Search results

1. Are map ship speed and in-battle ship speeds affected by the crew count?

Thanks, thats going to be useful. I already started a new game based on these results.
  2. Are map ship speed and in-battle ship speeds affected by the crew count?

Here are the results: 11 navigation total (leader + party) With Dark Age mod full version which may include some balance changes --------------------------------------- via portmaster dorestad - tunsberg april 12 morning - april 14 evening tunsberg - dorestad april 18 dawn - april 19...
  3. Are map ship speed and in-battle ship speeds affected by the crew count?

Whoa. Ok. Thanks. I was using a skeid with 5-10 man crew but it seemed waaaay too slow compared to sailing via portmaster. I will do some tests. Thanks.
  4. Are map ship speed and in-battle ship speeds affected by the crew count?

Thanks for the info on bonuses guys. But will i get screwed in regard to speed if i try to sail with a 50 man ship with only 5 people, for example? Or can i just take a 50 man ship with 5 people and just sail on the map just like normal?
  5. Are map ship speed and in-battle ship speeds affected by the crew count?

Ie, if you use a ship that is made for 50 man with only 10 man (including the companions), will it go slower? If so, will that happen both in battle, and also in the map?
  6. Any point to buying a ship while you are trading in VC?

Hah. I didnt know that. Thanks. It will be useful. Then there is no actual benefit to having a ship for trading? It feels much more convenient to just click the city name from portmaster menu and just to be taken there.
  7. Any point to buying a ship while you are trading in VC?

Im using VCRE 2.06 and Dark Ages, but i think its not too different in VCRE: Asking portmaster to go to another port doesnt cost much, and it takes me very fast (time compression). I can easily run a trade route in North Sea among ~6 ports very profitably. I bought a ship (skeid, 20 speed) to...
  8. Viking Conquest Reforged Edition Female Char Power Gaming Guide(minor spoilers)

You mentioned you didnt want to discuss, yet you seem to continue. I dont have any intention, but out of courtesy and for potential benefit of those who may be interested in history, i will reply one last time. Foremost, i advise you to do more reading in history, lest you wont need to risk...
  9. Viking Conquest Reforged Edition Female Char Power Gaming Guide(minor spoilers)

There is no need to continue the discussion, for this is just a historic curiosity. However, i will respond: Actually, what you describe is totally realistic, as the rule of the times was who had the biggest proverbial axe. From last ~100 years of Roman Empire until mid 900s when feudalism...
  10. Viking Conquest Reforged Edition Female Char Power Gaming Guide(minor spoilers)

I wanted to chime in in this very interesting topic as it relates to realism and the possibilities of the roles we play in VC In particular, i agree with the proposition that lone superhero play does not lend to realism and the reality of the times. Such superhuman feats were not possible...
  11. SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

When i install VC balance mod version 9, any fort, city etc has a 'manage this town' selection in its interface despite i am not a lord or owner of that village. (sandbox start). This is with latest warband and VCRE 2.036
  12. Getting texture errors with latest MB and Viking Conquest Reforged 2.036

Yep. Its only 1.28 gb. Definitely something was wrong with the download. Thanks.
  13. Getting texture errors with latest MB and Viking Conquest Reforged 2.036

When passing the character creation screen to face editing screen, a long string of error messages pop up in Windows, telling that various textures like vc_grass_winter.dds not found. Leading to the char creation screen having a head with an empty face, and after saying ok to all and loading...
  14. My companion died!?

I was having this problem, and this solution fixed it for me. thanks.
  15. Which VC mods to install?

Great thanks. That's going to be great help.
  16. Which VC mods to install?

I checked the mod forum, read threads of major mods and some submods, but i wasnt able to understand which mods i can install together. Are all compatible? If not, which can be used with which, and is there any thread which can help me to install those that can be used together in a...
  17. Need help with performance in large battles

When i play though, Afterburner OSD reports that the game uses up to ~8-10 gb ram. Could it be that it is misreporting? I have VC, but im too deep in this Brytenwalda game to start a VC campaign now. Leaving aside that this particular period is more interesting and the gameplay seems richer...
  18. Need help with performance in large battles

Whoa - sec - isnt warband 64 bit already? When i check the executable flags of the file from windows 7 its large address aware flag seems to be on too.
  19. Need help with performance in large battles

There is the formations mod, which provides formations, different orders (weapon selection etc) i guess that is PBOD? I put 'make ai dumber and big battles smoother' in mod options, that made it a bit better. But there is indeed stutter still.
  20. Need help with performance in large battles

Hi people! Im using Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 with latest warband version 1.173 and if i ever attempt to have battles nearing 300 limit, i get a lot of stutter. It starts to happen as soon as the battle loads, frame rate stays the same (25-30) there is just stutter which you can notice when...