Search results

1. Figulus

What to do in peacetime.

In my review of the game i also say that you can almost smell the glue that keeps it just about together.
    I have a similar issue with the arenas being barebones. But that i can live with, because it is easily moddable and already done so.
    I'm having real issues though with a company giving us the bare minimum and then hoping for modders to do the work for them.

The problem that i adress is one that affects the actual gameloop which cannot be fixed by mods.The spine of the red thread that runs through the progress is cut.
    They've done a good job of letting you build up. But once you're built up and there's peace time. The game is sorely lacking content/progress.
    That's outting it mildly. To be quite frank. There's NOTHING to do.

This is a serious problem and one that keeps me from returning to the game.

Maybe in peacetime you can focus on comradery. Roleplay elements. Maybe sit around the fire, telling tales, skirmishing with companions. etc.
    Maybe even relive the history of one of those companions in a flashback.
    What about wondering around your castle, talk to your citizens, solving their issues.
    Where is the immersion instead of stale attributes?

That would be the stuff i like to see.
    Def more room for roleplay!
  2. Figulus

1.8.0 Player feedback thread

People don't understand the value of feasts. It meant the game had a little more life, Bannerlord could be an average RTS at this point, just kill troops against NPCs, no RPG elements, nothing interesting outside of combat. Feasts were part of the bigger side of the RPG game, it meant the lords had a life and it simulated (at least in a vert small portion) a medieval life. It were just interesting, small details that made the game feel whole.
    Agreed , feasts added another layer , a reason to continue.
  3. Figulus

Just feel confused about the logic of making peace

The logic is this:
    This is a battle game. You get your enjoyment through fighting battles with enemies. So, when you are at war, the enemy "allows" you to have fun by making battle to them and at the end of the day they want you to pay them for all the fun you had.
    True , Bannerlord is a Medieval type battle simulator loosely spritzed with minimal rpg elements , yet it could've been so much more.
  4. Figulus

The dialogues&interactions with NPC's

Yep , we all want that..sighs..
  5. Figulus

Hungry for feasts and other things..

Unfortunately these are only proofs of concept, to show how easy it is to make these features and criticize Taleworlds for not having done them. Bloc doesn't like TW for obvious reasons and as a result isn't publishing mods as playable because he doesn't want to benefit them.
    Aye found that out , pity!
  6. Figulus

Have I got a treat for you - this modder has it all, feasts, bandits, companion dialogues, viking night raids, the works for Bannerlord. And the dude just keeps it coming, take a look at all the mods he's made so far!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/c/Bloctheworker/videos
    Thanks, will do..don't how how i missed it!
  7. Figulus

Hi y'all , I can't believe there are still no feasts in Bannerlord , a feature used in warband to great effect in making the player feel a part of a faction and to inspire players to rise within it. I enjoy the battles but after a while it seems that's all there is. Wouldn't it be great if...
  8. Figulus

How Do I Tell What Mod Is Causing a Crash?

Nightmare , I just did it by process of elimination , unchecking one mod at a time.zzzzzzzz
  9. Figulus

Returning ; Has a full release date been talked about yet?

Yes it was mentioned in Future plans update/post that the estimated release date is Q2 2022
    Thanks , that still leaves a lot of time for change. Wonder what version Release will be? 2.4? 2.5?
  10. Figulus

Returning ; Has a full release date been talked about yet?

Hi All , Just wondered above , Cheers, Fig.
  11. Figulus

Tried Warband for the first time. Why didn't they just do a remastered version instead of Bannerlord?

So, after a year or so I decided to get a cheap copy of Warband. It is hard if you come from BL. I am trying Floris Evolved and I can see why people were commenting on Warband's features. So, my question is: Why haven't they decided to just remaster what they had instead of adventuring in BL? Why not just a graphics overhaul and some additions such as those that are in Floris and similar?
    God knows , I've given up on Bannerlord and am playing three different overhauls of Warband...and the're all way better games..except for graphics.:wink:
  12. Figulus

Reinforcements Spawn Points Ruin Battles!!

