Search results

1. Taleworlds needs to hold themselves accountable and admit that many key decisions regarding multiplayer have backfired.

What do you mean by 'competitive mode'? We had server side stat adjustments (which were extremely mild) quite late into the games life. We also had a matchmaking system (which quite a lot of us didn't like) which was even later into the games life. Otherwise there is very little on the surface...
  2. Crucial Mechanic to deal with block delay!

Stunning was an area that I thought should have been kept as it was a good mechanic but I thought could have done with additional animations/sounds to let the player know whats happening. Just a different animation showing the weapon/shield getting knocked away and a grunt would have done it...
  3. I can't do it. Combat is too wierd

I agree, there's really no coming back from the position they are in through parameter tweaks. The current game seems to have been designed by someone who is totally blind, they have no experience or understanding of what made warband good. As such there is no way forward for them either on the...
  4. Fix Classes with real PERKS

It does affect speed, however noticeable changes in speed usually would be on the order of 50 points of change in weapon skill, the differences between equivalent classes is usually less than this. There are some exceptions though, try using throwing weapons as swadian cavalry or try moving...
  5. Fix Classes with real PERKS

I wrote the code for the ludus server, I didn't touch the faction proficiency. I doubt many other servers would have changed them. Different factions do have different skills in speed, damage output etc... A lot of this is hard to pick up on from a players individual perspective however due to...
  6. BladeEd Warband Scene Editor

Apologies for the lack of updates on this, I don't tend to have a lot of free development time so while I am not currently working on anything Warband related I tend to let things lapse. I have created a small update (v0.1.1) to this application which will hopefully fix some of the small issues...
  7. Dev Blog 29/03/19

The last thing you want is a beta entirely populated by people with 10000 hours. You need a spectrum of all experiences otherwise you will miss a lot of issues that new players may be coming up against when opening the game for the first time. There are still many mechanics and features in...
  8. [WNL7] Suggestions

If a team spawns in control of the current flag, it does give them time to setup, however it also gives more time for the attackers to work down the defences. Additionally it also lets the defenders mount earlier attacks or attempt to delay the attackers from getting through. Teams would be...
  9. Community Stats Patch and Competitive scene state

Because it's mechanically awful. Infantry have pretty much no way to know if they can currently be foot-shot or not. Whether it can happen is down to tiny differences in the angle of the shield. Bear in mind that infantries primary role is as a tank unit to take and hold positions, having their...
  10. Community Stats Patch and Competitive scene state

You are correct, 5 shield skill is basically good enough to provide full coverage vertically even with small shields. However, shield skill also effects a delay during melee. When I originally buffed the shield skill of the other factions I also buffed rhodoks too since they were already...
  11. [WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions

It's not entirely true that it's a non-issue. The worse the faction matchup, the less the difference in strength between teams matters. In matches this may give an advantage to a team which favours open maps over closed maps, if the closed map is a bad faction matchup, then the result is more...
  12. IG_Battlegrounds is up again!

Yes but that's pretty complicated as a modification since you're now talking about having multiple matches happening in parallel as well as all the heavy modifications needed for the maps. Cutting up the maps would also impact cavs ability to move as well as I said (for instance how do you cut...
  13. IG_Battlegrounds is up again!

Sounds a bit grim that though, I thought ogl meant simply changing the spawn points to be close to the flags when they spawn (for instance making upper spawn on verloren in the tower for attacker spawn flag) but keep the maps the same. Cav especially need space or cover to be able to operate...
  14. IG_Battlegrounds is up again!

Does this remove circling though? I don't see why it should. When the group fighting server was up that saw circling even in very small arenas.
  15. IG_Battlegrounds is up again!

Circling is due to a kind of game theory you play with everyone else on your team. The people who avoid engagement live longer on average and may have a slightly higher chance for gaining kills as a result. Of course if the whole team charged as a team then everyone might get more kills, but...
  16. Warband Matchmaking Client (WBMM) [v1.8 BETA]

Guy installs spyware on hundreds of peoples computers by deliberately deceiving them but its ok because we caught 3 people who cheat at computer games? What... Ends do not remotely justify the means here. This may have been acceptable if it was upfront and open source. The way this was done...
  17. BladeEd Warband Scene Editor

This is the data I have decoded for the objects: Group Number - This holds which group of objects its from, scene props, plants, entry points etc... Type Index - The index of the type of object, this will be unique to each group Magic Number - Don't have a clue what this does if anything...
  18. BladeEd Warband Scene Editor

It's a bit work in progress, at the moment it doesn't really do more than display the objects properties and give you the option of downloading them as a CSV file. I can look to adding the ability to modify the objects list, it should be possible to add the features you mention there.
  19. BladeEd Warband Scene Editor

Hope it proves useful, let me know if you encounter any problems. I did a bit of basic idiot proofing but I probably missed some things.
  20. BladeEd Warband Scene Editor

Introduction BladeEd is intended as free to use software which permits the user to open and modify Mount and Blade Warband scene files. The editor currently allows for the adjustment of all terrain and texture layers by letting the user access them and open them for modification in any external...