Search results

1. Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.2

No we can not.

They may seem pointless to you now but implementing them the way they are, for now, will allow us to build the base for features like giving rewards for leveling, daily/weekly quests, tracking achievements per match or over time, creating timed events, having limited time rewards and many many more....

As I mentioned above, we will build the progression system piece by piece and this is merely the first piece of something much bigger.

I don't understand this. Who is requesting these features? What will MMO-style dailies add to Bannerlord matches? Is this what's holding up the release of dedicated servers?
  2. The M&B MP 'feel' from a veteran

+1 Taking cues from other medieval fighting games is a mistake.
  3. Ra - The Following

LETS GO
  4. [M] Progressive Native Mod (ProMod v1.4.5)

findecanno said:
    Needs more falchion.

All we have are the Rhodok knockoffs. Give Vaegirs their falchions back please.
  5. Beta Patch 1.157 - Patch pre-release! Steam release on Wednesday.

Lust apparently doesn't care what we think and is going to do what he thinks is best.

I really hope he's just taking the fall for some random TaleWorlds employee who's decided to **** around with the balance of a 3-year-old game rather than trying to push his own ideas of balance through. I'd think anyone who actually reads this thread would see enough to just leave well enough alone.
  6. Beta Patch 1.157 - Patch pre-release! Steam release on Wednesday.

He said that he wants to try to do a new thing in native MP where archers can be a little less aggressive, and infantry more because of it.

This game is three years old. It's a little bit late for that type of experimentation. Besides, that reasoning is from when athletics was getting reduced to near nothing. It's only getting reduced by one now, and lessening the effects of a bad idea rather than nixing it entirely makes little sense to me.

What athletics does is increase the rate at which you change speed.
    Weight is a kind of reverse that makes you accelerate or decelerate slower.

A higher athletics allows for better melee footwork, and less penalty from weight.
    An archer isn't supposed to specialize in any of those things. An archer provides ranged support.

Archers already have lower athletics, this already applies. Lessening it even more being a bad idea seems to be the general consensus.

I don't see what your problem is here. The nomad bow is second-lowest on the power spectrum for bows, and second highest at speed.
    So, they don't get short bows. High rate of fire is not the Vaegir archer's specialty. Range and power is their specialty.

Nomad bows are incredibly versatile - they work just fine from close to extreme ranges. Ignoring the fact that war bows cost 728 gold while the nomad bow is free, they're less effective at close ranges due to their speed and arguably not much if at all better than nomad bows at long ranges due to their inaccuracy.
  7. Beta Patch 1.157 - Patch pre-release! Steam release on Wednesday.

Captain Lust said:
    Azrooh said:
    Captain Lust said:
    And thus your credibility was lost.

Just a reminder that Vaegir Archers have Falchions in the latest patch. I gave them a fairly harmless speed boost to 98 as well (from 96).

I'm glad our community manager is so great that he resorts to ad hominems rather than answering concerns. Wonderful!
    Community Manager. Not robot.

Should not need to explain why having a range of bows is an advantage in some situations, especially when the extra bows shoot arrows faster, deal more damage and have less drop. I'll grant you they're not always better in every situation but it's a no-brainer that Vaegirs have a better choice of bows and it offers a potential benefit to them in the majority of situations.

Robot or not, ad hominem is bad. Professionalism and being a robot are not the same thing.

Larger choice of bows, sure. You said better bows as though the bigger bows are just straight-up better in every situation, and that's what I was replying to. They are all bigger bows, Vaegirs do not have a bow that shoots arrows faster than their base Nomad Bow which is also the most accurate of them all.
    Falchions are fair enough, they're essentially short scimitars with a bit less damage, it's not a huge change. But why is archer athletics still being reduced? You haven't answered anybody asking you that yet.
  8. Beta Patch 1.157 - Patch pre-release! Steam release on Wednesday.

Captain Lust said:
    And thus your credibility was lost.

Just a reminder that Vaegir Archers have Falchions in the latest patch. I gave them a fairly harmless speed boost to 98 as well (from 96).

I'm glad our community manager is so great that he resorts to ad hominems rather than answering concerns. Wonderful!
  9. Beta Patch 1.157 - Patch pre-release! Steam release on Wednesday.

Captain Lust said:
    findecanno said:
    Is there a reason Vaegirs archers lose access to swords, and get a free club, while Sarranid archers still get a free sword and the option to buy a scimitar?
    Cause Vaegirs have better bows, higher ranged stats, faster access to heavy horses, Elite Scimitars for their infantry.

Better bows? They're less accurate, slower, and their arc is different enough from the nomad bow to throw your aim off. They're pretty terrible.

These nerfs to archers are totally unnecessary, and I'm really not sure why you're insisting on carrying on with them. Really it seems like you're just doing it to spite everyone at this point.

Those spiked clubs? Last I checked those things were barely capable of not wiffing against armor due to 21p being pathetic damage. If I remember correctly, pierce damage has more difficulty with wiffs than blunt, so everyone's best off upgrading to the club after that.