Hello,

Completely agree with you.

You forgot the best of this :

Ennemy goes back from his spawn point. So the ennemy is back from his spawn points.
    So you advance. So you are on, or past the spawn point.
    *And his knights spawn in the middle of your archers :razz:*
    Useless to make a drawing to explain you the result lol
    This can almost result in a defeat : dumb player archers hitting only closest targets, they stop arrowing what they were supposed to kill and get killed by the reinforcements... anyway that resulted on irrevelant losses...

I think the spawn points should be dynamic instead of static, so if the ennemy goes back instead of forward, his reinforcements come close to his actual line of defense. And maybe adjusting the spawn point for the player or AI who has advanced a lot on the map.
    Right! Soo annoying.
  13. Figulus

I think you raise a very good point.

under the current battle system, especially when you have large army battle (500+)
    the attacker almost always suffer more disadvantage, since attacker will move positions forward and be far away from their respawn point
    while defender can set archers loose formation and shoot you down when attacker approaching

and attacker AI have to retreat and get more reinforcement and come back attack again
    Therefore, attacker is always suffer more, even attacker outnumber the defender

so the battle tactic just become so boring, as player, you always want to hold defense position, because it favor defender

I almost never attack enemy unless I outnumber them, and i am sure I can kill them all in one wave (meaning I don't have to wait for reinforcement )
    Exactly!
  14. Figulus

I think you raise a very good point.

under the current battle system, especially when you have large army battle (500+)
    the attacker almost always suffer more disadvantage, since attacker will move positions forward and be far away from their respawn point
    while defender can set archers loose formation and shoot you down when attacker approaching

and attacker AI have to retreat and get more reinforcement and come back attack again
    Therefore, attacker is always suffer more, even attacker outnumber the defender

so the battle tactic just become so boring, as player, you always want to hold defense position, because it favor defender

I almost never attack enemy unless I outnumber them, and i am sure I can kill them all in one wave (meaning I don't have to wait for reinforcement )
    Exactly!
  15. Figulus

War .. War .. War .. with 76 relationship friend ???

The southern Empire just declared war against me .. yet I have a 76 relationship with them ...I thought we were friends ..

WHY ??

I seem to be fighting everyone close to me..

WHY ??

It's not as if I'm an easy target, I keep beating most of them, paying for peace with powerful ones..

Diplomacy seems Cracked, warped, split, oilly, smelly, old, worn, hardened, obese, farty, floppy, etc etc

Yep , dip's still broke ma man , soo much dev work still to be done on that!
    Fig.
  16. Figulus

1.6.2 can't assign party role

1.6.2 bugs:

-can't assign party role, not even to main character. i assigned quartermaster and reverted to none. same with the other followers, keep assigning engineering roles, and such, and nothing as soon as i reopen tab, nothing saved....

-not sure if bug, but can't manouver with couched lance as well as 1.6.0.
    +1
  17. Figulus

1.6.2 can't assign party role

I've noticed I can't sort by culture in the encyclopedia
    +1
  18. Figulus

okay, my friend, let me teach you a new trick,
    always always choose to defense, and let the enemy to come forward and attack you
    You place archers loose formation in front, infantry at back, horsemen on left
    your archers will shoot down most enemy when they come closer
    infantry push up and kill enemy, but don't push too far to their spawn points, wait for them to keep coming toward to you

if your enemy didn't come toward to you, you retreat and reload the battle again, they will come to you at some point

you win battle 100% all the time
    check out the result of using this tatic, HUGE win rates , do the math
    your archers will do most damage and reduce enemy morale, so they will just run away hahahahahah

Yep , looks good and i've seen evidence of it too!
  19. Figulus

@Duh_TaleWorlds Is this topic/issue being explored while working on the Order of Battle feature?
    One hopes!
Top Bottom