Search results for query: *

1. Ellis1

In Progress Scene Editor Custom campaign map icons crash while loading after added banner_pos to them

I have a weird problem here, I have a big custom campaign map with many custom settlement prefabs without banner_pos including. So recently I upgrade my mod to v1.0.0 and start add them banner_pos one by one. It has no issue at the start, but after I added several banner_pos to some prefab it...
  2. Ellis1

Suggestion General Add command to hide horse tail (xml files)

I hope there'll be a opinion since the horse tail is something similar to the mane. Some horse armor might cover the tail. Pls consider this, I appreciate it.
  3. Ellis1

SP Medieval In the Name of Jerusalem II (Devblog 2020/11/3)

Your warband mod was my favorite crusader mod out there, but there are some things I didn't like which i hope you include in the mod for bannerlord:

1: New Factions like the County of Tripoli with its own unique rooster. if you wish to leave it in the Kingdom of Jerusalem at least improve the rooster like you did with Ibelin.
    2:Make it clearer what Cyprus was cause currently it was most unclear.
    3: In the warband version you boasted on some new system of Duchies or whatever existing within major factions where the dukes commanded their own vassals, a system which I never got to experience because I never reached day 500 in the game yet, especially with Jerusalem getting eaten up by day 100. Perhaps this time design the entire mod around this system. Make new leaders of mini factions of the Kingdoms, like balian or Raymond, Templars or Hospitallers, and give them their own vassals from the START of the game, and with some proper and USEFUL rooster trees, maybe as useful as Armenia's
    4. If you turn characters into mini leaders within major factions, add new characters for them to rule over.
    5: Do not make the muslims especially the Ayyubids a juggernaut. There is a fine line between historical accuracy and stealing away the time of a real life person who simply wants to play but cant cause he is destined to suffer the consequences of historical events.
    6: Fix naval battles, if there are going to be any since bannerlord doesn't have them yet.
    7: Make it clearer to the player EXACTLY how and where to find the troops he wishes to recruit within the system you wish to subject him to based on the feudal system of the time.
    8: Revise the troop trees of all factions, and how they compare with each other such as almost all the Jerusalem troops being upgraded and the Byzantine troops not being able to get upgraded at all. Do not have ghost troops, like the Spathariai is still a mystery for me to this day on where you can recruit them.
    9: Be fair on troop balancing, you can't have the Jerusalem troops on average being weaker against Muslims as if their armor is made out of paper. Because of this, if a muslim lord of 120 men clashes with a crusader lord of 120 men, 90% of the times the christians always lose cause their troops die like flies. Visually the crusaders knight's armor looks formidable and yet the armenians have meare chainmail on all their troops and they have one of the most OP troop roosters currently, and their troops always win on a 1 vs 1.
    10: Make other factions troops trees as useful as Armenia's, or please do something about f**** Armenia. Armenia gets everything they spam heavy cavalry like turks, horse archers like Egyptians. They have OP heavy infantry with better shields than any European and the most Op skirmishers and the only ones who get 2 handed axes as their main weapon. They even get the coolest shield designs.
    11: Did I mention balance out Armenia?
    12: Give the player the ability to found his own faction. It's his time that he's spending on your mod, he might want to have the chance to recreate the County of Edessa, with its own troop tree, or maybe have the chance to become faction leader to perhaps help out the horrible AI. It's a vanilla feature, removing it is actually more work for you.
    13: Do something about repetitive siege scenes, introduce the actual places that existed at the time, to make the game interesting. Players dont play this game to ride around an empty map, they want to say "This is my castle". Most of the castles that existed weren't that large back then anyways.
    14: Fix the instructions within the game concepts of the game about your mod.
    15: Please correct any english text that exists in your mod, especially about crucial things like instructions. If you only speak Chinese then ask for someone's help.
