Search results

1. Shaxx

Historical Rarity of Mail for the period

How rare was mail armor in this region and period? Are we talking 5% of warriors, 1% perhaps? Any historical articles or studies on the subject that back up your estimation would be great. I have done some diving on google but everything comes up 'Did you mean the mid and late middle ages?'...
  2. Shaxx

Particular mayor no longer giving quests

I completed the 'Hunt Down Bandits that Attacked Travelers' Quest for the Mayor of Bosvenegh and afterward no longer get the 'Do you have any jobs for me?' dialogue. The quest is not in my log, I got the reward for it but no dice. Other mayors still give quests and upon completion will give...
  3. Shaxx

Historical People Get Imported to Mount and Blade: Renown Level

Based on the renown level of the Kings and Lords in the game, how do you think historical characters from our own history would line up? A few random examples in no particular order: Napoleon Bonaparte - 3,500? Genghis Khan - 3,000? Alexander the Great - 4,000? Julius Caesar - 4,000? Hannibal...
  4. Shaxx

Music Advice

Looking for in-game music suggestions for the engine to play, I am making a custom/personal audio setup with different themes from other popular media things like TV Shows, Movies and Videos Games but also a few things that just fit the VC setting, so far I have: If I Had a Heart by Fever Ray -...
  5. Shaxx

NPC Troop Ranged Proficiencies - Poll

I am thinking of improving the accuracy of all ranged proficiencies on soldiers with any type of ranged weapon... maybe by 50% or 100%. As their accuracy is quite terrible, the only problem is it is not save compatible so I held off until I was starting a new game, which happens to be coming up...
  6. Shaxx

Kingdom Policy Settings

I am curious to know what degree exactly would most of you determine certain extreme policies to represent? As in my opinion no country is or can ever be entirely plutocratic or aristocratic, entirely mercantilist or entirely free and so on. A slider, even a maxed one, can really only mean a...
  7. Shaxx

House Rules

Do any of you play with them to make the game more of a challenge or more immersive, and if so, what are they? That is, special personal rules for your campaign, such as no character importing or no companion importing, or avoiding known glitches for personal gain, etcetera. This thread might...
  8. Shaxx

The Missile Query

Starting up 1.38 and doing the usual new version routine of porting my changes from the last version to the new one. But I am unsure about missiles this time... Javelins: Previously at a 75% increase in damage and all changed to piercing damage. Considering doubling them rather than 75%... The...
  9. Shaxx

Inflated Coinage?

I was thinking prices (troops, items, cattle etcetera) and income seem to be a bit inflated... as scillingas were made mostly of gold afterall (well until circa 680 AD). If I recall correctly, there are accounts of payments for things like Kentish cows being worth 1 sceat in and around this...
  10. Shaxx

Suggestions

Just a few ideas from my 1.37 play-through: 1.) Updating the Traveller to have the new companions in his list of findable companions. 2.) A method that allows you to find companions without having met them before, for a price. Such as 'I know of someone out-of-work' via the traveller or...
  11. Shaxx

[Released] Small Text Fixes for svn Revision 45

This is a minor text mod that unfortunately comes with no support and is based off of the svn revision 45 text files. They are meant to be useful to anyone who wants them, and to see if DrThomas can use them in the next revision. Here is what the mod adds in the hopes of cutting some work-load...
  12. Shaxx

Incessant Clicking Noise - Bug or Feature?

These music files consist all most entirely of clicking noises that take up most of the air time in the game: Travel_Vaegir Hearth_and_Brotherhoood Travel_Khergit Travel_Nord Town_Neutral Uncertain_Homestead Victorious_Vaegir_2 Quite maddening, really. Especially if you like the other sounds...
  13. Shaxx

The Text Refreshment Mod 0.963b - Updated January 26th, 2011

Important: The Text Refreshment Mod is not yet updated to Brytenwalda version 1.332, expect the next version in 1.334. This subordinate-mod mainly aims at correcting broken english in the mod (among other things). Brytenwalda is a great period peace, in the place and time where Native Warband...
  14. Shaxx

Text Refreshment Mod 0.96c - Updated January 09

A miniature sub-mod for the Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.2 pack that 'freshens up' the text in the game. Not compatible with version 2.3, see below for details. Important: This mod is now 95% integrated into the main expanded mod pack as of version 2.3. The mod is largely discontinued due to be...
Top Bottom