Search results

1. Empire: Total War

Wahey! Just ordered a copy of ETW. Fingers crossed it's runs on the laptop. @ Ealabor, I've spoilered my resonse in deference to Arch.
  2. Empire: Total War

We burnt the white house. Giggle. It's worth bearing in mind too that 19,000 American troops died during the campaign, only 4000 British troops died (you're lot kept ****ting in your drinking water). Nice victory my son! It's impossible to claim 1812 as a victory (however much America...
  3. The UK...

Cricket isn't meant to be exciting, it's like foie gras, handel and countdown, collectively great as they may be you can't gratify yourself to them (now that vorderman's gone anyway).
  4. The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

How an embrace be conveyed through daguerrotype is beyond me. In Hussey's embrace no one can hear you dial child line... In the grandest  tradition of petulent defence, he threatened to kill me first your honour.
  5. The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

I'll welcome you enthusiastically, ecstatically and indeed erotically with a nice, naked and naturally naughty embrace dontcha know.
  6. The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Provision for live rounds was introduced just prior to the Crimean war I believe, but as you say to varying degrees it had been used prior to that date. 40 rounds seems reasonable for a line regiment, however excavations at Shorncliffe suggest that the light infantry used considersbly more (lots...
  7. The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

There's an old chestnut that appears in discussion from time to time, whether or not it's true I couldn't say. It goes that British troops during the American revolution saw their rifle bearing oppenents as morally reprehensible, by actively aiming at an enemy they were guilty of murder, while...
  8. The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Break open the brandy and cigars, page 141 has no information germane to the mod.
  9. The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Several reasons all of impeccable and indeed immaculate logic, I couldn't bear to be without a flushing lavatory for extended periods of time, Deserts don't appeal, the Navy is fully unisex (if you're not on the boats) and has the highest female participation percentage in the forces, it's also...
  10. The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

After Naval Officer training you get a foundation degree in management, I'd like to bump that up to a full degree, and get a seperate degree in Archaeology and Anthropology. End goal would be after my 12 year commision and a couple of years field archaeology to get into site directing for a...
  11. The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Arg... Pressed remove not modify... How are you finding it? If I can get the Navy bursary I'll be choosing between Oxford (I have the three A's required, still a fairly long shot though I guess), Exeter and Bristol. I' appreciate your views on Exeter.
  12. The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Ah, I forgot the lure of my homeland got you taffy (born on the border or Cornwall and Devon, the two bestestest counties in the UK), which university are you with? I know Exeter has a Cornwall campus, but apart from that I don't know any Cornish based uni's.
  13. The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Seems a thoroughly good idea there, Napoleonic India is too romantic to completely throw away. And I still have the Indian tunics, so I'd just have to knock up some matchlocs and it'd be sorted. Might be fun to make some Egyptian quick battles as well (just those between France and Britain, sod...
  14. The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

The 72nd or the 42nd are the best bets to be honest, they are along with the 92nd the most famous highland regiments, and the 92nd were most definately trousered. Give the Highland light infantry (as in Light infantry regiment rather than company) trews if you're including them (which you should...
  15. The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Sorry old chap flippancy doesn't come off well across the internet it appears. An emoticon with a tongue out would be appropriate, but I can't bring myself to add to the worlds already manifold misery with another one of those sardonic evil smiling little yellow bastards... Dain clicked me, that...
  16. The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Go **** yourself you arse munching wankpot, place your petite testicles upon the anvil of communication and give them a sound and thorough pounding with the hammer of being too ****ing mouthy for your own good. Nosey ****. And you have the gall to thank me for something which now I have little...
  17. New Mod "Napoleon Ways To The Power"[CAncelled to further Notices]

Lord Nelson did well considering he was dead eight years by 1813.
  18. The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

I shouldn't think so, it's from "Triubhas" (or later "Truis") in Gaelic, the word trouser itself is derived of "Truis", replacing the Latinised Roman "Bracca" (i.e. Breeches). Which of course explains why it has been Anglified (not many Portuguese adaptions in English). Ref, The Oxford...
  19. The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Incorrect old todger, they have been nicknamed the Grey dragoons or Scots Greys pretty much since their formation, the name became official in 1877 whe they were renamed 2nd Dragoons (Royal Scots Greys) rather than just plain old 2nd Dragoons. Ah, I see you have chanced 'pon those most...
  20. The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

What ho plebs, would anyone mind giving a rough summary of whats happened in the last 45 posts? I'm afraid I'm on considerably too slow internet to be bothered finding out myself.