Search results

1. HalfMetalJacket

Troop aesthetics after the armor rework

The fact that all the soldiers look like fat boomers is a shrivelled cherry on top of sh*t too. Honestly, the only winners from this have to be the Sturgian Spearman. The bastards actually have decent armour now, bless them.
  2. HalfMetalJacket

Banner Knights have always had a grubby green hoodie, not sure what game you guys have been playing if you're just seeing this lol. They're by far the ugliest unit in the game. Or at least they were. I just hate the Vlandian aesthetic, its like they weren't brave enough to embrace a truly...
  3. HalfMetalJacket

I'm having difficulty thinking of any I like the look of, so which ones do you like?
  4. HalfMetalJacket

Wait, what the **** happened to the cataphracts. I have no idea about the extent of how changed everything is, but if its along those lines then I'm going to stick with my mod...
  5. HalfMetalJacket

Nerfing bows by giving everyone shields was one of the worst changes ever made to this game / share your best battle strategies with me

Reading the post again and again... I can see that I've misinterpreted your words. The idea that these features made the game easier (which they do) kind of implied that they're all crutch features. My bad.
  6. HalfMetalJacket

🗂️ Creative Unit Aesthetics - archive

This is so uncannily close that I'm sure ADamnSexyName saw this. Seriously, go see his stuff for yourself.
  7. HalfMetalJacket

Nerfing bows by giving everyone shields was one of the worst changes ever made to this game / share your best battle strategies with me

Alright, going to try be helpful... If the real issue is notables grind, then why not look into mods that give you ways to increase relations beyond quests? I'm talking Kill Bandits Raise Relations. I can't play the game on realistic difficulty without this mod, it does so much for me. Believe...
  8. HalfMetalJacket

Still a step forwards as far as I care lol. Now they need to work on making armour matter more, cavalry do more damage and make spears actually worth something. I'd say they should also make the value of unit skill greater, so that we get more survivable troops. Seriously, why did they have to...
  9. HalfMetalJacket

Sturgia worst performing faction, due to having the worst Troop tree, Liege AI, Economy and Geography.

This is old. Sturgia's incompetence had nothing to do with its troops and everything to do with how the odds were stacked against them campaign wise. I repeat: autocalc does not give a sh*t about skills or armour. Only tier, mount and whether they are a hero or not. Shirtless ulfhednar didn't...
  10. HalfMetalJacket

Troop Feauture i wish they put in!

Everyone wants this. I fail to see how anyone could hate on such a feature. Regardless of how it works though, I hope TW does not limit progression to t4.
  11. HalfMetalJacket

[Suggestions - Missing and fitable vlandian gear + General armors] (updated June 26)

Apparently the guy is a modeler for the 1066 AD mod in the works. Can't wait to see why he comes up with next. I'm just waiting to get perms to use his stuff for my own mod
  12. HalfMetalJacket

[Suggestions - Missing and fitable vlandian gear + General armors] (updated June 26)

Leopoldtwo has given us some sweet Italo Norman helmets. Can't wait to put them on my dudes. Nexus link
  13. HalfMetalJacket

Vlandia Needs More Troops and Variation

Disagree on almost everything you say. Vlandia's troop roster has just as many as any other faction in the game (15 common, 5 nobles). If anything, the Imperials the only one with less troops. Vlandia could use with some more fun crossbows, but they have plenty of their own weapons. Swords...
  14. HalfMetalJacket

Raiding should give more than the contents of the town market.

Part of me justifies this as villagers just getting a bit nervous and giving you things, lest they find themselves on the pointy end of your sword.
  15. HalfMetalJacket

Lamellar armor cannot be weaker than mail

Eh, I don't actually want it for vanilla in the least bit. It would look out of place and make whole factions appear extremely silly. Especially if its only Vlandia that gets it. I for one like some of the art direction. Some of it. Frankly I wished they were bold enough to really go for a...
  16. HalfMetalJacket

Every time I hear that music...

Apart from the cape, you can pretty much recreate that guy in game. Something like northern warlord helmet with full mail, bearskin, imperial lamellar over leather, decorated imperial gauntlets and decorated imperial boots. Done, you basically have him. Its going to be hard trying to get the kit...
  17. HalfMetalJacket

Lamellar armor cannot be weaker than mail

The devs behind the Kingdom of Arda were apparently getting pre release dibs on Mod Tools, hence why they could get things out so quickly. And no, you are far from the minority when it comes to plate armour. Just about everyone is hoping for it. I'm a little more iffy about it myself, but you...
  18. HalfMetalJacket

Bannerlord Refunded

OP is laughing at all of us.
  19. HalfMetalJacket

Faction Tier One Troops... Are they meant to be balanced? Because they aren't..

Does it really matter? I think weaker low tier troops can be somewhat acceptable, but when everything inevitably leads to high tier, I want more focus on top tier troops.