    16: If you wish to have a system about the breaking of weapons and armor, also make a clear system on where the player can go and fix them.
    17: Expand your mod options, the player might want to disable Horse slowdown, the breaking of weapons or shield bashing. Currently you have an option which only disables the shield bashing done by the players but the AI continues to bash you regardless.
    18: Do something about the bots who spam kick every 2 seconds at the player, which after a while it begins to get frustrating. Every time i enter the tavern with a hashashin even if I have the best armor and weapons in game he kills me every time by spam kicking me. If I try to spam kick him or any bot in battle as well it doesn't work as well as them doing it. How is this fair?
    19: If you allow the player to start as a lord or king, do not make him start from level 1. There are some mods which have accomplished this.
    20: Starting as a lord at the start of the game gets you bankrupt as it takes a while for income to kick in and takes great skill to get out of it. Perhaps do something about it. And perhaps calculate how many troops a player lord should be given at the start of a game based on his income.
    21: Since this is bannerlord, perhaps it's time to focus more on the orders and perhaps add some new ones or improve the roosters of current ones. There is Lazarus, Sepelcure, StJacques de l'Epee and Teutons. And make it clearer to players on how to join them.You could even add special troops on certain locations for them to be recruited, such as royal Jerusalem guards or Eddessan or Antioch guards.
    22: Make a clear system for the player on how he can recruit special troops based on region, like Ibelin or Tripoli troops.
    23: Fix up the NPC companions, give them a background or make it clear what their talents are. Adding more NPC's wouldn't hurt.
    24: Make it clearer on how the Byzantine Emperor Andronicos can get overthrown and be replaced by Komnenos cause currently I don't understand sh**.
    25: Make sure you figure out the exact siege weapon system you wish to have, with no bugs and make their necessities clear. tell the player on where to find engineers if you make it a requirement and give the player the opportunity to recruit them more often.
    26: Revise the balancing of sides in siege battles. Certain castles can be way too OP for the defender or attacking side especially concerning artillery, making the player lose battles even if he has managed to gather up all the lords of his realm. Artillery used by the AI can be as accurate as cannons in Napoleonic Wars.
    27: Make sure the Strategy AI is balanced. You can't have the Ayubbids gather 20 lords effectively and take cities every 10 days and having the kingdom of Jerusalem chasing their tails like dogs, spending 100 days without atleast taking any castle or successfully repulsing a single attack. Currently the AI between the Byzantine Empire and Turks is very well balanced.
    28: You need to do something about everyone ganging up on Antioch from the start of the game. Why are they even at war with Armenia from the start of the game. Aren't they supposed to be allies?
    29: Revise whether the price of items is fair. So far it's good but I can handle it because i'm old player. Maybe some things are excruciatingly expensive. Its ok for a good armor to be 10 or 20k or even 50k, but 120 and 200k?? Make it clearer to the player on whether horses in your inventory help in travel speed, because so far it's a mystery. If that is so, make horses cheaper, especially since they die so easy in battle with the current system.
    30: Also, control yourself when designing custom skins for troops like the Hospitaller order is one example. Maybe red is your favorite color but maybe use more black than red. This is the Levant not Rhodes. Keep designs and crosses simple. Back then they weren't into exaggerated designs and like the templars they mostly had straight, thin red line crosses on their shields. Currently you giving too much red on Hospitallers and too much black on templars.
    31: I might be wrong but so far I see grandmasters of orders not holding any special powers or privileges compared to other members. it's time you made them more special.
    32: Finally, Do not focus too much on spending hours developing some freelance system when the base game is left broken. Extra flavor features are just a special extra icing , but it's useless without the cake.

