Search results

1. Scene Design Contest

@Dejan I've uploaded a new version of beefbacon_craglowe as beefbacon_cragloweupdate01.
  2. Scene Design Contest

Forum username: beefbacon
    Scene name: Craglowe

S1OvCzA.png

"Oh aye, the bridge and the ruins there were here long before the Imperials and Vlandians decided to settle here at Craglowe; the rest were claimed by the swamp, I suppose. 'Course there's no way the Imperials and the Vlandians would cooperate like that these days, but their wars don't bother us none. No knight or legionary has set foot in these parts for a century or more, I reckon, so they can just leave us to our river trade. No, our real problems come from the brigands who camp out in the old ruins, and the swamp folk whenever they decide that fishing and digging clay ain't good enough for 'em. That and the swamp itself, of course; it seems to grow more treacherous every year. You watch your step if you go outside the walls, and stick to the roads where you can; I don't want to have to dredge you up a week from now, if we even find you at all."
    9smg1O4.jpg

J3kZCQ6.jpg

Kqzdl13.jpg

mExnmbf.jpg
    KA5r47n.jpg
  3. Native OSP 3D Art BeefBacon's Terrain and Landscaping Pack

That's very kind, thanks so much! I'll be sure to include this (along with any additional entries) in any future releases, since it serves as such a well organised base.
  4. Native OSP 3D Art BeefBacon's Terrain and Landscaping Pack

Not a bad idea. A series of earth ramparts, trenches and so on would probably fit rather well.
  5. Native OSP 3D Art BeefBacon's Terrain and Landscaping Pack

I was tired of always seeing boring terrain so I made a collection of cliffs, rocks and other terrain and landscaping models in a variety of materials for use in scene editing. While this pack was originally intended for use in mods such as Persistent Kingdoms, it can be used for scenes in any...
  6. [MBMC] Mount & Blade Modding Contest [Q3][Scening] - [Sponsored by TaleWorlds]

I tend to see these contests as a nice community engagement thing. Competitions are fun. Warband modding will persist well into Bannerlord, just as older games like Half-Life and Doom continue to get modded to this day.

I personally favour scening because it's more inclusive - everyone has access to the same tools and the same assets, and learning the scening tools is pretty straight forward. Blender isn't something you can just pick up and run with, and other people have access to other tools like Photoshop, 3DSMax or substance painter which will naturally confer an advantage. That's not to say that I don't think that modelling competitions should be run (I don't fancy my odds but I'd happily participate in an armour contest, for example) but I do think that scene comps are naturally more balanced.
  7. [MBMC] Mount & Blade Modding Contest [Q3][Scening] - [Sponsored by TaleWorlds]

It was a tough competition, so I was very happy to get second place! Well done, everyone.

In previous contests the judges had tables which broke down the different scores and the reasoning for those scores. If such tables were made for this competition I'd love to take a look.
  8. [MBMC] Mount & Blade Modding Contest [Q3][Scening] - [Sponsored by TaleWorlds]

KzJKu0n.png

Forum username: BeefBacon
    Scene name: Nordhaven
    Scene download link: https://filebin.net/qc45h97t5nj6oh8l
    Terrain code:
    scn_castle_10_exterior castle_10_exterior 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000000b0000000000fffff000041ef00005ae800003c55
    sea_outer_terrain_1

By submitting this work I agree to the rules and regulations of this contest.

My grandfather built a mead hall here from which he launched raids further inland than any Nord before him. My father built the great keep and the palisade, and razed one of the greatest southern fortresses to the ground. I will build this into a castle the envy of any fat southern lord, and I will carve out a realm of my own. Even now they march on my hall and construction of the walls is yet incomplete, so steel and valour must be my walls for now. One day soon I may have children. I know not what their legacy will be, but I know tales of their deeds will be sung in halls for ages to come.

