Search results

1. Archers need a nerf.

I can't believe Apocal is back for more... Volleying is arguably the de facto mode of attack when employing archers without clear elevation advantage and fortifications. it allowed them to shoot over obstacles much like artillery, the lack of aiming required and the efficient 45 degree firing...
  2. Archers need a nerf.

After participating in this discussion for a while and making some reflections while playing the game more, i've realized a few things. Since this discussion began some 2 months ago, the game has undergone constant changes and patches. and many things have not been the same. any testing done...
  3. Archers need a nerf.

I don't think that is the case here, aside from Fians the archers in this game are not that op. even with high ground and unobstructed vision. they struggle against shield infantry advance, and 100 archers vs 100 infantry same tier, with high ground defensive advantage the infantry will still be...
  4. Archers need a nerf.

the reason missiles shouldn't do as much damage compared to a spear thrust is due to the force involved. the golden equation here: F=Ma (force = mass x acceleration) an arrow is typically around 20grams, when it's released from the bow there's only 20grams of weight behind it. a spear is a few...
  5. Archers need a nerf.

charging in a disciplined way is important, even if your horses died on impact due to arrows or pikes their sheer mass and momentum would still crush the enemy frontlines. frontal assaults are all about discipline if one side chickens out first it's over for them commanders with this level of...
  6. Archers need a nerf.

it's going to take more time to compile a source list and proper citations on a subject this nuanced than it would to write a long essay. frankly this should be based on common sense and logical consistency. just google it. while i cannot deny the effectiveness of plate armor against arrows...
  7. Archers need a nerf.

if your only argument is that i'm not providing sources then perhaps you can go do your own research, arrive at your own conclusion, then formulate your own counter argument against mine, source them and debate me then. i'll have your sources by that time. perhaps you can also provide the...
  8. Archers need a nerf.

i was going more for the defenders are in front of the granary to guard it. so the attacker has to eliminate the defenders or distract them enough to create an opening for a tactical stealth attack around them. a field battle take of the siege situation in terms of attack and defend. could also...
  9. Archers need a nerf.

Archers took much much more time and effort to train (compared to infantry) and are relatively lightly armored (due to the range of motion required to shoot a bow and the utter exhaustion from shooting, not to mention the obviously lacking shield). it makes 0 sense for a commander to put them in...
  10. Archers need a nerf.

me too man, me too. i think that would push this game into the next level of player base and longevity for sure. they can add different battle modes: -skirmish: a chance encounter of 2 armies and neither commander want to pass the chance to defeat their enemy -king of the kill: a contest to...
  11. Formations bug/unplayable

what is the problem with your formation? you didn't provide a detailed description i posted a thread a while ago about formations being bugged out, and everyone is in permanent loose formation. this turns out to be a situation caused by an mounted lord leading unmounted troops formation and the...
  12. How long does it take to get kids?

i heard a surefire way to get pregnant is to have your spouse as the governor of a place, have booze in your inventory and spend the night there
  13. Archers need a nerf.

my ideal pvp scenario in this game would be a 5v5 field battle. each team has a commander and 4 squad leaders and each person commands up to 100 troops of equal tier. each player gets to choose his troops and we'll have a glorious 1000 man field battle in a battle field 5-10 times the normal...
  14. Tight budget with 200 troops & 1 castle

dude you have 2000+ expense, lets say 3k a day 6 caravan and 5 shops should cover most of that. and you cannot forget that every time a caravan stops at a town it makes a barter and earns money not shown in your daily cash flow. my caravans usually made 300-1000 profit per day and 1500 per...
  15. How will they fix Sturgia getting completely eliminated in one year, and Khuzait and Vlandia taking half the map in 3 years?

in that case you were super super lucky to own a town in the first place lol. i always had to personally lead armies and take few towns and castles to have any land given to me. usually i go as a merc before tier 4 clan. and at that point as a vassal i have my personal army including at least 2...
  16. Archers need a nerf.

are you saying that one of the best tactical counter to archers in both history and in game is irrelevant in the discussion of whether archers are over powered because the AI is not programmed to use it in an early release game yet? because it sure seems like that's what you are saying. the...
  17. About that 65K plate armor.

considering the whole shop costs 15k and all the assets in there combined is worth like 10k. the current cost of a 300k bow
  18. How will they fix Sturgia getting completely eliminated in one year, and Khuzait and Vlandia taking half the map in 3 years?

dude even with an army of 1500, the Khuzaits need to spend a good 2-3 days to build siege camp and kill through your garrison, surely you would have amassed an army by then to defend your town
  19. Archers need a nerf.

i've literally ran this experiment in custom battles, many many times: enemy has 100 or 150 or 200 archers, and i have the same number of infantry. all i did was make a shield wall and afk. the archers closed in, shot all their arrows, charged in 1 at a time and all died while i lost less than...
  20. The Main Quest has to go

i didn't want to quote your entire post. anyways, they have nerfed early game money making. so you are basically down to 2 options. grind your way through practice arena to make your first bit of money. or not hire many troops. here's what i realized after my first playthrough. you get more...