Here is a non-comprehensive list of problems that I have encountered while hosting a dedicated custom server for the Oceanic Community:
Feel free to investigate, or fix them if you like. I will be updating this list as I encounter them.
- ForcedMultiplayerAvatars directory configuration problem with full release, solution here.
- Provided sample config files with errors in them, e.g., ds_config_sample_siege_with_bots uses "name" instead of "ServerName" - this will crash the server
- When you start a new_mission within the same new_game, it will not clear some of the original arguments from the first mission (e.g., warmup time changes won’t be overridden from the initial mission).
- Enabling UnlimitedGold True and then UnlimitedGold False during the course of a game will cause strange anomalies to occur when players change teams, locking them to the peasant class. This can be fixed with the player(s) leaving and re-entering the server.
- Changing cultures at the beginning a Captain can cause asset anomalies to occur where the flags of the cultures do not change to the new cultures.
- Whitespace after commands will generally cause the process to crash, and kill the server.
- If playing a battle with player(s) on one team and bots on another, battle will not start and the mission will end.
- Deathmatch (i.e., FFA) does not work, and will kill the process.
- Sometimes the console will randomly crash/error out on startup, but re-running it will not cause the same problem. Still haven’t worked out why this is the case.
- Bots will not capture flags in battles.
- Bots cannot be used for sieges, they will not use siege equipment, capture flags, or use appropriate pathing.
- The mp_duel_001 does not crash with load, but it cannot function as a duel server as duels cannot be accepted by players.
- Loading a high number of rounds for battle (e.g., 100) will cause errors relating to integer assignment and memory overload (possible memory leak).
- The output of the console has issues, class types next to player names don’t refer to the class they are playing as and will change seemingly at random.
- The TW GUI seems to have issues which causes crashing, and I haven’t used it.
- Numerous maps do not work and will kill the process / server.
- Duel can’t be preset with a map (will error out, needs to be added to a queue).
- Changes to map timer during a mission will glitch out the timer for some players.
- DedicatedServerHelper will not update with updates to game versions, the solution is here
- Captain game mode will crash if there's 9 players on one team, original post here.
- Dedicated server will crash if too many agents die within a certain space of time, original post here (incorrectly marked as resolved).
- Unable to kick or ban players without the web GUI, community developed solution here.
- People joining a match with custom map will crash out of the game.
Last updated: 28 October 2022.