2gTeSTX.jpg

ilmJdjl.jpg

UlaDrp2.jpg

adZ1sn0.jpg

6Cmpg21.jpg

4ZP9Vka.jpg
  9. [MBMC] Mount & Blade Modding Contest [Q3][Scening] - [Sponsored by TaleWorlds]

8k05VjW.png

Scene name: Lakeview Keep
    Scene download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qtlfc411krcky9p/scn_castle_46_exterior.sco/file
    Terrain code:
    scn_castle_46_exterior castle_46_exterior 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000350000000000fffff000041ef00005ae800003c55
    outer_terrain_none

I'm told it was beautiful here once. Long ago this was an Imperial fort, watching the border with the Clans of Old Asserai. With the collapse of the Empire and the rise of our great Sultans that border vanished and my ancestors turned this place into their home; a garden villa overlooking a deep lake and lush farmland. Now it is claimed by the desert as one day all things will be, and yet it remains my home. I am honour-bound to defend it.

mnXgWh3.jpg

U2QK86B.jpg

n8RfnSC.jpg

ur1eUVW.jpg

V8coQ3K.jpg
  10. [MBMC] Mount & Blade Modding Contest [Q3][Scening] - [Sponsored by TaleWorlds]

3T72ZEm.png

Scene name: The Wizard's Tower
    Scene download link: https://filebin.net/mbh8aut748540vsk
    Terrain code:
    scn_castle_24_exterior castle_24_exterior 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x000000003000000000080200000000010000000100000001
    outer_terrain_none

I was delighted when Andarius approached me with a new contract. His benefactor required a company of mercenaries to protect his property; a great tower and the surrounding ruins in a swamp forest near Uxhal. The pay was generous, and for good reason. We never saw its inhabitant, but strange, unnatural lights could be seen coming from the tower at night, and such a decrepit structure was surely held up by sorcery. Once we started hearing the screams I noticed some of the lads discussing the possibility of fleeing to Suno. I'd have had them flogged if I hadn't had those same thoughts myself.

TsHgW92.jpg

9dNgasn.jpg

zFcjgBJ.jpg

bWkcFzp.jpg

FwI85Wx.jpg
  11. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Can I tell villages to be assigned to specific castles and towns, rather than the closest?
  12. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
    BeefBacon said:
    [Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
    I remember that sometimes I have had to add the extra line for the text colour but I also haven't made bug changes there, most of my changes have been in the positions. So even with the line base_text_color it doesn't change the colour for the respective text?

No it changes the colour for that text, there just doesn't seem to be the option to change the colour for other lines of text. It never occurred to me to add the line in myself. I might give that a go.

-

Hoooly **** that actually worked. I did a thing and it didn't break. I am Hackerman. Now I just need to do that to all the text that doesn't seem to want to change, though actually finding and identifying might be a bit tricky.
    I found your first message irritating but with your edit I understood it now  :lol:
    At game_variables, some few lines can be added without breaking anything. It works for sure if you see one text block with a line which the others don't have. You can then simply apply it to the others there as well. Have fun  :grin:

Yeah, sorry, I could have been a bit clearer. Thanks for your help.
  13. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
    I remember that sometimes I have had to add the extra line for the text colour but I also haven't made bug changes there, most of my changes have been in the positions. So even with the line base_text_color it doesn't change the colour for the respective text?

No it changes the colour for that text, there just doesn't seem to be the option to change the colour for other lines of text. It never occurred to me to add the line in myself. I might give that a go.

-

Hoooly **** that actually worked. I did a thing and it didn't break. I am Hackerman. Now I just need to do that to all the text that doesn't seem to want to change, though actually finding and identifying might be a bit tricky.
  14. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
    Which one are you trying to change? And give us also the snippet of the lines which you have put in (together with the ones from the whole block of the respective UI which you want to change)

All text in the game. Main menu I can find, custom battles I can't. Starting a new game and selecting male/female I can find, but the rest of the character selection I can't. It's not an absolute deal breaker that I can't change text colour, but it is a shame since it's a good way to give a mod its own distinct visual style.

I've changed all of the 0xFF colours in game_variables and module_game_menus. Either I've missed something, the colours for the rest of the text are stored elsewhere, or for some reason some colours are (seemingly arbitrarily) hardcoded.

