Search results

1. HokieBT

HELP!! I need your votes with an online poll that ends tonight!

I haven't been here in a while, but figured I could count on the TW community.  :) My co-workers son Sean is trying to win the NESN Broadcaster for a day contest. He was winning up until an hour or two ago but is now in 2nd place and the contest ends tonight!!! If people could please vote for...
  2. HokieBT

request for a module system documentation board

I know me and others have requested this in the past, but this is another request for a module system documentation board where we can post in.  There are A LOT of tutorials, scripts, and other helpful posts that have been created over the past few years that get completely lost in this general...
  3. HokieBT

problem running a warband dedicated server

I'm having issues running the warband dedicated server....  I use the included batch file to start the dedicated server and it seems to start fine.  It doesn't have a -m <module> option but I assume it loads the Native module by default.  However, when I then start warband on that same...
  4. HokieBT

[SUGGESTION] - improve toggle weapon mode and itp_next_item_as_melee flag

The toggle weapon mode functionality and the itp_next_item_as_melee flag is a very good concept, but currently it seems to be VERY limited with the way it is designed.  I was really looking forward to testing this in Warband since I had created something similar (but it had several...
  5. HokieBT

warband module system changes

I know a few of you guys have the warband ms, so I want to find out if some of my biggest complaints have been fixed.  In order of my priority.... 1) can you have more than 16 races in module_skins.py ? 2) do triggers work on melee weapons ? 3) ability to modify core BRF files and files in the...
  6. HokieBT

general question about specular and bump mapping for models

We want to add specular and bump mapping to a lot of our models in Star Wars Conquest.  I understand how to create them, but I'm wondering if they have to be the same texture size and also saved with mipmaps?    For example, something like the "arabian_armor_a" from Warband has a 1024x1024...
  7. HokieBT

B Tutorial Presentation Make the screen bloody when injured...

ok, I want to add an option so the player can choose to make the screen bloody when injured.  Example below:   When I've done presentation overlay's before I've just displayed it once, but this one would need to dynamically change.  Its working decent, but the screen seems to be flickering...
  8. HokieBT

Troop Editor now allows changing face codes & skins in M&B 1.x

I wanted to post in this thread as well because many people have asked for the ability to change face codes in M&B 1.x with the Troop Editor.  I just released version 1.6 which allows changing these and the skin (ie. gender/races) on troops.  Thanks very much to Palestine & SPD_Phoenix for...
  9. HokieBT

Anybody willing to help create or share new animations for the Star Wars mod ?

I don't know how to create animations, or have free time to learn, so I'm asking for help with anything like the following: 1) left-handed swing animation I integrated the shield bash kit into the Star Wars mod a while back, and have made several 'lightsaber shields' which you can shield bash...
  10. HokieBT

some general questions about other game engines...

M&B is the first and only game I have ever attempted to mod and I've found it fun and quite addictive.  However, as I run into limitations I get frustrated and am wondering how it compares to other game engines?  I realize TW doesn't have the resources of the major companies, but in general how...
  11. HokieBT

trouble playing a sound when releasing an attack... (basically solved)

we've had several similar topics about this, but I wanted to start a new one since I'm specifically interesting in playing a unique sound when you release the attack key.  However, I will link some old posts below for reference: Jinnai helped with how to play a specific weapon noise when the...
  12. HokieBT

dynamically switching weapon capabilities while in battle (basically working)

I want to be able to have the ability to toggle a weapons capabilities during battle.  So I could switch a throwing axe or javelin into a regular axe or spear by pressing a button.  I did some testing with this in my star wars mod with the following code: module_mission_templates.py Note:  I...
  13. HokieBT

discussion about presentations, sniper zoom, helmet cam, etc...

ok, we managed to get a zoom key working, see this post for more info http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,68192.msg1815186.html#msg1815186 Now, I want to put a picture overlay on the screen.  For example a sniper scope or narrow your field of view like you are looking through...
  14. HokieBT

python code for Animations Compilation Mod is now available

FYI - The python code for the Animations Compilation Mod is now available.  See these posts for more info: Animations Compilation Mod - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57607.0.html module_animations.py - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57607.msg1787429.html#msg1787429
  15. HokieBT

ixmesh_carry flag doesn't work for some items?

this is really weird....  I've successfully used ixmesh_carry before, for example a lightsaber being off. However, when I try it on something like this blaster (itp_type_crossbow) it doesn't work and just uses the regular mesh.....  I tried starting a new game, I verified I am actually looking...
  16. HokieBT

notes about modifying files in the Data folder

Swyter has created a nice M&B launcher so we can now ship a modified "Data" folder with our mods http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,67313.0.html So, lets start to compare notes about what changes we could now make...  I'm doing some random searches and this is the info I've found so...
  17. HokieBT

Is there a flag I can check on the mateirals tab to disable the red vertex color

I'm tired of seeing a 'bloody' lightsaber or robot in my mod, is there a flag I can check on the materials tab to disable the red vertex coloring that happens on models when they are 'bloody'.  I know I can disable blood in the m&b config, but I'd rather do it for specific models instead....
  18. HokieBT

some questions for people who have integrated Kingdom Management from AoM...

ok, I'm trying to integrate 'Kingdom Management' into the star wars mod. I used Highlander's code from Age of Machinery for version 0.960 as a base, and it was easy to integrate. I did have a few random questions if people who have done this (or can read python better than I can) could give some...
  19. HokieBT

making factions always at war...

Ok, I need the Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire always to be at war in my Star Wars mod.... I have attempted to force these factions to always be at war many times in the past without any success, so am looking for other suggestions... previously I had tried this concept... added to...
  20. HokieBT

help with mouse_get_position ...

I'm trying to improve upon the controls in the Space Combat from the Battlestar Galactica mod which I integrated in my mod. currently you use the up/down/left/right arrows on the keyboard to change your flight I'd like to switch this to use a mouse control instead.  The only reference I...