If you implement these changes i would be extremely grateful.
    Thanks for the long advices! Trust me, we will do it better this time!
  4. Ellis1

SP Medieval In the name of Jerusalem V1.4995 (Update 2020/2/21)

GreenLight7 said:
    Ellis1 said:
    GreenLight7 said:
    Ellis1 said:
    GreenLight7 said:
    Will there be Apostolic faith,faith of Armenian Apostolic Church?Also you can make like this,Azat cavalry-light cavalry,Aspet cavalry-Heavy cavalry,but horse not armoured,and Nakharar Cavalry-same as now Aspet,you can add Vishap,javelin,infantry and Sahmanapah armoured spearmen,Also one suggestion,maybe you add direction to blocks without shield?For better hardcore game.
    Also if you do not know some armenian names i can help.
    Yes we are planning of this.Could you write some born story for us? As born select texts. It could be really helpful if you are willing to write :grin:
    Sorry for,eee,being late,i assume i can help time by time,what born story?
    Just some character with amedieval Armenian story. Like a noble who's father served in Bagratid Armenia. :grin:
    Writings about usual people not preserved,even religious books destroyed by nomads,hordes,in Russian empire was prohibited armenian literature,and in Ussr in 1965 A.D. were uncovered hideout of 20 000 religious literature,saved from nomads,hordes,and communists burned it.
    I can say something about that times,9-11 centuries were expulsion of sectants,tondrakians and pavlikians from Armenia,Our priests,with hot iron,printed on their forehead-sectant- and expel them,in europe catholics sin,kill,here that.Thousands expelled to west,near Melitine,some romanised,became Eastern Romans,some later repent and turn back.Even 100 years past who commit adultery,theft,expelled from villages,towns,So in parts where european influence were less,must not be brothel.And even when many of nobility renounce faith(13-14 centuries) and accepted catholicism,lower class people usually follow Apostolic Church.
    Some  story.... eeh.
    If you say some details, what story i can help.What story you want?Knight,peasant,in run or?
    Story of Vengeance i think is actual in that time.
    We were naive nation in that times,because of soul cleanness,Attend Church in that times,and keep fast.Our soldiers usually won battles with small forces against big,usually in all history.I happen a european talking abot medieval,who said phrase-5 turks needed to match one greek(with cleverness),5 greeks needed to match one jew,and 5 jews needed to match one armenian.-,I not listened such phrases from other armenians,but if european says,i think so,because have many things to shake heads,from history.About trade,we had good traders everytime,and in that times honourable traders.I remember explaining of number zero by medieval armenian,in Venice.(sorry for bad english)-Zero is that number,what by itself worth nothing,but when added to number from right,increase it ten times.-,eeh in english not so good.Also mat(t as in puerto) in armenian means finger and mat e mat-finger to finger,so matematica means finger to finger,maybe in early times counted with fingers.
    You can put one armenian trader,son of Noble,who's father wanted for him Soldier work,and he said that can not,he love science,and his father hows in english,remove him from house,saying-Go,and never come upon my eyes until (eeh)you come to me with honour and sword(Patwow yew srov in armenian).
    Wow that is what I want. Just make some more we could use it as a character backgrounds.
  5. Ellis1

GreenLight7 said:
    Ellis1 said:
    GreenLight7 said:
    Will there be Apostolic faith,faith of Armenian Apostolic Church?Also you can make like this,Azat cavalry-light cavalry,Aspet cavalry-Heavy cavalry,but horse not armoured,and Nakharar Cavalry-same as now Aspet,you can add Vishap,javelin,infantry and Sahmanapah armoured spearmen,Also one suggestion,maybe you add direction to blocks without shield?For better hardcore game.
    Yes we are planning of this.Could you write some born story for us? As born select texts. It could be really helpful if you are willing to write :grin:
    Sorry for,eee,being late,i assume i can help time by time,what born story?
    Just some character with amedieval Armenian story. Like a noble who's father served in Bagratid Armenia. :grin:
  6. Ellis1

GreenLight7 said:
  7. Ellis1

Ettenrocal said:
    In 1.1 the sieges seems to be more intensive for CPU, maybe due to more archers ? I had a siege at normal battle size with many archers and siege tower an i crashed very fast. Also i've forgot to set max_framerate = 120, this help quite much performance so i will retry now with this new setting.
    How? Try to keep siege battlesize lower than 250.
  8. Ellis1

OldGreyBeard said:
    Downloaded the patch. :mrgreen: Thanks.

Just a stupid questions: any chance of female player character?
    After all ... Eleanor of Aquitaine co-lead a crusade. :wink:

It's perfectly understandable if you don't add that. Just wondering.
    I want it too. But the new religion system changes too many things. It caused a lot of unknown bugs. I think me and other devs should be more focus on the current Version now.
  9. Ellis1

GreenLight7 said:
    E,developers,there are mod Broken Crescent for medieval II total war that have look of armies,and also Pro Deo Et Rege,do not look on strengthh in Broken Crescent,it is very wrong,half slave,draw to battle turkish spearman,with clothes have higher defence,morale and attack than fully armoured trained elite.But from Pro Deo Et Rege you can look on balance,not accurate but can help.In that mods Look of warriors are great.Also i do not remember are there church or no?in town scenes.
    You should start a campaign and do a real fight with Aspets.They are real tanks in this module.With hardest armor and Strongest horses.
  10. Ellis1

