Search results

1. cuce

Minor Clan???

minor clans is not related to power level but to belonging in a faction.
  2. cuce

Economy Changes with 1.8 and onwards

Curious if anyone has any ideas about what variables to look at to track the health of the economy.

Eg: suppose I was going to mod how caravans spawn or function. What variables should I be monitoring (and how often) to see the economic impacts?
    we track availability heatmaps, avarage high and low prices, price indexes, prosperity trends of towns, caravan survival times, workshop counts, etc

these are the ones we check in general. if there is something that look fishy amongs these we check other things.
  3. cuce

Villages should give luxury items when raiding scaling with the hearth level

we want to keep the trade xp really trade oriented but of course that is not exactly the case, reward of looting and raiding shouldnt really be trade experience in my opinion. we are going to make them worth your time loot wise.

caravans are usually worth the effort and risk if you know how to find and catch them.

@nereid yes, new horse tiers are produced at villages.
  4. cuce

the drop rate is related to production rate, and production of higher tier horses is quite low, but technically it will be possible.
  5. cuce

we are working on this currently, and we settled on something similar on what you are proposing here.

roughly, instead of just relying on village inventory for raiding loot, we are rewarding denars, trade goods that would be commonly found in villages (such as linen, live stock, various foods, hard wood, salt etc) and of course primary production of the village. oh also, if you complete a village raid successfully instead of leaving in the middle of it you will be getting a reduced time for your disorganized state maybe non at all.

the primary idea is to make village raids a profitable action to begin with, but we didn`t want to make them just give denars, but instead primarily reward the action through trade goods. that makes sense both roleplay wise but also creates a difference between raiding villages, running back to towns to make money, and marching through Onira.

with this of course some of the perks and skill effects will be adjusted and changed as well to match the new method.
  6. cuce

some production types do have trickling amounts of secondry production, apart from every village producing very small amount of grain.
  7. cuce

@cuce
    I haven't had the chance to try 1.8.0 yet but I wanted to ask as I don't see it in the changes; Will there be any changes to how price is calculated depending on supply? Currently it feels very random and unnatural.
    I was making a mod for myself where workshops do not sell products if the price is under a threshold and I was logging prices for debugging. While doing this I noticed that prices would jump from 80 to 260 and back to 100 in the matter of a couple seconds. This is very off-putting considering you wouldn't see this in real life (unless it is cryptocurrencies I suppose).
    In my humble opinion towns deciding price at every second based on supply is wrong. They should consider recent history and do not act like that one wool is the only wool left in whole world.
    Saw the other thread post today, ill be looking into it this week. the exact report wasn`t something i had experienced
  8. cuce

Skirmish Trading Post

will check it
  9. cuce

-Smithy
    Conversion speed 3->1.5
    Output count 2->4

smithy iron consumption is halved, while output is kept same
  10. cuce

Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Bro, i feel you. If you compare battanian cities with the other culture cities, they look like ****. Battanian have so nice music they need just better looking Cities.
    idea is that battania is the oldest empire still standing, and their towns and stoneworks are remants of the past and some towns are build on and amongst the ruins, while castles are much easier to build most of them are fresh settlements and few of them are earthen ramps at low wall levels.
  11. cuce

there was an unintended change parallel to main economy changes that caused workshops to double up at some game starts. we are looking at it.
  12. cuce

@cuce Thanks! Exciting to see how lower supply (and higher demand) will make player efforts to move goods across Calradia more interesting.

One concern: What about the potential for more frequent city starvation? If, generally, demand (i.e. city consumption rate) is up and supply is lower, isn't there a risk of constant city shrinkage from starvation, garrison deterioration from lack of food, etc. in so far as that lower-supply-higher-demand dynamic affects food goods? I'm sure you've considered this - just curious as to your approach.
    not much of a risk there. Didnt change grain production that much. in fact caravans willing to trade with less potential profit means they are diffusing grain more.
  13. cuce

Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

One other major issue is that armor is that cut and pierce damage also need to less effective against armor.

High tier armor should be very good against cut damage and provide still some protection against pierce. Another issue remains is that arrows are still too powerful against armor.
    Armor effectiveness did increase against all damage types but effects is much more pronounced against blunt. specifically for low amounts of blunt damage.

On top of that, weapons don't accually deal just cut or pierce damage. a sword deals most of its damage in cut form while dealing a little amount of it in blunt. so every melee damage is also get nerfed a little bit as well
  14. cuce

The fundemental effect of these changes is making trade goods more regional.

Also there are some tweaks that curbs the profitability of mount trading, with this patch as well.
  15. cuce

Salutations merchants of Calradia We have been working on some changes regarding the economy of Calradia for some time. With the new patch we can finally share those changes with you. So we wanted to take this opportunity to share the changes as well as the reasons, rationale and limitations...
  16. cuce

Uncanny insighth perk

Cant think of anything that will stop us from making this a party role perk instead of party leader atm, will check it. thanks for the notice
  17. cuce

Skirmish Trading Post

Hey, sorry for late reply. This was an issue not that easy to take care of in a clean and proper way, so we are going to do a work around and take care of it at least in this specific case.

fix should be next patch over.
  18. cuce

In Progress Settlement Food Going Down For No Reason

@cuce I think a prosperity drift like we have for loyalty and security would be amazing and solve it so easily, just need to determine the range and drift numbers but its early access and the beta branch, install it and we can test it before it goes to the main branch
    sorry for the late answer.

the nature of food consumption and prosperity creates a drift. Adding another layer on top might just make the world more static. Instead at the moment we are looking at ways to stabilize prosperity increase and create a buffer before decrease.
  19. cuce

Still no Camels?! (Nov ‘21)

There have been some mishaps on how we defined overall burden animal category and camels both in their usages and their production. There is a related bug that will be fixed in a upcoming patch soon and with it both regular camels and war camels will be produced in horse ranch villages in Aserai region
  20. cuce

In Progress Settlement Food Going Down For No Reason

will check out the save, thanks for the heads up
Top Bottom