Search results for query: *

1. atolest

Psychedelic Rock

what a great thread!
    I'm also abig fan of the phsyco vibe,my contribution will be this new band called Temples,the do a pretty good 60s thing!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCxao4jFLHI
    also,Eктωρ,Mutantes rules! I'm from brazil too
  2. atolest

Post your Pictures

great pictures guys,really nice places
    here is something from me
    ripte22_zpsbda9cc65.jpg
    tumblr_mn0ywv3FBX1s72fq4o1_1280_zpsad08ea71.jpg
    ripte7_zpsb1b86134.jpg
  3. atolest

Official 3D art thread - Warband

super,Bava!!
  4. atolest

Tree[d]

hey,
    anyone is getting an erron when trying to go to the program's page?I can't download this generator anywhere,and I really need it.
  5. atolest

Bava said:
    atolest said:
    hey guys this is what I've been working on on past 3 weeks:
    Render_WIP_3.jpg

OpenBRF_Pre-view.png
    it's really wip and it's about 20k polys.I can't whait to start texturing and baking it.

and here are 2 other ships that  I did for a warband project witch will probably never go somewere:
    render10.jpg

Woah, very,very good, atolest! Mr. af Chapman would be proud (it is one of his merchant ships, right?). But I see a lot of unnecessary faces, especially midships and below the whales. If you want, send me a pm with a sideview wireframe and I can give you a more detailed comment :smile:
    Thanks Bava.
    Actually it's a 50-gun ship,more precisally the HMS Leopard.You probably thought it was a merchant ship because de lack of cannon holes,the rest of the cannon holes I didn't model because they will be closed,so I will just put it on the texture :smile:
    And yes,in the hull there's a lot of unnecessary faces,as I followed the plan.I am probably thinking on making a lower poly model for the hull and use the actual one for putting details and bake(the same for the cabin with is currently kind of high poly)
  6. atolest

xenoargh said:
    A 20K model for something like that is very reasonable, basically, if anything, he might want to spend more on areas like the deck so that he can use vertex AO, because it'd really help performance if as much as possible can be tiled or use mirroring.
    Yes,that something I am yet deciding; if I uv the deck into one texture sheet or I just throw a tilled texture on it.
    making it in fit in one texture will be good for adding details such as computed/fake AO and dirt.but putting a tilled textures will let me get higher resolutions in a cheaper way,right?

OrangeKnight said:
    Okay If you dont make alpha's at least bake some of that stuff. Some of that stuff does not need to be moddeled out, it can easily be in a normal map.
    A lot of other stuff will be on the normal,but all the things I modeled are necessary for a good looking(the ship is very big)
    And I am not wasting polyigon by any way,just trying to put more detail where its needed.
  7. atolest

OrangeKnight said:
    atolest said:
    Render_WIP_3.jpg

OpenBRF_Pre-view.png
    it's really wip and it's about 20k polys.I can't whait to start texturing and baking it.

and here are 2 other ships that  I did for a warband project witch will probably never go somewere:
    render10.jpg
    Seems like you moddeled to much of it, You could probably bring it down to 20k with good alphas.
    you are probably talking about those ropes that goes to the mast,well Im not planning to bake it into alpha maps because I'm planning to make that ship a boarding battle,and I want it to be quite detailed.
    I will keep doing that ship with no really worry with polygons(or at least detail),because I am also planning implementing it in unreal engine or cryengine as other of my personal project
  8. atolest

Render_WIP_3.jpg

OpenBRF_Pre-view.png

render10.jpg
  9. atolest

Bava said:
    Sword.jpg

Concept for a sword for my brytenwalda char (yes, I know, its not 7th century :razz:). The blade is textured (1024*1024, with lots of space left), the rest is a material test. Tris count is ~ 500, the details on the handle are going to be sculpted - the fun part of modelling :grin:
    Bava!
    Very impressive sword.It's nice to see you again,any new ship??
  10. atolest

sorry guys,it's not Pirates & Fishmod.It is for my own multiplayer naval mod that I've been developing on past months,you will see a thread soon :smile:

Oh,and the polycount is arround 20k...pretty much I know...
  11. atolest

mb4-17.jpg

mb5-10.jpg
    Yes,it is for a mod :smile:
  12. atolest

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Sorry if this have been asked before,but someone care to explain me how the ''hitbox'' works on warband and if it can be editable?
    Also,it's works the same for horses?

thanks anyway.
  13. atolest

Bayard-X said:
    *Dramatic Music*
    *Waves washing sounds*

"Ship ahoy!"

I needed some creative break from doing Renaissance things, so I ventured a little at sea. This model is somehow inspired by mid 17th century French and Dutch ships. I used the following to get informed:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/La_Couronne.jpg
    http://history.mediaquell.com/files/2009/11/800px-batavia_02-300x225.jpg
    http://www.ekkehard-ekki-eumann.de/batavia.jpg
    http://www.cocatrez.net/Water/RC_SquareRiggers/GondesenZevenProvincien.jpg

But that's also for it - and since this modell is rather messy at about 9000 polies, I stop working on it. Who ever feels entitled to attempt on some nice texture is free to ask for the file. I return to do Renaissance stuff.

hooo nice!
  14. atolest

Blobmania said:
    Not posted here in a while. Here's a half-done 12-pounder 24-pounder naval cannon i'm working on. Still a bit of modelling required on the carriage, and obviously the texture is less than half done:

cannon1.png
    wow man that's great,you are inproving very well!my only sugestion is to watch the polycount
    oh,and sorry I didn't answer your pms :oops:
  15. atolest

Docm30 said:
    The texture on this still needs a fair amount of work; as does the rigging.

Here it is ingame, anyhow.
    britmaningame.jpg
    that's great
  16. atolest

Swyter said:
    Blobmania said:
    Aye, i've seen your add-ons. Nice work on them :wink:

Looks like the Uv map is ****ed in the bottom left, though?
    Ginthus said:
    Jupp, theres something odd with the texture on its legs

No that's the occlusion map, I can't get xNormal to work well with baked lighting. So here you have the weird rendering artifacts.
    Maybe someone knows the solution. I think is all about model scaling for the raytracing. I'll do further testing.

Is the 1st time it fails me. But It'll do the trick by now.  :smile:

EDIT: Managed to get it working. I was right, it needs to have a certain size to be conveniently raytraced. Now, I'm going to start with the real texture.
    yRouC.png

Differences in the Occlusion map, so you can see them better.  Before/After.
    chcr7.jpg
    yeah,it's better,but still have some bad aclusion map there.Xnormal does not do that good job on rendering aclusion maps for that purpuse.Xnormal works better backing high poly parts of an object to a low poly one in oclusion,normal,displacement,etc
    I had the same ploblem,so I decided to start using 3ds max backing tools.It's just a really diference in quality
  17. atolest

I've not been on computer at all on the last months,but here is what I made yesterday,nothing impressive,just trying to use ship plans and improve my ship hull building skill along with modeling without using unusuable polys
    shipwip1.jpg
Back
Top Bottom