Search results

1. Response to messages about server crash exploit

I have been getting multiple private messages about players crashing servers by feeding invalid string tokens in to the local / faction / admin chat: this is not a bug caused by anything in PW, just a result of the M&B module system string composition functionality not being coded robustly, to...
  2. Links: unofficial open source code

These links are to topics containing the source code for unofficial feature additions or changes to the PW module system, that meet minimum standards of quality and testing. Punishments Manager (Name Server Addon) by Ra'Jiska
  3. Guide to features of Persistent World (incomplete)

Basic definitions and concepts escape menu: the main menu accessed by pressing the escape key. troop: otherwise known as player "class", defining certain stats for your character. scene: the game world, otherwise known as a "map" in other games. scene prop: an object placed in the scene by the...
  4. Mod List Info

Information for the Mount&Blade Mod List.
  5. MOVED: New PW Server Avalon_PW

This topic has been moved to Persistent World [M]. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=287988.0
  6. Request for testing PW with Warband 1.157

Since hardly anyone reads sticky topics, I'll repost this as a separate thread: it's rather unfortunate timing with my trip away, otherwise I would just do it myself.
  7. [Guide] Common Git repository operations

Read the Git installation and setup guide before following this one. This guide also uses Git Extensions for the examples; if you are using another Git client you will have to try convert the base concepts across. Opening the repository in Git Extensions: Start Git Extensions, then either...
  8. [Guide] Editing and building the module system

Install and set up a proper programming text editor: If you don't have one already, it is important to download a proper text editor for the module system rather than Notepad; there are many available to choose from, but this guide will use the popular "Notepad++" as an example. Get the...
  9. [Guide] Git command line aliases

The Git command line can be accessed under Windows Explorer with the "Git Bash" context menu entry, and from Git Extensions with the menu "Git -> Git bash" or Ctrl-G. You can shorten commonly used commands by adding aliases to the main configuration file, probably located at "C:\Users\your user...
  10. [Guide] Adding basic items and scene props

Adding a new mesh for an item or scene prop: [list type=decimal] Create or download the mesh, then import it into a .brf file in the module's "Resources" subdirectory, using OpenBRF. Refer to other guides for details: this board is a good place to start. Add the necessary texture files to the...
  11. [Guide] Installing and setting up Git

There are many different "front end" graphical user interfaces for Git to choose from, like the basic one that comes with it, "SmartGit", "TortiseGit", "GitHub for Windows", and more. This guide focuses on one called "Git Extensions" because it seems simple to set up, with a clear graphical user...
  12. Usage requirements and official guides

Requirements for use: Any code left over from the Native module system remains the property of TaleWorlds, with license or usage requirements not specified. The majority of the code is written for this mod, by Vornne (Steven Schwartfeger), with some inspiration from the Native code: the "legal"...
  13. Announcement: public module system release in one week (February 16th - 17th)

Ever since early in PW development there has been a vague intention to release the module system (source code) publicly for other people to try adding smaller features themselves, or to take the design in another direction not intended for the base mod. Since most of the main ideas of the...
  14. Regarding the sound bug in Warband 1.151

After some testing with the latest 1.151 release on current PW servers, it seems the main cause and fix for the sound problems is simply to make sure the "Disable Music" checkbox in the launcher is not enabled (or make sure rgl_config.txt has "disable_music = 0"), as other people on the main...
  15. Test EU_A_PW_Roleplay beta1 server

The EU_A_PW_Roleplay server is running a testing and debugging version of PW_4_beta1 for the spawn problem, so please as many players as possible at least just connect to it and report here if you still don't spawn. It's a server side patch, so you don't need to change anything.
  16. OSP Code Optimisation Small enhancement to the module system

One simple type of error that has wasted quite a bit of my time trying to debug is something like this:(try_begin),   ... (else_try),   ... (try_end),   ... (try_end),Where I have added an extra try block to the group but mistakenly used try_end instead of else try. Consistent indentation makes...
  17. Testing a possible optimization: all sounds converted to .wav format.

As some of you might know, xenoargh found that converting sounds from .ogg to .wav format increased the performance of his mod, which is probably because the uncompressed format uses less CPU power to play. I wondered if it would affect PW performance, since there are often many sounds playing...
  18. Request for comments: player stats chart change

The current player stats chart (shown when pressing tab) doesn't allow room for displaying more factions, which is the main thing holding back enabling more (as an option for scene creators), so it has been redesigned. A change of this sort is often controversial - though I only got a couple of...
  19. Scene creating and server hosting guides

Basic scene creation guide Setting up the terrain code should only be done before starting work on the scene; if you change it for a scene that already has terrain modifications, things might look messed up. Start native single player with edit mode enabled, load a game to the world map, and...
  20. Links for previous 3.x versions

To avoid confusion and make the stickied threads more relevant, I have unstickied or split all the threads related to the previous (3.5 and older) versions of PW, since the latest major version is an almost total rewrite. DOWNLOAD PREVIOUS VERSION v3.5B Changelist + History Original Thread -...
Top Bottom