Search results

1. Do you think the world map needs more features - like roads?

That's a good thought. Castles feel more like scenery than something I really care about right now. Your point about checkpoints made me think of the Roman Public Courier System (Cursus publicus), which had many checkpoints and stops scattered around the empire. You could hook quests/events...
  2. option to sack city?

If you have the power to conquer a city - why wouldnt you take it over rather than sacking it and running away? IRL sacking was a viable strategy for some factions in history, as there were constraints on what people could govern, due to distance or trustworthiness of governors etc, sacking...
  3. Patch Notes e1.2.0 & Beta e1.3.0

0.4*250 =100% (or total removal of the trade penalty at the 250th trade skill point) - what happens if you have 251 trade points? No change, or do they start paying you extra? lol Or is 250 now the official max level of skill lines?
  4. Partial Army loading into battle

sounds about right 258 +1002 =1260 1260*0.396=~500 men (the default scaling cap) 258*0.396=102.1 men for your team. 63+34+5 =102 - your troops (scaled down proportionally to fit 500) 500-102=398 - their troops (scaled down proportionally to fit 500)
  5. Field drills and troop inspection

Just make it so that garrison passively gain XP and when you visit the castle to walk around you'll see the men marching around in formation (e.g. blocks of 4x10 men marching up the main road to the castle, standing to attention for a bit, then marching off back down the main road and...
  6. TaleWorlds - Need Ironman mode

fullblown no mercy would be them cutting your head off and looting your equipped items off your corpse lol.
  7. The Problem With Battle AI

IMO 1v1 combat needs to be sorted out before all else. I know the AI can block and parry and shift itself around, as I've seen it happen, though rarely - as there are a whole bunch of other things limiting it/biasing whatever logic it's been given (skills of the AI, unit type, any special code...
  8. Realism and Immersion mod

When I think about this some more, making each city its own kingdom (+disabling faction bonuses - like battanian forest movement speed) and then leaving the game to simulate might be a good way to test for biases in the map to figure out what other factors go in to snowballing - this would be a...
  9. Realism and Immersion mod

"realism" lol Where are all my fat lords with gout (literally the "Ailment of kings"), ale/beer-guts and arthiritic knees/worn out joints from years of fighting?
  10. Armor [high and low tier] is irrelevant - it needs to offer % based dmg mitigation, rather than just subtracting from dmg dealt

That... actually explains a lot and why I couldn't quite get the numbers to match up with the damage log. No wonder they haven't added many 2h mauls into the game yet -- Imagine hitting someone with 80% armor bypass + the extra speed from horseback, with a "tier 5-equivalent" maul. It'd probably...
  11. Buffing Sturgia - introduce deadlier winters with food shortages & starvation risk.

Yeah double is probably excessive, but its always good to use big, round numbers to get the concept across clearly in an example lol. Even a 30-40% increase in food consumption would have a sizable impact on army food consumption.
  12. Armor [high and low tier] is irrelevant - it needs to offer % based dmg mitigation, rather than just subtracting from dmg dealt

I've now been seeing some uncommon high tier armor in 1.2.0. In one of the battanian cities I saw some Noble northern armor (or whatever it's called - its the gold-trimmed stuff battanian lords wear) going for 40k. This is great, but the problem with armor right now is that its basically...
  13. Beta Branch Patch Notes e1.2.0

The AI needs to re-compute paths every so often - or whenever a new path opens up (ladders get deployed or there is a broken gate/broken walls) and is not doing this for whatever reason. The 1.2.0 patchnotes also discussed a specific fix to Battering rams - that your invaders wanted to stand on...
  14. 🔔 Alpha & Beta Branches Feedback

Siege pathing is still abhorrent on 1.2.0 The 1.2.0 patchnotes also discussed a specific fix to Battering rams - that your invaders wanted to stand on the other side of the door so they'd run over the ladders and scale the walls to get to the other side of the door, rather than hacking through...
  15. Beta Branch Patch Notes e1.2.0

I have been wondering about something. If I buy (or convert to) a wood workshop or a blacksmith workshop in a town, will that also have an effect on what items are made available in shops in that town? E.g. Will higher tier (say 5-6) bows/polearms/shields appear more frequently if there is one...
  16. Mercenary suggestions / contractual additions after playing e1.0.8

Some cool ideas, but I really quite like the sound of that last one. The game even seems to have a system that it could be derived from - hideouts. Hideouts seem to spawn on the map at random (IDK if they are pre-placed and just revealed as needed, or if its a true RNG spawn) and are basically...
  17. Is the dev aware of that the skill tree needs to be more interesting in the final release?

I feel like they could slice the last digit off the skill values and it'd be exactly the same i.e. progression from level 1 - 300 adds nothing versus progression from 1 - 30, even if the relative XP steps were adjusted accordingly. (i.e. there is no value gained from that additional...
  18. Currency Difficulty Slider? I'm making way too much money

Main currency payments (sinks) and income sources: Incidental (One-off) payments/sinks Equipping yourself - weapons and armor (and even then, the efficacy of armor is dubious) Equipping companions - which can be ignored if they become caravan leaders Buying Workshops (~13-15k a pop with at...
  19. Can you make caravans worthwhile?

The thing is I'm not sure if my own caravans pay for my own goods from my own workshops? (I assume they do) So, for example, if Velvet is only produced in a single city it's going to be extremely expensive everywhere else just as a function of S/D, so a slight reduction in local price is...
  20. Can you make caravans worthwhile?

There's a console command I found (Dev console mod) I forget it now but it will print a count of the total # of each workshop in the game presently. I think there were like 12 silversmiths by default. I also remember there were only 7 velvet weaveries at-start. So that might be another one to...