Code:
    char_b_attribs_base_position_x = 0
    char_b_attribs_base_position_y = 0.17
    char_b_attribs_base_size_x = 0.15
    char_b_attribs_base_size_y = 0.03
    char_b_attribs_base_text_color = 0xFFFFFFFF
    char_b_attribs_base_highlight_text_color = 0xFFD3E2E8
    char_b_attribs_base_text_flags = 0x4
    char_b_attribs_base_text_size_x = 0.02
    char_b_attribs_base_text_size_y = 0.02

Is the sort of thing I'm looking for. I can edit these colours just fine, but the menus prior to this don't seem to be editable. There are colour values in module_scripts but they don't seem to be related; I may be wrong.
  15. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

kalarhan said:
    module.ini has variables to hide some buttons like
    Code:
    has_tutorial = 1

you can edit the hardcoded UI like main game menu on the file game_variables.txt. The coordinates, etc, are there. Rest is hardcoded. A example is to move the buttons around, either to use a new background or to hide them (move them to the corner and use a small font... no more buttons lol).

There seems to be a whole load of text that I can't change the colour of. Am I missing something, or is it such a mess that I can change the colour in the first character creation screen, but not the next? That surely can't be the case. I change colours by editing the 0xFF hex values - is there some other way to change colours that I've just not seen, or have I somehow missed the colour value for like half the UI?
  16. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Dj_FRedy said:
    I feel that my answer was taken as an offense, I hope it is not so, do not stop asking when you do not know something. Also check all the information there is for modsys, and always have at hand header_operations, is the dictionary of wb code.  :wink:

It's all me - not your fault, I promise. I do appreciate the help.

kalarhan said:
    BeefBacon said:
    What I was confused by is the fact that module_parties assigns what I assume is an unlooted map model, and that module_scripts also assigns an unlooted map model as well as the appropriate looted and abandoned models

entities have a zero-time definition, or the moment when the campaign is created. After that is up to the dynamic rules in the module system to adapt them, so the initial definitions are no longer valid. Entities are things like troops, static parties, items, ...

think of the player troop. In module_troops.py you are level 1, no items, etc. That state changes at the moment you answer the questions on character creation. And dont change back. You can even choose between the inventory of a soldier-troop: use the default values, or be dynamic (module.ini).

or how the faction of a static center changes right in the "game_start" script and keep changing as events happen in the game.

so use the entities file for nominal values that make sense, but dont worry so much about them. The game is dynamic by nature.

Okay, I think that makes sense.

I've more or less got the basics lined up, in regards to the fact that everything compiles without any problems, but I'm keen on doing a bit of visual stuff for a while - modelling, textures, so on. Can you, or anyone else, tell me where I can edit font colours? I can change the colours of certain menus in module_game_menus but can't for the life of me find the values for the main menu and the loading screen. Being able to hide "multiplayer" on the main menu would also be a plus. I remember reading about how to remove it a while ago, but Google isn't my friend this day.
  17. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
    Most probably the code snippet inside the module_parties is handling all the icons on the world map and thus also the icons of villages. The part which you have here assigns to these 'parties' an icon depending on their status (normal, looted, etc.) which also depends on their position of the map. Not every village has an unique icon, some are in a winter region, sand region, etc.. If you see the same in a Native module system it is with a very high probability not redundant, modders would have already removed it otherwise :wink:

Village 85 is included, it starts counting there until village 87 which isn't included anymore. I recommend to read Lav's expanded header_operations (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,213060.0.html) and the introduction to the MS Syntax (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,142422.0.html).

And I partially agree with DJ_FRedy, it is not the best idea to start in the middle of everything how to do it^^

Oh yeah, I wouldn't remove something just because I think it's redundant. I have no idea if it is or not - though I do get a few notifications when I compile informing me of duplicates dotted about here and there, but I probably won't do anything about them unless they start causing problems. If it works it works. What I was confused by is the fact that module_parties assigns what I assume is an unlooted map model, and that module_scripts also assigns an unlooted map model as well as the appropriate looted and abandoned models. Doesn't matter all that much, it isn't as though it could possibly cause any major problems in any case, I just thought it was weird.

