When i was trying everything you said nothing worked until i went to the config folder i had 3 files which where "BannerlordConfig/BannerlordGameKeys/engine_config" had and X on them, when i tried to delete them it said the place their saved is not open meaning they where in onedrive which i keep closed. The game runs now thanks for the help.‘Launcher not Launching’ / Game is not launching Workarounds
If you experiencing any issues with the launcher, you can try the workarounds below to fix it:
- The first thing to do when experiencing any issue with the game is verifying the game files. After an update, there is always a chance of some of the game files being corrupted or missing. Doing this will verify that the game files are installed correctly. You can also check our guide regarding this here.
- Deleting the configs folder of the game located in the Documents folder. Please keep in mind that this will also delete your saved options of the game. Don’t forget to back up the files if you don’t want to lose them. (C:\Users\user.name\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs)
- If you have installed a mod called Fixed Launcher in the past, you need to make sure that you have deleted its files. These files can block the launcher from launching. The files of the aforementioned mod.
- Check your Windows Defender settings for Ransomware Protection. You should add Bannerlord to the list under the Controlled Folder Access. To do that:
- - Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- - Click on Virus & threat protection.
- - Click the Virus & threat protection settings option.
- - Under "Controlled folder access," click the Allow an app through the Controlled folder access link.
- - Click the Add an allowed app button to add Bannerlord.
- If none of the workarounds above helped you, you can try to launch the game via the TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Singleplayer.exe and TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Multiplayer.exe files located in the folder below:
- “...:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client”
- Check your OneDrive folder contents. Even if it is disabled we have seen users post that their files have been changed with the previous OneDrive synced files. You should try deleting your OneDrive files. More info about that can be found here.