Search results for query: *

1. AlbertFaubrein

Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

-Removes the engine limit of 16 skins.
    [...]
    A dream comes true.

But if I understand, everytime I spawn a troop, the troop flag itself is not sufficient if it's > 16, I must call troop_set_type ?
    By the way, we can have up to 256 skins now ?
  2. AlbertFaubrein

How can I improve the performance of the mod?
    Enable edit mode, run mod and check rgl_log.txt. You need to fix PERFORMANCE WARNING. Meshes with rigging requires material with skinning shader. Meshes without rigging requires material without skinning shader. This will increase performance for both WSE2 and Warband since the CPU is the bottleneck.
    Dumb question, if I do this, do the performances will be the same as the previous WSE2 version ?
  3. AlbertFaubrein

I would port the mod to WSE2 for you, but unfortunately I am short of time.
    I've already did it.

If one wants to convert the Anglo Zulu War Reloaded module, it must be one that's capable of doing so, even if we're talking about five files only.
    Sorry I should have uploaded the files earlier...

Please wait with porting, a new version of the engine with resource compatibility is in testing.
    Hope the performances will not be impacted too much.
  4. AlbertFaubrein

Since, unfortunately, I haven't understood the instructions, I cannot proceed with the conversion explained in the third part of K700's tutorial
    I will try to explain it to you and for everyone who is interested.

Open the brf file"s" you want to port the shaders from (in this case terrain_borders.brf).

This is my problem :
    If the shaders in the module are stored in one brf file mixed with other resources - we can add this shaders to the WSE2 core_shaders.brf and put this core_shaders.brf in module resource folder. Then remove the shaders from the original files.

My module is based on Napoleonic War and mm_shaders.brf acts like core_shaders.brf
    I copied the resource_shaders that K700 create for NW and start from here.

Next read the guide to understand and "copy" the shaders' attributes (technique, flags...) into your resource_shaders file.

This is a snippet of my file
    Python:
        ("standart_shader_skin_nobump_nospec_noterraincolor", "standart_skin_nobump_nospec_noterraincolor", "standart_noskin_nobump_nospec_noterraincolor", shf_uses_skinning|shf_uses_diffuse_map, 0, [
            "specular_shader_skin",
        ]),
        #AZW Reloaded
        ("over_border_shader_failed", "skybox", "", shf_static_lighting|shf_preshaded|shf_uses_diffuse_map, 0, [
            "diffuse_no_shadow"
        ]),
        ("under_border_shader", "skybox", "", shf_static_lighting|shf_uses_diffuse_map, 0, []),
        ("over_border_shader", "diffuse_no_shadow", "", shf_static_lighting|shf_uses_diffuse_map, 0, []),
    ]

Compile your shaders and rename the brf if you need to (mm_shaders in my case).

Hope that help.
  5. AlbertFaubrein

it doesn't render properly the border terrains of the maps because it has six custom shaders for these assets
    What do you mean by this ? White textures ?
  6. AlbertFaubrein

@K700 Performances matter the most, I agree with @Veledentella people should learn how to mod.
    Your instructions are clear and easy to follow if you take a bit of time to understand.

WSE2 optimisations are amazing, for example with Vanilla Warband when there are a lot of agents in the field, I see some of them flying but with WSE2 nothing. Also, the game runs smoother.

Thank you for WSE and WSE2 keep it up.
  7. AlbertFaubrein

WSE not working

It's where it says shader format.
  8. AlbertFaubrein

WSE not working

K700 the wse and wse 2 dev just post the porting guide today, follow his instructions.
    As far I as know, TLD uses custom shaders so you must recompile them.
  9. AlbertFaubrein

WSE not working

Yes almost but it's not compatible with all mods, you should recompile some shaders if the mod uses custom ones.
    WSE 2
  10. AlbertFaubrein

WSE not working

Use WSE2 or try this https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/wb-warband-script-enhancer-v4-8-4-for-1-174.324890/post-9774802
  11. AlbertFaubrein

Ok, thank you for the clarification.
  12. AlbertFaubrein

The number of skins is limited by troop_type_mask = 0x0000000f
    But this can be bypassed by using a separate variable to store the skin and operation troop_set_type instead of specifying flag in troop.
    So this mean, by simply setting troop_type_mask = 0x000000ff I can have up to 256 skins ?
    I'm sorry for not understanding I'm a bit confused...

