Search results

1. Nostalgia Thread

This is where we reminisce about how great it was back in the beta, when we regulated the gameplay with an iron fist, and how we ran a tight ship and kept those trolls OUT! Also, this thread is for complaining about how lousy the admins are on all these new private servers, and the way trolls...
  2. New Game Mode: Medieval Speedball!

I had this brilliant idea playing on the nK Duel mod's Duel Map 2.  We quickly organized a match, and great fun was had by all! Rules: The game is played between two teams within a designated arena area.  When you die, you may not enter the area until the round is over. Each team must play...
  3. Zorn

Got that PM just now.  I replied: Personally, I believe him, and have no problem with getting him unbanned.  Any reason I shouldn't?
  4. [Suggestion] Shortened military scythe needs some lovin'

I was overjoyed when the Rhodok horseman got the shortened military scythe, because it's such a distinctive and cool weapon!  Unfortunately, it's so slow and its range is so short that it's nearly useless in comparison with the arming sword or war cleaver.  The problem is simple: it uses polearm...
  5. Raise Poll Acceptance Margins?

There seems to have been a spike in poll abuse situations lately, resulting in a lot of people being kicked or banned unfairly.  Should we raise the acceptance margins to something like 60-70% to help fight this?  Trolls would still be bannable, but there would be less unfortunate accidents. ...
  6. Destin going after Marnid's title?

:D (I'm not accusing Destin of anything.  This guy sounds like he's just steaming over a single incident.)
  7. [Suggestion] Lengthen the time period during which dead bodies soak hits

From what I am told, the "soak" feature on bodies that were just killed does indeed function, for a short time.  I had thought it simply wasn't functioning.  Most of the unintentional TKs I see on Melee FF servers occur as a result of two people swinging at the same enemy, one hit killing the...
  8. Award achievements to your Warband peers!

I don't think we'll ever get unlockable achievements in Warband.  (And I honestly believe that the game is better off for it)  However, that doesn't stop us from awarding other members of the community ourselves! Achievements Gift of Gab - Socks Purple Pinhead - Pawncakes ...and the coveted...
  9. [Suggestion] "Fix" bastard swords

I'll make it short. 1: High speed 2: High damage 3: Shield "wraparound" 4: "Kickslash" ability 5: Insta-stab My claim is that all these features combined make it excessively newbie-friendly, "spammable", (I don't use that term lightly) and generally the most out-of-control weapon in the game...
  10. War Zealots Clan Thread

Now that the Warband beta has gone public, many of my family and friends are joining.  Since they can't ALL join the Hoboknights, obviously, I sometimes play under different clan tags with them when they're online.  Since I've got this cool little clan going, I thought I'd open it up to any of...
  11. Acceptable to kick/ban imposters?

See this thread by HULKSMASH. While reading it, I was wondering what I would do as an admin if I ran into somebody who was a known imposter.  Would it be acceptable to kick/ban them, or does an admin not have any business protecting clans?
  12. [Suggestion] Make it impossible to damage people upon spawn

I am getting rather frustrated with losing half my health every other time I spawn in a melee FF server, thanks to some varlet swinging wildly at the start of the round.  Why not make it impossible to damage anybody (or even attack) for say, a 5 second period after spawning?  It would pretty...
  13. [Poll] Petition to raise banner limit cap

There have been many, many suggestions concerning raising the amount of banners, but up to now the devs have been fairly silent on the matter.  There have also been rumors that it is possible to mod around the cap, but nobody seems to know for sure.  I think this is something that's very...
  14. How awesome were the 90's? PRETTY AWESOME

TMNT!  Pokemon!  Looney Tunes!  Yessiree...growing up in the 90's was pretty awesome. Reminisce away.
  15. [Suggestion] New Melee FF Setting: Stun

I'm sure this has been suggested a lot before, but I have a feeling it was lost in the huge discussions about melee FF. For reasons stated in my thread in the Guildhall, I don't like melee FF, reflected or otherwise.  And there is a substantial portion of the community that shares my feelings. ...
  16. A Treatise on the Folly of Melee FF

Recently, the melee FF setting, in its various incarnations, has become very popular with the Warband community, and nearly every server uses them.  I’m sorry to say, I despise it.  Now, the reason I am posting this in the Guildhall and not as a beta suggestion is because I’m quite happy to have...
  17. Camels: A horse's worst nightmare?

We've all played the RTS games like AoE and the Total War series, and we've probably all noticed a common theme: camel-riding troops getting a bonus against normal cavalry.  The usual excuse for this feature is that the rancid smell -- and in some cases the bizzare look -- of the gangly...
  18. Favorite Warband Meme

In the spirit of McBeverage's thread in Fun Stuff, what are you favorite memes and inside jokes specifically from the Warband beta and forum community? I think there was a thread like this a long time ago, but it was a bit premature and died quickly. My favorites include the act of...
  19. Clan Match! Hoboknights vs. CoR (12/18 20:30 GMT) *DRAW*

Soon two titans of the Warband realm shall meet in glorious battle for the honor of both their peoples! The terms have already been decided.  A battle will be held on an EU server and a US server.  An overall win on each server is a victory.  The winner will be the victor on each server, or the...
  20. [Bug] Superjumping and warping

This is a difficult one to explain. Sometimes, if you jump just right on slopes, you will do a "superjump" that propels you much higher than a normal jump.  In the past, people used this bug to gain access to areas that should have been inaccessible (or to inadvertently commit suicide via...
Top Bottom