I guess I can post some feedback here on the current version? Then here are some things which I'd like to point out:
- Illica Falki Questline - the Drachen Army did not spawn for me, at least I've searched around the area of Voldeberg and Drachen quite a bit and still haven't found it. I took the quest when the town was under Drachen control still if that makes any difference.
- The Dueler Questline - when I went to receive the final reward, I could repeat the dialogue and farm exp (2000xp reward) indefinitely. I did this a few times to test and it is an easy way to cheat. The person disappears after exiting the tavern though. Correct me if I'm wrong on this one because I can't rely on my memory 100%, although I remember the reward was 2000 exp from completing the dialogue.
- Third Legion Questline - after they have returned to their capital, and set up their own kingdom, they have +3000 soldiers in the town, but this amount dwindles away to +1000 quite quickly (same with Zann towns really), being an easy target to a steamrolling kingdom. Maybe something can be done to maintain a high garrison number, and protect this particularly weak kingdom, in the likely late-game scenario.
- Sidherton Geldar Questline - so in this quest, maybe I'm a total noob, but he only has 'exhaustive' dialogue lines for some reason, now that I went to see him later as a king. It seems as though I'm not able to complete his questline, even though I have not started it. I joined the Elintoran kingdom early on so maybe that had something to do with it. I could not take the quest when I was a vassal for their kingdom, and when the town was controlled by Zann also, although this could be an interesting alternative for completing the quest, reclaiming the town from the Zann Dynasty for the Elintoran/Geldar Elves.
- Remus Questline - I have spoken more than 100 times with different travelers, but unfortunately I have not been able to progress with the quest. Any help? I have completed all the necessary steps until now.
- Could you add a feature, so that you can choose your religion when you start a new game and have it adopted as your kingdom's religion when you start your own kingdom?
- Also considering all the CTDs and the like, have you thought about making a basic version of the game, where there is a lesser number of items, etc. to eliminate factors that are likely to cause CTDs? Maybe I'm asking too much, but such a version could i.e. contain existing minor factions in the place of the dwarves and the giants, for example, if this kind of resolution solves anything.
- Concerning the Galwe Royal Engineer - have you considered making a questline to access his troops, instead of having to be stuck with the Tolranian culture when the faction has already been obliterated?
- Forde - rescue prisoner bug? - not sure if this is just my issue, but when the Elitoran and Maccavia were at war, I went there to attempt to rescue the Maccavian prisoners, without having any conflicts with either kingdom, besides having negative relations with the King. I tried to rescue the Maccavian Queen & King from the prison, but both times they turned hostile against me and the guards as well. Also when initiating the prison break, after pressing the option with the guard, the Elintoran guards started attacking the civilians on sight and killed them.
Some feedback on the code:
- The basic Diplomacy mod has a built-in framework, as I understood from reading others' feedback as well, to make it slightly harder to form pacts with kingdoms whose fiefs your kingdom has. This could be perhaps changed to only regard the center as part of their kingdom, or could this alter how they act towards other kingdoms when it comes to maintaining their kingdom's internal territory?
- Again with the Diplomacy mod - could you make it available so that you can give a fief to a defeated kingdom, in order to restore them back from the 'defeated' status perhaps? It would be interesting to see this kind of feature so that you can have some allies due to the handicaps of the Diplomacy mod itself. Maybe this is difficult due to the code, but worth testing maybe
Apologies about the stream of complaining, overall everything was wonderful, once I figured out a way to reduce the rate of CTDs, but not having solved the issue completely though (have to experiment more, tried most available methods). Previously the rate of CTDs was about once in everyone 15-20 minutes, now I can manage for over an hour (victory sound intensifies).
BTW I know some of these belong to the Bug reports thread (+discussion& suggestings) but just wanted to ask here since I may have some problem on my end which is causing the irregularities. I can move the message there if you feel it is more convenient.