Many people have problems with performance, including myself. I read lots of threads on this topic and spent much time on trying to improve my performance. Bannerlord is very CPU hungry and not well optimized. Graphic does not matter to much, that is why there is no big influence on performance when changing graphic settings.
Since the Beta patches of March many players complain about stuttering. In addition to that there were complains about memory issues too. I think the developers just need some time to solve this problem and hopefully everyone can enjoy a good experience with this game. I mean Mount & Blade was always something what everyone could play. It would be sad if Bannerlord would not continue this idea.
Here are some quick tips. Maybe they can help out a tiny bit. But i recommend to read other threads about peroformance. There are many people out there who have a much better understanding of this topic.
- Try to adjust the priority class of Bannerlord in the Task Manager
- Play on fullscreen
- Don't activate "Motion Blur"
- Adjust Framerate limit to the max. FPS your monitor can handle
- Adjust settings of graphic card in AMD settings or the NVIDIA equivalent
- Consider downloading "Process Lasso", a CPU Boost software
- When playing Singleplayer, restart the game every hour because there will be a drop of performance when playing for a longer time
My computer meets the recommended requirements on the Steam page (yes, they are outdated). When it comes to Multiplayer, i can play Captain Mode and Skirmish with Stuttering but 60 FPS. Only Siege and TDM are not playable for me because 50% of the game stutters.