Search results

1. Janus

Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

Clicking "See more" in the "Postings" tab in profile pages should direct to the second page right away rather than showing the first page a second time and having the user manually skip it immeditealy afterward which will invariably be the case since the point of pressing "See more" in the first place is to proceed with reading the rest of the content, having already gone through the first page.
    Unfortunately not really practical, would take a fair bit of work. For one thing, the Postings page only lists the most recent 15 posts of the user, while search result pages like you get from clicking "See more" return 20 results per page. So the first page of that has 5 more posts at the end of it.
  2. Janus

@Callum is more directly involved in the design and layout as well, so I'll tag him.

One example; I have been trying to format the table and every time I type 8) the forum silently turns it into an emoticon. Doesn't seem like there's anything like the [nobbc][/nobbc] tag from the old system, there was also a checkbox to toggle if you wanted automatic smiley conversion, now it does it every time.
    The replacement for [nobbc] from SMF is [plain] in XenForo. Example:
    [plain]("plain" 8)[/plain] (normal 8)
    ("plain" 8) (normal :cool:
  3. Janus

Forums migrated to new hosting

We've completed our migration to a new hosting setup for our forums. Everything should work the same, but it's always possible a problem or two might have popped up as a result. Let us know if you run into any problems. One known temporary issue: Searches on the forum will not return much yet...
  4. Janus

Old Forums

Has the old forum been closed?
    Look at the thread just below this.
  5. Janus

Old SMF forum backup closing down

The old SMF backup is now closed. Links to any parts of it (boards, topics, posts, sections) will now redirect to the related part of the forum here.
  6. Janus

Old SMF forum backup closing down

We've maintained a read-only backup of our old SMF forums since our conversion to XenForo, which happened back in January of 2020, well over 2 years at this point. One reason was to give people a chance to back up important old Private Messages, since PMs couldn't be transferred over to XenForo...
  7. Janus

Any chance the notifications in groups could be disabled by default? Or at least an window is given to ask if you want them to be enabled or not? It's just a little bit irritating joining a group then receiving 10 emails in an hour because I forgot to disable the notifications.
    This should finally be changed now. When you join a group or a group you're in adds a new discussion forum, you won't automatically be set to Watching those forums.
  8. Janus

Sometimes I miss the function, to list the search results by reverse date order, so oldest posts first. Would that be difficult to implement?
    Sorry, but there's no apparent way to do that in XenForo. At the very least, you can use the advanced search form to limit the results to a specific timeframe.
  9. Janus

You can submit a name change request in your account settings...

You can submit a name change request in your account settings. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?account/account-details
  10. Janus

Is there any news about old forum theme? Is it available right now or are we still waiting for that?
    I think it's on hold at the moment, @Callum has been busy with other stuff.
  11. Janus

For some reason Vimeo links (embeds) have stopped to be supported even though they are listed as approved. I had to paste a plain URL and I must add that I had had no problem with Vimeo links prior to the latest XenForo update.
    I checked your post history and see this Vimeo URL:
    https://vimeo.com/626472445/016ba4ae7b
    I'm not that familiar with Vimeo, rarely even seen videos from it, but I checked their video listings and the videos listed there all seem to be formatted like this, without the extra bit at the end:
    https://vimeo.com/605584471
    I tried that video link and it embedded fine.

I tried trimming your video link down like that, but it just shows "video not found". I'm guessing that bit at the end is a key, and access to this particular video is restricted to those who have that key on the end?

If that's the case, I can at least report it to the XenForo devs to fix their Vimeo embed code to support those restricted access (or whatever they're called) video URLs.

This problem with certain Vimeo embeds should now be fixed with the latest XenForo update.
  12. Janus

TWim - TWf-exclusive image uploading site

There is no option to receive a notification for every reply in a thread. You will receive a notification for the first new reply, then, you will not receive any further notifications until you visit the thread again. After that, it will again notify you of the next new reply.
  13. Janus

When you click on a profile to see someone's posting history, you may get his posts from the last couple of days, then BANG the list continues directly to 2011 or 2010. Why did you delete a decade, Janus? It wasn't a great decade, but the posterity has a right to know how it sucked.
    I'm guessing the search index was being rebuilt when you checked. Should be back now.
  14. Janus

Groups on the forum now have a little more functionality to their discussion forums. Group admins and moderators can now move threads between the group's discussion forums if they have more than one. The option will show up in the "..." menu in the upper right when viewing a thread in a group discussion forum, if you're an admin or moderator of that group.
    Note that the move dialog for this feature does have a minor oddity that it also lists the forum which the thread is already in as a possible destination forum, but it doesn't actually cause any problems as far as I can tell. That might get fixed at some point.

On another note, there have been a few odd server hiccups every once in a while lately which I think might be due to the search result limit being increased to 1000 results, so for now I've taken it back down to 400 max results (twice the original standard limit) to see if that helps.
  15. Janus

Taleworlds not compliant to their own privacy policy/GDPR and more.

But @Janus do you know by any chance if TW has plans to adhere to their own privacy policy?
    I can't speak to that, as that stuff is handled directly by the devs. Since you tagged Dejan and MArdA, they should be aware of your complaint and concerns.
  16. Janus

Well I can certainly tell you that I did receive updates from groups while I was banned so this might be an edge case that you missed, I also PM'ed you my email address to check.
    Ah, the Groups functionality is from an addon to the forum software. I'll file a bug report with the addon dev, so that can be taken care of.

EDIT:
    The addon dev has acknowledged the bug and it should be fixed soon, so those group notifications will no longer go out to users banned from the forum.
  17. Janus

Just to quickly address one of your complaints:
    Then something else which is also a breach of the GDPR, meaning that if you get banned that you lose all rights to the forum. While you could say that this is legitimate and the right of TW, the way they do this is illegitimate. Because you cannot unsubscribe from e-mails, so you get unsolicited e-mails which you cannot unsubscribe from which is illegal. Nor can you correct your data or delete any of it. So I would also like this to be changed.
    This is incorrect. Banned accounts do not receive emails from the forum. So there is no need to unsubscribe, unless your ban is later lifted (as yours just was a short while ago) and you suddenly start getting emails again that you no longer wish to receive. In which case, you then are able to unsubscribe as desired.

EDIT:
    If there are any specific emails that you did somehow receive from the forum, please contact me via PM or the forumadmin email address with specific details and I will look into it, as it would certainly be an oversight. I have however personally tested and confirmed that topic reply notification emails are not sent to banned accounts, and have no reason currently to believe that other emails would be sent out to banned acounts either.
  18. Janus

Bad Gateway Error

Indeed, it seems the main website is currently having problems. The devs in charge of it are now notified.
  19. Janus

I couldn't post my last thread until I deleted and replaced the "Unresolved" tag in the title

In that case, I don't know what could have triggered the error, and I am unable to reproduce it unless I remove the prefix on a new thread in the support section.
    Let us know if you run into this problem again, particularly if you can determine any other circumstances that might have triggered it.
  20. Janus

I couldn't post my last thread until I deleted and replaced the "Unresolved" tag in the title

I'm guessing you removed the "Unresolved" prefix (which is applied by default) and left the prefixes empty when posting the thread, probably unintentionally. The prefix box is just above the thread title box when posting a thread. Support threads have to have a prefix on them to indicate their support status.
Top Bottom