Search results

1. RalliX

Multiple Damage Types in a swing

In discussions about the damage & armor system in the game, it is often said that there is a trade-off between realism and gameplay that must be made. Specifically, you can’t make swords and axes ineffective against heavily armoured opponents by making cut damage ineffective against it. This is...
  2. RalliX

Alternative Multiplayer Mode: Territory

Please read my idea before voting. I’m still fleshing it out, and you can read some of this in the replies until I update the OP. I'll start with a quote from the dev blog that was released on the 15th: So, we have Siege, Captain Battle, Skirmish, and Duel.  Edit: There is also going to be a...
  3. RalliX

Ever just wanna post bull****? Say anything. See inside for exmaples.

You thought this was an example you little *****. This an exmaple niqqah. It's time we shot pussies wirth tampons. I'[m literally not even gonna spellcheck this whole ****ing thread man. YOU NEED TO GIVE THE **** UP ON EVERYTHING YOU KNOW. WHAT YOU NEED TO REALLY BE HAPPY IS TO GET A DUAL...
  4. RalliX

URGENT: DDoS of all major NA Servers

So we're getting screwed pretty hard here. If this ain't fixed it will be the death of NA, and maybe EU eventually. Somebody with too much free time and no soul has been giving servers DDoS attacks for fun. We need to kick the little ***** in his raisin sized testicles and get ourselves a...
  5. RalliX

Rall-Pal's SP Balancing[Video]

So as always, I am building and improving what I envision as the most balanced and lore correct version of Native I can by modifying only a few textfiles. I'm just here to show my results, and ask for some suggestions/feedback about the modifications before releasing it. It's primarily a SP mod...
  6. RalliX

SF NA 2: Rall-Pal's New Thread Boogaloo

Black Banners, Bright Blades, Bloody Blows. StrikeForce was formed November of 2012. Somehow we keep on truckin'. Together with our good friends, the TRUE SAD BOYS, we form the Truly Sad Coalition. Founder Rocky has disappeared under unknown circumstances. The players who still bear our tags...
  7. RalliX

Option to Remove/Ignore Faction in Profile

The Question is quite simple. I find it annoying that the length of a post's pixels is elongated at times by a piece of text few people care to actually have there. Yes, yes, Rallix has OCD. All I ask, is that you consider whether you actually want that text under your avatar every time you...
  8. RalliX

Strategic AI and Lord Parties

So I think we need to talk about this subject. The players feel as though they are in the Napoleonic era without the Napoleonic leaders and wars. These commanders feel like Warband Lords, who are aloof, indecisive, constantly feasting assholes who  rarely do anything worth their trouble. This...
  9. RalliX

[MP]Why the Combat is Bad, and How to fix it

So I finally got a chance to actually get a feel for the MP combat myself. I've only fought bots so far, but I can understand what's going wrong and why people are not liking the combat. I can tell that the MP did not have a lot of effort or thought put into the stats/equipment. It plays like a...
  10. RalliX

[Starting a Clan?]VC Recruiting Wave

I'd say many threads are going to be made by relatively new players trying to recruit dudes into their new Viking Conquest group. I'd also say that most of these new VC groups are going to be modelling themselves somewhat like NW regiments. They're going to make up arbitrary ranking systems for...
  11. RalliX

Hardware & Software Guides

Posting some Soft/Hard ware guides. They're just pictures, and only really applicable presently. Thread should be updated every few years at least. Also, as some of them point out, they are the opinions and presentations of a person, requiring your own judgement...
  12. RalliX

Direct Democracy

I believe that we no longer have need for the archaic system of representative democracy. It has too many shortfalls that Direct democracy does not. With modern technology, or even without, vote collection systems would be streamlined. I will give an example of a direct democratic system. Joe...
  13. RalliX

US-Taliban Peace Talks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22957819 "The US is to open direct peace talks with the Taliban, senior White House officials have announced." Funnily, I can already see where this is going to have issues. "However, the talks are on condition that the Taliban renounce violence, break...
  14. RalliX

WH40K Spec-Ops: Mission 1

Bunker Battle. The high-pitched searing of a Valkyrie airborne assault carrier's turbines blocked out most exterior noise. Logan Grimm motioned to his troopers to embark. "Up and in, let's go!" He carried his rifle and equipment up the ramp and took a seat, securing himself with rifle between...
  15. RalliX

Pooh Baseball: A Japanese Children's Game

http://disney.kids.yahoo.co.jp/game/pooh.html A simple game of timing, and accuracy. No, it is not as simple as it appears to be. Follow the link at your own risk, friends. Especially you, Ringwraith. You have been warned.
  16. RalliX

Server Hosting Requirements

Right lads, I just had a brilliant and probably already thought of idea/question. I want to figure out how much bandwidth, gigahertz, and memory(RAM) it takes to run various amounts of slots for a server. Wut? For example, how high are the system/network requirements for a full 100 man server...
  17. RalliX

Why do we commit Crimes?

Here, I shall try and give an explanation to the question posed in the title. Feel free to discuss either mine or your own opinions. Why do we commit crimes? Why do the young people get caught up in crimes? Why do certain ethnic minorities have comparatively higher crime rates? What is the root...
  18. RalliX

The Art of Tactics

Here I shall tell you how you win battles. There are four main steps to the goal of destroying your enemy. They are known as the four Fs, and they are as follows: #1: Find Locate your enemy. Know where he is in relation to your own men. Take note of his strength of numbers, and if possible...
  19. RalliX

Mein Gott: Laser Weapon-Systems

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20944726 Rheinmetall, you dogs you. Finally; L4zor-b33mz.
  20. RalliX

Banded Armour, and Ambiguous Maille

I have been blundering around google images, and come across a few interesting discussions about armor fabrication and design. This image above depicts various styles of armour gleaned from the bayeux tapestry and other sources. 1-2 Lists scale armour over mail based on something from the 13th...