Search results

1. Are map ship speed and in-battle ship speeds affected by the crew count?

Ie, if you use a ship that is made for 50 man with only 10 man (including the companions), will it go slower? If so, will that happen both in battle, and also in the map?
  2. Any point to buying a ship while you are trading in VC?

Im using VCRE 2.06 and Dark Ages, but i think its not too different in VCRE: Asking portmaster to go to another port doesnt cost much, and it takes me very fast (time compression). I can easily run a trade route in North Sea among ~6 ports very profitably. I bought a ship (skeid, 20 speed) to...
  3. Getting texture errors with latest MB and Viking Conquest Reforged 2.036

When passing the character creation screen to face editing screen, a long string of error messages pop up in Windows, telling that various textures like vc_grass_winter.dds not found. Leading to the char creation screen having a head with an empty face, and after saying ok to all and loading...
  4. Which VC mods to install?

I checked the mod forum, read threads of major mods and some submods, but i wasnt able to understand which mods i can install together. Are all compatible? If not, which can be used with which, and is there any thread which can help me to install those that can be used together in a...
  5. Need help with performance in large battles

Hi people! Im using Brytenwalda Repolished 1.05 with latest warband version 1.173 and if i ever attempt to have battles nearing 300 limit, i get a lot of stutter. It starts to happen as soon as the battle loads, frame rate stays the same (25-30) there is just stutter which you can notice when...
  6. Adding New Companions to Brytenwalda Repolished

Im trying to add new companions to Brytenwalda Repolished (1.05), but wasnt able to make any headway. I tried editing text files (troops.txt, strings.txt, menus.txt) directly. I tried using Morgh's editor. (nothing happens). So far no results. I guess i need the module system for Bryrtenwalda...
  7. Disable Horse (mount) loss after death in battle ?

Noticed that horses are lost if one gets killed/incapacitated under you. tho realistic, i am wondering whether it is possible to disable this. reason is that, the ai tends to use horses in most unrealistic fashion (natural, since current ai technology doesnt allow such finesse), inevitably...
  8. Any way to turn off companion interaction, bickering etc ?

i managed to gather 27 companions, but almost every battle, and in the mornings one of them comes up with a random bickering about another. is there any way to turn off companion bickering, interaction, leaving etc ?
  9. A very good resource on Dark age (from late roman to middle ages) armies,

tactics and equipment : http://www.scribd.com/doc/29393051/Armies-of-the-Dark-Ages very good detail in describing many things, including how sub-romans (britons) were organized, to how saxons preferred to fight on foot and in rare cases they used cavalry, they hurled their spears instead of...
  10. Impressive mod

this mod rather surpasses all other mods in regard to how well it recreates a time period and how strong an atmosphere it produces.  kudos.
  11. Crash while entering fight

Happens over and over and over. I choose one party to attack, another to attack, same. (3.0b) i was going to post my log, but rgl_log.txt doesnt show any crash info ? im still posting it. im also posting the savegame. savegame starts right on top of a ready battle you can go in. i join that...
  12. Can we turn off invasion

Or, constantly delay it ? im asking whether it is possible in sod 5. it was possible in older versions.
  13. What are the differences in between Sod - Warlords and SoD 5, and

can i recruit and upgrade native troops, without having to join a faction and having to build its barracks in a city ? is there any way to turn this setting on, even if by modding the mod files ? im attempting to play this mod for over 1 years now, but whenever i check, i chance up in between...
  14. How do we upgrade native troops without having a center ourselves ?

I acquired some native recruits, i want to upgrade them, but, when i go to any of that faction's cities or castles, it says "this center does not have any facilities to upgrade regular units here. none of your troops can be upgraded here" i reach upgrade menu from marketplace -> upgrade your...
  15. Can the concept of a roving Mercenary band be compatible with this mod ?

ie, because the mod depicts 1297 british isles i mean. didnt magna carta require that king send all mercenaries of foreign origin out of the country after the campaign was over ? how does this compute with homebred mercenaries ? were british allowed to roam around free as mercenaries in england ?
  16. Medieval Demographics made easy - A resource for modders

resource below aims to put medieval demographics statistics in simple terms targeted for the fantasy/rpg game developer. i am sure modders can also make use of this resource : http://www.io.com/~sjohn/demog.htm
  17. How to add custom music int M&B and any of its mods ?

i have gone through stickies, i have gone through forum search, in the end i had to go through google search. all i found was old stuff no longer valid with current modding system. most horribly, new stuff that had links had links to old stuff, and even some forum pages no longer there. even if...
  18. Should i play V4.5 Gold Beta i have or should i wait ?

im about to start a new game. but, if the mod is released soon, all the effort may go to waste. (savegame compatbility ?) so, i want to ask, should i start playing, or should i wait until 4.5 gold is released ?
  19. Any chance for bigger villages/cities in Warband ?

i definitely understand that the cities/villages, all the building concepts in M&B are 'representative', due to technical constraints in regard to player computer performance. ie, they are practically small. 4 buildings represent a 'village', and something which could be only a minor lord's...
  20. Skill / Stat effects

the purpose of thread is to sum skill/stat effects of the character and party heroes in Custom Settlements. please if you know any effects/non effects of the skills/stats, post them here. i will gather them into the initial post by adding each of them eventually. also please let me know if i...