Search results for query: *

1. SP - General Suggestion for DLC

Why would consoles be separated from PC in this regard? It doesn't make any sense to do that.
  2. Siege ongoing for full seasons in-game (XBox One S)

First, has anyone seen a siege last for entire seasons in-game without any action? If that's expected behavior, then okay. I started a siege of Uqba Castle as a low level Vlandian vassal. A Vlandian army quickly came to join me and the leader assumed command of the siege, taking away my...
  3. In Progress Can't tell which of my troops of a type have survived and which have died

TaleWorlds: If the lack of movement on this is due to bandwidth constraints, I'd be willing to volunteer my time to making some of these happen for the console version.

(I'm an information system architect with 22 years of experience with C#. It would be a dream come true to get my name on a credits list.)
  4. In Progress Can't tell which of my troops of a type have survived and which have died

New enhancement to piggyback on this idea: Allow troop missions to be given to "war heroes" such as
    (basic)"go to Khuzait, recruit me 50 horse archers and deliver them to <settlement> once you have them"
    or
    (complex)"go to Vlandia and bring me 10 Vanguard. Meet me with them to siege Sestadaim Castle in 20 turns. Here's the money and food to pay them."
  5. In Progress Can't tell which of my troops of a type have survived and which have died

*IF* the powers that be were to decide to allow you to upgrade a soldier to companion, I just thought of a potentially cool mechanism that could guide that that would take advantage of what I suggested earlier of starting with simply allowing the game to keep tabs on them as an entity.

Through some service achievement (something like: kill 10 enemies and survive 10 battles...bandits count as half a point sounds like a decent bar) allows you to "distinguish" them by asking them their name. That names them and creates a card that tracks their status.

After you distinguish them and they continue with you further (eg: 25 kills + 25 battles...bandits count as 1/2), they then get converted to a minor hero that can be given a banner and assigned to a unit as a hero troop.

After he takes part in successfully taking/defending a castle during a siege, he can be distinguished by gifting him an upgraded primary weapon and set the color of his armor palette to make him uniquely identified.

Limit the number you can flag and promote this way to the number of companions you are allowed to have.

I'm thinking of how the Byzantine Emperor had his Verangian Guard (they were Vikings)
  6. In Progress Can't tell which of my troops of a type have survived and which have died

Your soldiers are NOT notables or companions, they are just "lumber of the land"

Maybe in the future, a feature or mod, will allow the player to "promote" your soldiers to ??? special forces ? companions ? notables ?
    First, if the game doesn't support anything like this, then I think this would have to be worked into the game as a new feature because -the last I heard- there is no intention of enabling mod support on console.

Second, being able to promote soldiers to companion or notable status would certainly add some interesting layers to the game. It could be neat to have a "common soldier" promoted to companion assigned as governor of a city/castle lcould boost your troop morale at the expense of your relationship with noble born. Being able to upgrade a few knights' horse armor, sword/lance/armor would be very interesting much like -what you said- "special forces" or "Praetorian Guard" or something of that type.

While that sounds EXCELLENT (and I think I want that too lol), I wasn't even going that far with what I'm suggesting. Allowing the player to make a companion out of a soldier would need to have rebalancing taken into consideration, play testing, and all that jazz. What I'm looking for is something that shouldn't really impact balance at all.

What I'm suggesting that I'd like is for "my best soldiers"(as I decide) to be able to earn their way to becoming entities who are *more* than "the lumber of the land" and be tracked by flagging them, named, and just tracked as part of my clan through the game(maybe be able to change something about their look so that they look apart from the "lumber of the land"???) so that the Vlandian Squire that I recruit at the beginning of the game and fights with me can become a minor character to my playthrough if I want to flag him and name him and track his progress with me through the campaign.
  7. In Progress Can't tell which of my troops of a type have survived and which have died

What? This is you personal preference to impose conditions on your playing not a bug. If you do not want to lose control of your troops in battle follow an army around, do not join it. These battles can have 10000+ troop battles, at the end of it it welll
    Hi. I'm thinking you're misunderstanding what I was referring to. My summary involving "joining an army" was just a story to illustrate how the problem of not being able to have "my questing party" marked in a battle makes it so that I have no way of telling my rank and file troops apart from the troops that I trained from the beginning of the game, built up, and have fought alongside me. At the end of a battle, I kind of care about how many of my most expensive troops were lost and I kind of care about whether my "first recruits" have survived.

The game keeps track of your hideout raiding party between hideout raids. I always send in the same guys. Why can't these guys be tracked across a battlefield to see if they survived?

