The patch notes for 1.7.2:
- Ayzar Stronghold
- Moved flag B closer to the attacker siege tower and added some barricades around it
- Removed the ladder from the former flag B site
- Added a new gate in front of flags E and F
- Reduced some gate and barricade hitpoints
- Moved the battering ram closer to the main gate
- Adjusted one of the attacker ballistae that allowed users to hide behind a wooden ramp
- Adjusted a few spawn positions
Where were the spawns adjusted?
It seems the one place where change was urgently needed
-meaning specifically the attacker's spawns when E,F, and G are the only flags left in play
, no improvements took place.
The spawns are exactly the same. The attackers are placed so far away from the flags (and the defenders so close) that there is no chance for the attackers to find success and capture and hold the flags -unless the teams are wildly unbalanced in terms of talent level (in which case the map will be a wash anyways). This issue has been brought up time and time and time again
with players practically begging for the spawns to be adjusted and made more balanced.
When I read the patch notes, I was optimistic about the possibility of this map (which has a very cool aesthetic) having undergone some much needed improvement, but when I finally played it, I soon learned that nothing had changed. Attackers will get straight cuckolded
if the final flags remaining are E,F and G. Attackers can steamroll through A-D flags, but then get unfairly stonewalled by the very bad spawn placements. I guess backcapping and cheesery will continue to be the name of the game on this map, since no real helpful adjustments happened.
It's just really disappointing that an issue like this (which seems easily fixable) can persist for so long. Please adjusts the spawns for real next time.