Ettenrocal said:
    Yes indeed, i agree, but base 3D model is good with another stone/roof textures. And a little rework to make it look more medieval.
    We have a try.Two type of textures.
  11. Ellis1

GreenLight7 said:
    I downloaded mod,and i see Cilicia have Nord archers,in 1.173,is it bug or on this version?Also not Ashrakhazor,correct name Ashkharazor,meaning force from whole country world,from whole country,milita,and about balance,Bardzravandaks,that with axes and low armoured,slaughter light cavalry,but when horse killed enemy soldiers slaughter them,I tried Aspet cavalry against european knights and Aspets slaughter,i tried Aspets against edessa knights,not armoured horse,and Aspets slaughtered,Also tabardariyya can slaughter light cavalry,but they are not pikeman,they must not kill cavalry that easy,javelin range is low,must be higher,I have flag bug that all talk.
    Aspets are the most powerful cav you could hire in this mod.Stronger than other fendual nobles.
  12. Ellis1

Nord archer might be some buggy translate problem. I should have a look and fix the texts.
  13. Ellis1

Ellis1 said:
    Marcelx2x said:
    So i have this bug that prevents me from sacking and razing villages and looting them, whenever i beat the peasant's down any any enemy/friendly village when i choose to raze it there is no timer or no waiting on the map, it just takes me to the world map and nothing happens, and when i click it again i lose reputation and that's it.
    It is not a bug.Press SPACE and continue your loot.
    Wow! Thank you my friend, this might be really helpful!
  14. Ellis1

Marcelx2x said:
    So i have this bug that prevents me from sacking and razing villages and looting them, whenever i beat the peasant's down any any enemy/friendly village when i choose to raze it there is no timer or no waiting on the map, it just takes me to the world map and nothing happens, and when i click it again i lose reputation and that's it.
    It is not a bug.Press SPACE and continue your loot.
  15. Ellis1

Ettenrocal said:
    Ellis1 said:
    WOW man that's really amazing.........I try to collect all the arms of crusader noble family and I failed.Do you have more infos?

:mrgreen:  Don't be so hard with you, you did an overall very good job ! It is really hard to find the real coat of arms, almost an historian ressearcher work, this one was quite easy to find. And not all things are on internet :dead:

I have many other infos: Antioch lord names and castles they hold, Templars and Hospitallers real names (most of yours are correct), coat of arms is the harder part. It is begining of heraldry and very hard to find good info. I will give you the infos soon ! It is WIP for the moment (i don't want to give info one by one). I will propose you some editing of lord names to make (spelling errors and period errors).

Plivano de Botrun (real name: "de Boutron" like named at time of crusades) Is a rich merchant from Pisa who marry with the heiress of Boutron lordship "Cécile Dorel" so we can imagine he takes arms of Pisa as a coat of arms http://wappenwiki.org/index.php?title=File:razz:isa.svg.

Humphrey lord of Toron real name: Onfroy de Toron is said to be linked to hauteville italo-norman family http://wappenwiki.org/index.php?title=File:Hauteville.svg
    I think I should find a time to rework those banners and arms. I have too many scene work only finished half in my hand and a busy real life work. That is sucks. The massive port of Acre stucks in my computer for 3 months......
  16. Ellis1

GreenLight7 said:
    Ellis1 said:
    Great! That's really helpful. I am thinking about make Armenians stronger, that's why I put more elite archers into the lord's party.
    Also latin mercenaries with crossbows,genoenese and venetians,i've seen in total war mods Vishap(dragon) infantry,and javelinmen,and you can make Cilician castles more stronger than others,because franks take with them Armenian castle building system to urope ,means that our castles was better.
    I am working on Anamur and Mut castle these days. It's hard to build a castle in a high mountains but I will try my best to make those castles more like in real life. Don't worry we would redesign some Cilicia troops and lords. They are too weak in current gameplays and I don't like that.
  17. Ellis1

WOW man that's really amazing.........I try to collect all the arms of crusader noble family and I failed.Do you have more infos?
  18. Ellis1

Great! That's really helpful. I am thinking about make Armenians stronger, that's why I put more elite archers into the lord's party.
  19. Ellis1

I found that issac of cyprus had been taken as prisoner by cilicia armenians for a few years. And allies with Saladin and Rums.He is a friend of muslims.
Back
Top Bottom