Couldn't we have the ability to "promote" a soldier to an officer within their unit after they get 10 kills and participate in at least 10 battles such that they got a name card that made them into a minor hero that would track their accolades?

If this is an enhancement request and this is not the right place for an enhancement request, please let me know where this should have gone. It seems like being able to call out your best troops for "special service to their lord" would be a good idea, even if it is only for narrative purposes.

Isn't there a way to flag my guys as "my guys?"
  8. Need More Info Inventory Lock not working

Summary: Consider a scenario where you are needing to do the 'Gang Leader Needs Tools' quest and he requires 23 one-handed axes of any quality and that you have the following one-handed axes in inventory 23 pickaxes worth 51 denars each 23 Rectangular Bitted Axes worth 2000 denars each Locking...
  9. In Progress Can't tell which of my troops of a type have survived and which have died

Summary: When I start the game, recruit my first troops, and go questing with them, they become part of my adventure. They eventually upgrade to higher tier troops, you have to provide them with mounts and war mounts (for cavalry at least), and eventually they become an integrated part of the...
  10. SP - General TBSE : The Best Suggestions Ever

I would definitely support more lively cities and having more quests that require you to go into a settlement seems to be the most obvious way to ensure that the "more lively settlements" effort doesn't get ignored by players.

I know that's pretty generic, but making people go into the cities more is the obvious solution to getting people into the cities. Just make it interesting and necessary to go there and the problem solves itself.
  11. SP - World Map Suggestion: Horses should be fed

I understand I'm late to the party. But couldn't the feeding of horses be worked in as a party speed nerf and take it as implied within the game mechanics that travel between locations automatically factors in that horses need to eat?

There's already the herd penalty that is a fixed speed nerf that makes sense as trying to constantly wrangle extra horses would automatically slow you down. But if there was an added mechanic where traveling horses across grasslands would incur no speed penalty, traveling horses across snow or desert would incur a "burdensome" speed penalty with following rules:

-Carrying "horse provisions" along the way completely negates the speed penalty across all terrains so long as you have provisions (horses consume as food)
    -Camels have zero speed penalty in deserts but penalized in snow
    -Sturgian horses have zero speed penalty in snow but penalized in desert
    -Steppe horses have half speed penalty in desert and snow
    -"Temperate" equines only compete on equal footing with other horses through grasslands and temperate forests

I think it would add a very interesting layer to the husbandry of the game where Sturgians have a horse advantage in snow, Aserai have an automatic desert advantage on camels, the Khuzaits are adapted to travel through both, and the temperate kingdoms have to carry food for horses into those places to compete.

Also work it into the game mechanics where a player of Sturgian origin can purchase Sturgian horses at a lower price than someone of a different origin until you build Charm perks. Apply the same dynamic Khuzait vis-a-vis steppe horses and Aserai vis-a-vis camels and I think it would all work together quite nicely.
  12. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Promote Troops and upgrading them to Companion for richer role playing

Lets see what Devs will release in the final release version of 1.2, they are adding nice features.

Otherwise, modders will need to "Adultize" the game.
    I just hope they include the XBox version in their update. We *just* bought it after learning about it. I'd heard of the original Mount & Blade but wasn't aware a sequel had been made. We've been having a ton of fun with it so far and I'm loving the core pieces (specifically, their version of a campaign map and their version of the action map;they're very Total War in a very good way...done BETTER) and I really like how they were able to get very close to a useful mouse cursor on console but some of the more basic things like conversation tree depth seem amateurish/half effort. If they could support mods on XBox, I'd totally make some that seem useful (I found out from YT that this is C#. I've been a C# developer for 20 years)

Easiest improvement they could make to console would be to allow two different mouse sensitivities, one for precision movement and one for "swipe" movement. You currently have to have one sensitivity tuned to work for both uses and it makes it so that neither can be dialed in just right.
  13. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Promote Troops and upgrading them to Companion for richer role playing

Good idea, but the game is basically finished so Devs probably won't do anything. Talk to Modders over at NexusMods.
    So does that also mean that jousting tournaments are a total no-go?
  14. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Promote Troops and upgrading them to Companion for richer role playing

Good idea, but the game is basically finished so Devs probably won't do anything. Talk to Modders over at NexusMods.
    I'm playing on Xbox One. Are mods supported? (I'm going to assume no)
  15. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Promote Troops and upgrading them to Companion for richer role playing

Hi. I would like to see a feature added to the game which allows you to declare retainers from common troops so they can be identified from the low ranked troops. If these minor retainers can be declared, named, and eventually made Baronets(landless nobility) once you start a kingdom, I think...
Back
Top Bottom