i have all created: troops, upgrades, templates and custom culture for player faction(fac_culture_7), i can even manually recruit them on player owned fiefs but can't get the faction to show  on the  constable recruit culture selection menu.

thanks in advance .
Back
Top Bottom