Search results

1. SuicidalCake

Calradic Campaign

New Calradic Campaign event coming this Saturday! - https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/oxb5wp/wolfe_warrior_diplomacy_calradic_campaign_season/
  2. SuicidalCake

Calradic Campaign

Welcome to the fourth event of Calradic Campaign Season 2! This event will feature an attempt by the Rhodoks to gather support for Vlandia by attacking the Swadian Collaborators.. If the Rhodoks can cross the Lyenn, they will march up to Haringoth Castle. If the Swadians can stuff the Rhodok...
  3. SuicidalCake

Wolfe Warrior Diplomacy - Calradic Campaign Season 2-4

Welcome to the fourth event of Calradic Campaign Season 2! This event will feature an attempt by the Rhodoks to gather support for Vlandia by attacking the Swadian Collaborators.. If the Rhodoks can cross the Lyenn, they will march up to Haringoth Castle. If the Swadians can stuff the Rhodok...
  4. SuicidalCake

Put your dumb stuff here instead of the news feed please :^)

I was sad when everyone died at the end of last cc
  5. SuicidalCake

Group must be active now I suppose XD We have been gathered!

I think we are becoming large king!
  6. SuicidalCake

Calradic Campaign

Reminder that our The Deluge event begins in one hour! Check it out here - https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/oiwdjf/mod_night_the_deluge/
  7. SuicidalCake

Current Issues being working on

Can it be clarified what TW's vision on crush through's purpose is? What is the ideal use of it in a fight? I just struggle to understand how adding that in was seen as a benefit to the game's combat. I want two handers to be strong, but not because I rolled lucky. Warband's method of needing to hold and being restricted to certain weapons kept it an interesting mechanic while not being unfun.

For clarification, I think 1.5 was a huge benefit to the game and the patch that brought me back to playing MP regularly. There's just a few interesting design choices.
  8. SuicidalCake

Public, Casual Events hosted by the Mount and Blade Community Discord

Introduction From the team that brought you five years of the Calradic Campaign, the war continues on across all different time periods and dimensions in our bi-weekly mod events! Whether you're seeking a unique, one off experience to spend your bored Saturday on, or a persistent campaign to get...
  9. SuicidalCake

PSA Taleworlds are hosting a community event with the mount & blade subreddit

You mean events where all your admins spawned full plate armor for themselves and rode around killing literal peasants and removing players that killed them. Lmao. You guys hosted those events so you could pretend to be good. They were a meme.
    bad bait
  10. SuicidalCake

The Mount and Blade redditors are a pretty childish group of people so I’m not sure why Taleworlds even let them be in charge of anything. The Calradic Campaign events they hosted in Warband were terrible and the compeitition was far worse than Warband bots on easy mode.
    I'm not sure what kind of competition you expected from an explicitly casual event, but the CC was always based on introducing otherwise SP only players into a memorable experience where they wouldn't be instantly stomped, as opposed to a sweat fest like most other events for Warband were. We must be doing something right if we managed to have 50 of them that all were almost always filled to capacity, with numerous TaleWorlds devs attending.

I can't imagine why TaleWorlds would be more inclined to work with a platform that focuses on fostering community growth as opposed to one that judges the validity of your opinion on how many 24 man tournaments you took part in back in 2010...
  11. SuicidalCake

Yuuppp just saying what I heard on the forums/reddit. Regardless though the whole thing seemed a little embarrassing for the current state of multiplayer.
    I wasn't attributing that claim to you, I was just responding to the comment that you cited when you talked about what you heard. Apologies if it came off as me coming after you, bad at forum formatting.
  12. SuicidalCake

lol awe man....

Wait, I heard this also. So the people running the event just gave the password to their friends and what not before everyone else and by then the server was full.

What an event....
    The first comment was unfortunately true. The servers weren't the best, unfortunately performing about as well as you'd expect, especially on the siege. This was not something that was within the event organizer's control.

As for the second message, that is an incredibly disingenuous way of framing it. TW asked the event planners to join the server before the password was revealed to see if it was stable and joinable before starting. The team that plans and tests events is about 30ish people, so they were given the pass first. It was not a matter of inviting "friends", that's coming from people who were salty they didn't get in.

The password was given at 20 minutes after the event because that's when TW put the server up. Again, not a conspiracy against anyone or an attempt to get only a certain group of people on - something entirely out of our control. The password was given out in voice first before being announced because there were over 300 people in the channel for an 100 person event. We decided to reward those who had been waiting first. Unless you believe that all 300+ people in there were our friends, there was no bias shown in that method of providing the password.

Also, the server would restart manually after every round, meaning everyone would have to rejoin with full knowledge of the password. How could we even enforce exclusivity to certain people if we wanted to?

It's unfortunate that not everyone was able to get in, but it was inevitable with such a low total player cap. On an optimistic note, this will hopefully show TW that the demand for private servers is high, and to allocate more resources into A.) creating new big team modes and B.) raising the total player cap so that bigger battles can occur.

The event was far from the most desirable it could have been, but trying to paint it as a private, friends only event is not only dishonest but damaging to the community.
  13. SuicidalCake

The problem with reddit was always that they hated warband mp. You go there you’ll see the common view is that warband was everyone spinning and abusing animations to win fights. It was just a very entitled attitude, and even the guys who host the reddit CC’s will tell you the same. Nothing wrong with the CCs they are a ton of fun btw!
    No one that hosts the subreddit events thinks that Warband suffered from either of those issues. You're talking out of your ass, the regulars all share the same issues with the game that the forums do.
Top Bottom