Search results

1. MightyMidgit

Victory Through Execution Should Not Be So Easy

As mentioned in the post, being hated by everyone is not a problem when someone plans on just executing everyone eventually. Also, even if something changes to make lords not escape and return immediately, that would still not stop someone from winning incredibly easily by beheading everyone...
  2. MightyMidgit

Early Access Update

It is, here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/early-access-update.426185/
  3. MightyMidgit

A 90-employee studio with ONE actively-maintained product is releasing only ONE THREE-LINE bug fix patch per week. Unbelievable.

Sorry, but that comment there shows you know very little about programing. My comment about retail was not to say the jobs were similar, only that both sides get unnecessary flack and customers are far ruder to them than needed, creating sympathy between those who have worked a similar job...
  4. MightyMidgit

A 90-employee studio with ONE actively-maintained product is releasing only ONE THREE-LINE bug fix patch per week. Unbelievable.

Just as those who have worked retail or service before are more tolerant and understanding of others who are working it, we programmers are more understanding of each other. Until I see something that seems terribly erroneous, I have not reason to be critical, and right now, I see nothing wrong...
  5. MightyMidgit

< snip > Take it from someone who is in the industry (computer science, software engineering, etc.), there is a LOT that goes into projects that is not visible on the outside, and not all of it is ready for weekly patches. In my current employment, it can take as much as an entire 40-hour week...
  6. MightyMidgit

SP Top Feedback & Suggestions

@GG Cannon, This is not my thread, but it was brought to my attention. I feel it should be added to the curated list. Thread title: My formation suggestions: Improved troop control system by @ZavodilaSauklus Category: Battles and Sieges Why should it be featured in this thread: Gives more...
  7. MightyMidgit

My formation suggestions: Improved troop control system.

I like the idea of subgroups for the various troop types. This would enable far more complex strategies for players and possibly for the AI when the AI gets good enough to utilize it. I also hate how we have no way to say what weapons our troops use. I loved the mods in Warband that allowed you...
  8. MightyMidgit

Make patches optional!

Got it. Yah, hotpatches for branches automatically update because the update applies to your current branch. Branch persistence only works on former branches. Basically, if you want to keep with 1.4.1, you will have to wait until it gets past beta branch, past main branch, and becomes one of the...
  9. MightyMidgit

Make patches optional!

Go to you Steam Library, Right-click Bannerlord, go to properties. In the BETAS tab, there is a dropdown of all patches. Select the one you want, and the game will either update or roll back to that patch. When it is not the current updated build, it will stick with the build you choose and not...
  10. MightyMidgit

Field Drills to Train Troops (and level Medicine)

Personally, I don't care too much for the training field mod because it is only passive gameplay, which is boring. I have a passive option in my suggestion for those who want it, but in my opinion it is much more fun to actually play the game while leveling your troops instead of sitting and...
  11. MightyMidgit

I like the idea of diminishing returns depending on the tier. I'll add that to the post!
  12. MightyMidgit

Game crashing, can someone read crash log and help ?

Start with no mods and then activate them one by one until you find the ones that conflict or cause the issue. It's about the only way to find out what's wrong.
  13. MightyMidgit

Camps certainly would be nice for many different reasons.
  14. MightyMidgit

can you kill civilians in the game?

It does. Simply put, either there are no plans to allow this in the game or it has not been implemented. There is already a criminal rating system for towns, so hopefully it does come.
  15. MightyMidgit

can you kill civilians in the game?

If you mod the game and give yourself a weapon that does AOE, the AOE does not check friendly parties and so damages them. You can give yourself a bow with arrows that deal AOE pierce damage, make the bow and arrow civilian, and go to town killing anyone and everyone in a city. Nothing happens...
  16. MightyMidgit

Devs feedback

Just a bi-weekly or monthly blurb about what they are currently working and the direction they are headed should be enough to appease people's curiosity. The devs have already been more vocal in the forums than many other companies I know.
  17. MightyMidgit

Do you believe the game will be finished in 10 months?

My guess is 2 years of EA. Even Warband was in beta release for about year way back when, before EA wasn't even a thing. This project is much bigger, so I expect it to take longer. Frankly, I don't really care how long it takes so long as the game is great when finished.
  18. MightyMidgit

i'm unable to marry! any solution?

General rule: marry fast, as soon as you have a few thousand to pay off the clan leader, that way you have a useful companion, an army, and good gear.
  19. MightyMidgit

Is Crush Through Block still a thing?

The only time I had it happed for me was when some soldier tried to block my couch lance with their sword. I got the crush through block message in the chat box.