In my opinion, it is actually the simplest, the most user-friendly/ basic level editor I have stumbled upon. I have created many levels with Hammer, Unreal Engine editors...
    It's just a question of opinion, Hammer Editor is my favorite one, I agree it's not user-friendly but you get used too quickly and the editor is very complete.
  13. AlbertFaubrein

The warband scene editor is the most frustrating level editor I've ever see, the lack of a undo button, not be able to rotate a scene prop with precise values makes it a nightmare for me.

Also not a request but an idea, increase the game skins' limit to 1 byte would be amazing.

I might become a Patreon because Warband is my favorite game and your project is magic.
  14. AlbertFaubrein

-Added bMainMenuScene config option.
    -Added wse_initial_window_start mapped script.
    Amazing.
  15. AlbertFaubrein

Presentation's slider not working

I've found the problem, in fact you should avoid to use negative positions with containers.
    I've changed (assign, ":cur_y", 0), with (assign, ":cur_y", 1500), because in my loop everytime 3 cases are created, :cur_y is subdivide by 55 so it's a negative value.
    Now everything is working correctly.

Hope it can help.
  16. AlbertFaubrein

Presentation's slider not working

Hello, I have a problem with my presentation, I create a range of image_buttons but only 3 of them are working and like the title say my presentation's slide is not working. Thanks for your help.
  17. AlbertFaubrein

[WB] Warband Script Enhancer v4.9.5 for 1.174

You should try agent_set_hit_points instead of troop_set_health.
    Code:
    ("mgw_test", [ #used to dev
        (try_for_agents, ":agent"),
            (agent_is_non_player, ":agent"),
            (agent_is_alive, ":agent"),
            (agent_set_hit_points, ":agent", 0),
        (try_end),
    ]),
    Code:
    agent_set_hit_points                   = 1721    # set absolute to 1 if value is absolute, otherwise value will be treated as relative number in range [0..100]
                            # (agent_set_hit_points,<agent_id>,<value>,[absolute]),

(remove_agent, ":agent"); should work aswell.

Does the agent spawning work in meanwhile? Or do they still not spawn?
    I've used agent_deliver_damage_to_agent and it's work, thank you @Gotha.
    Sorry K700 I've been dumb...

But if you want and have time the "scaled missile bug" worth to be fixed.
  18. AlbertFaubrein

I've modified my script but it stills not working...
    Python:
    (ti_after_mission_start, 0, 0, [], [
        (assign, "$spawn", 1),
    ]),

(0, 0, 0, [], [
        (multiplayer_is_server),
        (eq, "$spawn", 1),
        (try_begin),
            (assign, "$spawn", 0),
            (store_current_scene, ":scene_no"),
            (modify_visitors_at_site, ":scene_no"),
            (add_visitors_to_current_scene, 0, "trp_kingdom_1_lady_1", 10, 0, 0),
        (try_end),
    ]),

(ti_inventory_key_pressed, 0, 0, [], [
        (multiplayer_is_server),
        (display_message, "@Ok"),
        (call_script, "script_mgw_test"),
    ]),

Now it's suppose to kill all non player agents but it's not working.
    Python:
        (try_for_agents, ":agent"),
            (agent_is_non_player, ":agent"),
            (agent_is_alive, ":agent"),
            (agent_get_troop_id, ":trp", ":agent"),
            (troop_set_health, ":trp", 0),
        (try_end),
    ]),
    I've test it without WSE and it's not working, what it does, it displays Ok when I press the inventory button.

Maybe I'm using this operation the wrong way or maybe it's an engine bug.
  19. AlbertFaubrein

Python:
        (entry_point_get_position, pos1, 0),
        (store_current_scene, ":scene_no"),
        (modify_visitors_at_site, ":scene_no"),
        (add_visitors_to_current_scene, 0, "trp_kingdom_1_lady_1", 10, 0, 0),
        (try_for_agents, ":agent", pos1, 5000),
             (agent_get_troop_id, reg0, ":agent"),
             (display_message, reg0),
             (display_message, "@Ok."),
        (try_end),
    ]),
    Nothing happens, I've tried to not using the position argument in try_for_agents but it's not working.
    I will test it in vanilla warband.
    If you need my entire source code for quick testing I can send it to you.
  20. AlbertFaubrein

In multiplayer this operation seems to not work at-all, I've made a script for printing the names of all agents' troop but nothing happens. Someone mentions this issue in the wse2 thread also.
Back
Top Bottom