19. 19p.
  10. LETHOLDUS, THE MONTAGE

CoolMB said:
    **FIXED**

Aspect Ratio is fine now Azrooh...your highness

Aww yeah.
  11. LETHOLDUS, THE MONTAGE

CoolMB said:
    Mad Dawg said:
    Azrooh said:
    oh god what happened to the aspect ratio my eyes please help
    oh god, someone who knows what aspect ratio is.  no!!
    **** THE ASPECT RATIO! I PLAY BY MY OWN RULES

Your way gives me eyestrain. That makes me sad, Leth.
    Maybe I just wasn't meant to handle this video.
  12. LETHOLDUS, THE MONTAGE

oh god what happened to the aspect ratio my eyes please help
  13. Beta Patch 1.157 - Patch pre-release! Steam release on Wednesday.

[M] said:
    Relm said:
    Nerfing an entire class just to change the competitive metagame is idiotic.
    It's for public. Very few people in the top teams want that change.

Captain Lust said:
    I've said one thing and some people seem to have read another. I'm not trying to see tactical play punished... obviously not. What sort of unbelievable idiot would think that's a good idea? There's no reason to assume I did or would want to do that.

What I think this patch might do is make it harder for aggressive play to be easily punished by quickly opening up crossfires. I'm not saying that opening up crossfires to punish misplaced aggression is a bad thing (that's not a sentence I should have to write). What I am saying is that I think right now it's too easy and aggression is too punishable. I feel like, most of the time, teams can spread out too thinly without much cost or risk. What I think might be more interesting, from a tactical perspective, is a situation where you can trade off having your archers in perhaps worse positions for a stalemate shootout flagwait that are potentially more useful if your opponent starts moving towards you, or better positions for a stalemate shootout flagwait that are somewhat harder to reconfigure if you want to create a crossfire around an approaching apponent.

That's an example I have in my head. I think these changes would probably have other interesting effects that make it more difficult for archer heavy teams to adapt to movement of the opposite team, thereby being more rewarding for teams that can pull it off well. Bear in mind this is completely relative. I think these concepts exist already, I just believe reducing the movement speed of archers will exagerrate the concepts and it'll have a directly beneficial impact on the tactical potential of the game.

Everything I have seen that Lust has posted about the archer nerf has to do with competitive play, not public. It's a terrible idea either way.
  14. Beta Patch 1.157 - Patch pre-release! Steam release on Wednesday.

Le Roux said:
    I still hope the stat changes don't come through, I agree with most of the money changes though.

I think that's on everyone's minds. Get rid of the stat changes, fix the short spears, and get rid of the stupid turning speed limitation and I'll be totally satisfied with this patch. Fix archers in a way that makes sense.
  15. Hello, and welcome to me!

Comrade Temuzu said:
    Stop posting Azrooh, you were supposed to fix the raw hides in PF, but you didnt, so now I have to work on the scene longer. :mad:

Man, I haven't touched PW in over a year, I didn't even know it had hunting.
    i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg
  16. Hello, and welcome to me!

what is
    i don't even
    This thread is strange.
  17. Snoop's checklist

findecanno said:
    35. Go mountain climbing with Beer.

JmrKH.jpg

Damnit Beer.
  18. Snoop's checklist

1. Get TK'd on GK siege.
    2. Create a smurf to use when you're playing badly.
    3. Make a 2 hander rage quit by using archery or throwing weapons then say GF.
    4. Ensure that you get banned from POM at least once.
    5. Become an admin and then abuse the **** out of your power.
    6. Start a tournament and pretend you are European.
    7. Grab your clanmates and poll ban a nub.
    8. Make a ban appeal and say your little brother did it.
    9. Ask for duels when no one is left alive on your team in battle.
    10. Run naked through the map and type in all caps "LOL" and pretend that everyone else thinks it's funny as well.
    11. When you die, be sure to type in chat "well, this is a ****ty map."
    12. Glitch a map.
    13. Complain about someone glitching.
    14. Rage on a confirmation of Xenak's Theory of Archer Escalation
    15. Say "bull****" to yourself 76 times during an event.
    16. Only pussies use shields. Make sure you let the entire server know that.
    17. Say fag as many times as possible during one of your sessions. Yeah, work that in there.
    18. Create a shield wall with your clan and expect it work. Be confident here.
    19. Use Napoleonic war tactics in your new native clan and say "wtf" when you lose the round.
    20. Ask native players to join your regiment, constantly.
    21. Kill Snopp.
    22. Join TS and annoy the **** out of everyone.
    23. Fight in Dave's Dojo.
    24. Blame your ping.
    25. Lead a pickup while you're drunk.
    26. Lead a pickup while you're Letholdus.

I thought I was doing pretty well until the end. How do I score?
  19. MP Musket Era Modern Secession - The American Civil War (Reviving)

Cool! Let me know if you run into issues with a script or need to get in touch with one of Secession's contributors to obtain a resource. I can help.
Top Bottom