Search results for query: *

1. Gothic Knight

SP Dark Ages [WB] Attila The Hun

If you can gather up some more people I might be interested. Here's what I was working on that was Late Roman related.
    0OZSQ15.jpg

iqe8VLx.png
  2. Gothic Knight

OSP Dark Ages 3D Art Dark Age Pack- .160 Release Done

kaiser said:
    [Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
    kaiser said:
    I am attempting to use the darkAgeAxes1 textures in this OSP. I've placed the brf and textures in their respective folders. However, with itemkinds1 file to change the mesh, its not working. What is the correct code? I've tried darkAgeAxes1, darkAgeAxes etc and it kept giving me mesh not found in game. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    The mesh-name has to be exactly the same as in the brf, watch out for upper and lower case letters.

How do i check the name within the brf?

Sorry. Start openBRF and open the resource. Here's an example.
    OtMC4hJ.png
  3. Gothic Knight

The download is already available for Open BRF. You can't use this texture from Substance Painter in OpenBRF.
    MWihQ4T.jpg
  4. Gothic Knight

I guess. Are you planning using it in a PBR graphic's engine?
  5. Gothic Knight

[REDACTED] said:
    Really?  :shock:
    That makes you a bloody magician, dude, as your textures are of the most detailed out there(as I think I've said to you many times :razz:).

Not really. I just get color shades wrong sometimes. Working on this(This is a remake of a model). Helmet is still in the queue.
    BUpO739.jpg
  6. Gothic Knight

HolmgårdViking said:
    Damn, that looks sick!

I agree.

Very nice! I like the more 'golden' look of the hilt(not that the more 'bronze' one was bad at all).

Dude I am color blind.
  7. Gothic Knight

Painter Texture of Ring Sword. Open Source since I used a trial version of Zbrush to make the normal map.
    pHKtLQi.jpg
  8. Gothic Knight

Johny_Nawalony said:
    Maybe a Vendel age helmet?
    Vendel_I_helmet.jpg

I'll consider it.
    NA23JY5.jpg

Is the helmet in the middle with the chain aventail alright for a model?
  9. Gothic Knight

You mean this?
    NA23JY5.jpg

I'll consider it.
  10. Gothic Knight

Theo228 said:
    It would be nice to see a byzantine Spangenhelm with lamellar aventail, cheek pieces and a red plum on top
    Sorry i coudn't post the image i'm new to the forum

? Of what century? The 6th?
  11. Gothic Knight

Warband 3d modeling help

RASAS said:
    so after finishing HighElf's videos, I plan to use Blender not Wings 3D, will watching the remainder of the videos, will I know how to operate Blender after knowing how to operate Wings 3D ?

Nope. I suggest looking at some Blender tutorials after doing HighElf's videos. You should just stick to blender though. I use Wings and Blender(For high poly stuff) but  every time I go back to Blender I can not remember the hotkeys anymore. It'll be better just for you to use Blender exclusively.
  12. Gothic Knight

Rome at War: Media

total_war1410295279_080-05.jpg
    T

The weapon that was removed is based on 5.

LHbQBpj.png

13. Gothic Knight

Official 3D art thread - Warband

thanks for answer :smile: I think it's the same as above, "You need to learn how to texture (making diffuse)"?
    I would say yes. Learning how to shade, use gimp/photoshop and generally getting a style when making diffuse(color map) is a good idea. Learn to bake high poly details into low poly details and/or using height maps to map these normal maps helps as well. Mainly I use SP to generate baked normal maps and other maps for Warband textures, then I use them to help make the diffuse. In stuff like Unity or Unreal Engine you can use SP to set up your textures as well as generate maps.

I think you missed the part where he says that what Jabocc said is not good advice.
    I was responding to Jabocc.
  14. Gothic Knight

SexHaver420?? said:
    JACVBHINDS // 寒心420? said:
    You can get away with almost solid colour diffuses for most things in warband. Apart from some very basic ambient occlusion in small cavities, I've never bothered putting too much detail into the diffuse. The normalmap does most of the work.

This is really not good advice.

Not really since I spend half as much time doing my diffuse map as I do making high polys to bake. And it makes a difference, especially on specular maps.
    Ky6mQay.jpg
  15. Gothic Knight

If you plan on making anything in Warband. You need to learn how to texture, wings3d/Blender and possibly SP. I mean you can bake normal maps with it.
  16. Gothic Knight

Ettenrocal said:
    The most in important for Warband is having a good diffuse map then you can do very easily with Gimp normal maps and specular maps.

If you're not generating the normal map from a high poly bake or a heightmap it's not gonna look that good.

The most important thing for Warband is a good normal map.
    And a nice diffuse.
  17. Gothic Knight

OSP 3D Art My 3d model dump.

Pretty nice looking stuff. I hope people get to use it man.
  18. Gothic Knight

Caveman paints: Screenshots / art / Signatures / Fan site (new screens and sig)

Made a Ringsword model for the modders in case there is a deficiency. Dark Ages OSP has been updated with it.
    MWihQ4T.jpg
Back
Top Bottom