Search results

1. Elis' Speculative Fiction Thinktank - Currently World Building

A few questions which I could use chemistry/metallurgy/geology input for: First of all, if an earth like planet was to have technology of early Renaissance, but with Iron being very rare and instead the main metal being bronze or similar, could it work? Which technologies or areas would be...
  2. Server Issues?

The forums just went down for ~10 mins or so, just making sure Admins are aware/someone can look at the server logs and figure out what went wrong. EDIT: And again just now.
  3. BattleTech [Gauging Interest for games/campaign]

So last week I played my first few games of Battletech with an equally clueless friend using MegaMek. I'm a complete newbie, but I figure you lot will have at least a few players among you. Anyone play? I'd be. interested in working out some form of campaign or just random battles if there are...
  4. GPU troubles with BIOS Recognition

Alright, in short, the BIOS recognises the Graphics Card if I put it in the PCIx4 slot, but not the PCIx16 slot. Testing with a flatmates graphics card, the x16 slot does recognise other cards. Is my card just shafted, any other ideas, if yes, any other information required from me?
  5. [Werewolf: Archive] Werewolf: A Forum Affair II - Forumite Victory

Werewolf: A Forum Affair II or; How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Server Apologies in advance, but I have a really ****ty headache; I'm tired, grumpy and just want to get a few hours sleep. Don't want to hold the game up though, so I'll post the rules and fill the narration in when I...
  6. Werewolf: A Forum Affair II - Signups

Werewolf: A Forum Affair II or; How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Server It was cold, near Winter still. March was ending, and plans were in action to cause mayhem. Scripts were embedded, and the server breached - come April 1st, the madness would begin again. Evening all, 's...
  7. Do my legwork for me; or, I've been out the loop: help suggest bits.

So late next month I finally get to fix my desktop after I managed to break the MoBO, the Proc and probably the PSU in a short of some kind. This will also allow me to get back to streaming! However, I've not really been following hardware for a while. I need suggestions. My budget is ~£1000. I...
  8. [BoP: Archives] Balance of Power: Kandallan

Balance of Power: Kandallan Kandallan, a world of reasonably mid fantasy and reasonably priced prostitutes. Throughout her history, conflict and strife have been endemic, as has the inexorable march of progress and technology. Empires have risen and fallen, but the world keeps on spinning...
  9. Photo Contest voting, round #179: Performance

QuailLover Adorno Havoc Seff J
  10. Balance of Power: Kandallan - Recruitment Thread - Nearly done!

Balance of Power: Kandallan Welcome, one and all, to what was originally going to be a verbose demonstration of literary prowess, but is instead going to be pretty simple and to the point from here on: the Kandallan BoP Recruitment thread. In the second post in this thread, I shall place...
  11. Puzzle Strike: Bag of Chips

Good evening all. Glad I could lure you in here. :3 Today, we're going to be talking Puzzle Strike. I hear you ask what that is, but shut up, sit down and I'll get to that in a minute. But first, this post is an advert, a challenge and a tutorial rolled up into one. Enjoy! The first time I...
  12. Balance of Power: Kandallan - Pre Game Thread

Balance of Power: Kandallan Right, talking this over with some people I've decided to shift talk of this out of the Hosting thread and into a self contained threadnaught. When I open up recruitment, this thread will be re-purposed. In the mean time, I'm going to do a breakdown of the Nation...
  13. Fake/Fallow Contrivance: Day One (Fate PnP Game IC Thread)

Right, first off, two main rules - posts in this thread are all in character, and furthermore, only players should post here. Anyone else with anything, post it here please, or PM me. This is the reboot of the Fate game that got waylaid last year, so I expect things will go a bit more smoothly...
  14. Screenshot Contest Voting Thread - Week Twenty - Vista

Verbeek Mass Effect 3 Friendlyfyre lord of the rings:Online Splintert TES V: Skyrim Jec94227 Fallout 3, Goatee Havoc Skyrim Kronic FO:NV BloodLuster Rise of the Argonauts Comrade Temuzu Tomb Raider: Anniversary Ljas Saint's Row the Third
  15. Fake/Fallow Contrivance - Day Zero (Kronic PnP Game Two - Game Thread)

Right, first off, two main rules - posts in this thread are all in character, and furthermore, only players should post here. Anyone else with anything, post it here please, or PM me. Anything I post as Kronic is a GM note, though most of these should be kept in the main thread. Anything I post...
  16. [Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf: A Forum Affair - Forces of Order win!

It was a cold and snowy day, though no-one gave two ****s as they were all inside on their computers, the lazy sods. They browsed their forums in peace, content to whittle their time away in peace. The banter was witty, the puns were ****ty. It seemed like these days would last forever. No-one...
  17. Werewolf: A Forum Affair - Signup Thread - Closed - Player List Up!

Greetings, 13 players sought for illicit carnal pleasure a game of Lightning Werewolf! This will work for all intents like regular WW, except days and nights are only 48 hours long each, as opposed to the more standard week and a bit. The first day will be a bit longer (60 hours), to give...
  18. Spoiler tags, and use thereof for images

So it's likely this will mostly be relevant to Off Topic, but I can imagine a few ways it's relevant to the On Topic boards as well. Essentially, it's became common practice (for good reason!) to put large images such as screenshots within spoiler tags. This is all well and good, but due to the...
  19. Awesome Games Done Quick 2014

So, starting in around an hour, this years AGDQ shall begin. This is similar to Desert Bus for Hope, with the stream of screen and room, but hosted by Speed Demos Archive with all the raised money going to the Prevent Cancer Foundation. Essentially, several days of solid gaming, trying to...
  20. Fighting Games - Got Hype?

Greetings, mind slaves. Don't you love beating the **** out of people on a two dimensional plane? Sometimes even a three dimensional cube? So yeah, Fighting Games. Anyone play many of them? I spent years avoiding them like the plague, but since coming to Uni and finding the Fighting Games...