As for my other question, I realise now that I am a dumb. The answer is obvious, and I even knew that the answer was obvious, I just got focused on the fact that p_village_ ends with a number when that's pretty much irrelevant.

That syntax thing will be very useful. I tried searching for something similar in the past but didn't have much luck. My understanding is vague, but any errors I make can be quickly rectified. Most of the changes I want to make are fairly superficial. The mod itself isn't large - hence why I'm removing villages rather than adding them. There's a couple of semi-interesting features that don't seem overly difficult to add that I'm keen on putting in, so it should work out.

Thanks for your help. As always, the people on this forum seem happy to help with babby's first Warband mod, and I'm grateful for that. More questions inbound.
  18. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Dj_FRedy said:
    BeefBacon said:
    I'm in the process of removing unwanted towns and villages and bumped into a lot of this sort of thing:

# script_process_village_raids
      # Input: none
      # Output: none
      # called from triggers every two hours

I don't think you know very well what you're doing, you should try to learn a little more about coding and how things work before deleting something...

No... I know what the script does but again, I'm just wondering why the village model is assigned in both module_parties and module_scripts. Seems as though it should be one or the other. Presumably one overrides the other. If I really was completely in the dark as to what the script did, your answer would be even less helpful than it is already. I'm trying to learn. That's why I'm here.
  19. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

kalarhan said:
    use OpenBRF and check those icon models. As the variables and names suggests they have unique models to represent normal village, destroyed (after raid), etc.

that is for Native, you can do whatever you want with your mod.

Yeah I understand that, I think, I'm just wondering why the village model is also described in module_parties. Surely it's redundant if it's in module_scripts? Unless it's just to assign a specific non-destroyed model to that particular village?

Also, as I asked before, how does is_between work?

If I have 1,5,3 and I say is_between 1 and 3, does that include 5, or does it skip it?
  20. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I'm in the process of removing unwanted towns and villages and bumped into a lot of this sort of thing:

Code:
            (try_begin),
              (this_or_next|is_between, ":village_no", "p_village_16", "p_village_23"), #Shapeshte through Shulus (up to Ilvia)
              (this_or_next|is_between, ":village_no", "p_village_49", "p_village_51"), #Tismirr and Karindi
              (this_or_next|eq, ":village_no", "p_village_75"), #Bhulaban
              (is_between, ":village_no", "p_village_85", "p_village_87"), #Ismirala and Slezkh
              (assign, ":normal_village_icon", "icon_village_snow_a"),
              (assign, ":burnt_village_icon", "icon_village_snow_burnt_a"),
              (assign, ":deserted_village_icon", "icon_village_snow_deserted_a"),
            (else_try),
              (is_between, ":village_no", "p_village_57", "p_salt_mine"), #Ayn Assuadi through Rushdigh
              (assign, ":normal_village_icon", "icon_village_c"),
              (assign, ":burnt_village_icon", "icon_village_burnt_c"),
              (assign, ":deserted_village_icon", "icon_village_deserted_c"),
            (else_try),
              (assign, ":normal_village_icon", "icon_village_a"),
              (assign, ":burnt_village_icon", "icon_village_burnt_a"),
              (assign, ":deserted_village_icon", "icon_village_deserted_a"),
            (try_end),

Is this assigning models to villages? I thought that was done via module_parties:

Code:
      ("village_40","Fallowstone",  icon_village_a|pf_village, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(-12, -53),[], 170),

One of these seems redundant, and I'm hoping that it's the former because I've grouped villages according to faction and location, not terrain.

I've also seen a lot of code that suggests that villages behave differently when in deserts, but I'm not clear on what those differences are, or how I'd go about un-assigning those villages safely. Desert doesn't even exist in my mod (though I may end up using desert on the map as a method of generating slightly different scenes for slightly different regions) so am I able to just delete those scripts? I assume so, I've just not tried it yet. Also, does is_between look at villages numerically regardless of their order in module_parties, or does it ignore the p_village_x name and only take its order in module_parties into account?
Top Bottom