Search results

1. WOLFGEIST

Any update on duel server faction change?

Battania has 2h swords.
  2. WOLFGEIST

I mean they created this placeholder duel mode a while back and told us they'd be switching the faction months ago. Maybe it is difficult but it would certainly be nice to mix things up.
  3. WOLFGEIST

Battania or Sturgia would be swell, both have peasant classes with 1h swords.
  4. WOLFGEIST

I need an experienced MP player to explain this to me

Yeah stabs are by far the most difficult attack to chamber.
  5. WOLFGEIST

I'd say it's something like 300ms? Has to be active as the attack lands. Similar to a parry (or chamber) in Mordhau. You can also block stabs with a left/right active block.
  6. WOLFGEIST

6 months into EA and devs still do not understand what ruins their game.

This comes off as incessant whining and not particularly helpful criticism. They just launched a big patch with a lot of fixes that players had been requesting. The issue seems to be your understanding of the development cycle and the amount of time it takes to actually produce content or make...
  7. WOLFGEIST

Incanuth has summarized it well. Might be one of the more concise explanations of BL combat mechanics i've seen so far.
  8. WOLFGEIST

so you think you can stance?

There is a system within the stance system that clearly is designed to have a role. What that role is, it seems nobody knows or understand. But it works like this: Left forward stance seems to be a "power" stance. If you run forward and hold an overhead attack for slightly longer than a quick...
  9. WOLFGEIST

my (estimated) timeline for features/fixes

This is not true. Any time you press a or d while not attacking or blocking, you're changing stance. With the left foot forward, you do a different attack which then transitions into the right foot forward stance. It's most noticeable on an overhead attack. So while running forward, you could...
  10. WOLFGEIST

I'm done being polite.

Isn't Bannerlord a different game engine though? When you make and maintain your own game engine it adds orders of magnitude of complexity to making a game. Making a game on a prebuilt engine with so many available resources is much, much more straight forward. If you look at Star Citizen...
  11. WOLFGEIST

I'm done being polite.

TBF Mordhau was created on an engine that's been in development since 2003 (Unreal 4 Engine) and has many, many available resources to work with and learn from.
  12. WOLFGEIST

Confusing visual cues in mirrored matchups (ALSO AN EPIC COSMETIC SUGGESTION/FIX)

Or allow us to scroll through it with a hotkey or something. Like if you press enter to go into chat, the killfeed pops up and you can scroll it.
  13. WOLFGEIST

Best Possible Compromise For Class System.

Yeah I agree as I mentioned elsewhere, that's clearly the issue and I believe it's being addressed. I can see having too much freedom being harder to balance, but I know a lot of people disagree.
  14. WOLFGEIST

Pikes suck

So with a weapon like the pike, there's a much slower windup time before you get the release. What if the windup was much faster but there was a "cooldown" before you could strike again? So with something like a pike, you could strike very quickly and hit hard, but you wouldn't be able to...
  15. WOLFGEIST

If javs and kicks are not nerfed in a meaningful way the grand majority of players will have have had enough??

If someone is running straight at you, you should be kicking them. Predictable patterns should be punished.
  16. WOLFGEIST

Confusing visual cues in mirrored matchups (ALSO AN EPIC COSMETIC SUGGESTION/FIX)

Semi on topic here: The aserai logo above your teammates heads, as one example, can really blend into the background on certain maps, sometimes you can barely see it when target switching, particularly on teammates at longer ranges. In addition, if you're next to teammates (on a flag for...
  17. WOLFGEIST

I think so, I think the idea is that they'd be OP at least in concept. 100 gold for a spear and shield could be OP, for 100 gold you have to choose between the shield (extra defense) or spear (anti-cav). Not saying that's a perfect example, or that a LOT of improvements couldn't be made, but...
  18. WOLFGEIST

Well I think one of the concepts behind the class sytem is tradeoffs. You can either pick the stronger, slower bow, or the stronger, faster bow, or armor, for example. I do fundamentally like the concept of these tradeoffs but i'm also of the mind that this could be an interesting change...
  19. WOLFGEIST

Suggestion to improve viability of 2h

I know this is a troll thread but this is really the simplest and most direct way to make the class viable. It would really be interesting to see the shock trooper class as it is right now but with 40 armor default. One of the primary issues with the class is that so many of the "options" are...