I would guess you got no response?Alliance of Destruction vs GrandTurk
We could not agree on the date of the match.
Аccording to the rules:
Firstly, that is not overpowering unless you learn to play all classes. Two, as an archer, aiming from a horse, even with my previous warband experience, is tough here (though it gives me mobility). While being able to pick up other classes' stuff is nifty, you still need to learn it. And it is not easy.How does doing those actions make you feel in game?
>>---?--->Only if there were ways to kill unshielded infantry
I made that post to emphasize on what a ban can entail on private servers. It was a bit out of context to be honest (since the bans were given for cheating and/or excessive/repeated trolling) and I was a bit out of the topic but then again I had no other example. The thing is, in my opinion, politics and games should not be in the same pot. Unfortunately, lately, they are.I'm not sure why you suddenly remind us you did not give 10 years ban but permanent ban at 9 years ago in Warband, but as the status the thread arguing about political bans, and this may not be a good move in my opinion. It may lead someone to make a connect between political bans and the ban you made in Warband.
That is why the anti-cheat update. We have it now and now we can see what actually happens.And I guess that's why someone suggest Taleworlds to declare their multiplayer server policy first. Because in my opinion, whatever the amount of reports received, dev should only make bans when they have enough evidence to show who is cheating and how. Especially if the amount as you said is huge, it means that many cheaters are in multiplayer servers, then it must be much more easier to prepare to record a video who cheats and what kind of cheats they use. This also help devs and the anti-cheat system to improve.
Firstly, we moderators do not have any power on servers. We are players as you all are (I am a moderator on a subforum and I just state my opinion here). Secondly, all players can report a cheater or a troll and, if many reports come in, the team would take action. I do not blame the team, I do not blame the ones that reported, it is just how it works right now and TW is working on this system to be more effective, as per the posts of the admins.Well if your mods have the power to ban, I'd understand your puzzlement. As far as I understood your system (correct me, if I'm wrong there) your mods can only report and your admins at TW, outside reach of the PRC government, are looking over these reports, having, as you guys said yourself, put good faith into the reports and administered the bans, because obviously, before the outrage came, they had no warning sign that PRC-chinese game mods would report for political reasons.
So, if I'm right and moderators can only report, not ban, the solution would be rather simple, namely the one I suggested: Don't hire in Mainland China but in the RoC or hire people, who learned Chinese, outside of China, who can take over these moderator jobs.
Regarding this, it is very hard to check if a player was cheating(that is why the latest update with the anti-cheat system were released). But imagine yourself as a dev that just seen reports of a cheater. If you see one, you would ignore it, two, well, if they don't have proof, again, ignore. Three reports, this is where it gets tough. All in all, I would urge you all to please await for a response from the dev team and keep the discussion pertinent, not throw accusations from one side to another, and try to be constructive on this matter with valuable arguments.If you all keep insulting each other, this topic will be locked like the ones before it.But it still cannot explain the fact that some player was banned without cheating.
And if there are someone in dev team is in charge of those bans, and accept the report who without cheating but reported as cheater, then this guy in my opinion should be punished (For me, the best case is to be fired).
As it was stated before (and I will say it again), there are no people outside TaleWorlds dev team that can issue a ban. The bans offered right now regarding this matter are addressed at the moment, since they were reported as cheating (thus the ban time was reduced during the review). Please read the whole topic before posting (or at least the last postings).Imho TW should just not employ any mainland chinese moderators, since they're subject to mainland chinese laws and thus are compromised regarding freedom of speech and respecting it.
Hire instead from the Republic of China aka. Taiwan, the Free Chinese.
If I answer for the parts I am involved:
- Stability: Apart from game server related crashes, recently we had major issues with one of our providers. We are currently improving our system to handle these kinds of issues better. Also we are moving relevant services to another service provider. This will happen one part at a time and some has already been moved. Moving whole system will probably take around 1 month maybe 6 weeks. We are moving them slowly so each part is tested and monitored one at a time.
- Anti-cheat: With the next patch, anti-cheat implementation will be completed. Custom servers will also have anti-cheat and detected player will be kicked from game instead of what we did until now, logging their actions. Of course there can be improvements and bug fixes depending on the need.
- Player Reporting System: 1-2 weeks, depending on our patch schedule and tests. Detailed logging will be introduced at the same time.
- Analytics: This is used since the beta and gets updates as our designers need.
- Recently Played Players and Friends: 1-3 weeks, depending on our patch schedule and tests.
- Clans: This is gonna be implemented part by part. I am personally expecting first update regarding clans to be released this month but again depends on patch schedule and tests. Also we may want to add more features to it before releasing.