Search results

1. Captured Joe

Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

I didn't think the day would come when I wholeheartedly agree with you. Where's your conservative anti-communism bias? :smile:
    It's still very much alive, there's plenty of real horrible things both the Nazis and Commies did for me to hate em.
  2. Captured Joe

All in all - video games teaching history. I'm still uneasy about the idea.
    Better get used to it, this is the reality we're living in right now. And there is lots of potential, too, but unfortunately most games just stick to the same old Saving Private Ryan storyline.

Also LOL at that resistance game set in Germany of all places. Those who know me are probably tired of hearing this, but WW2 Yugoslavia resistance game please?

Oh well at least we got a Warsaw Uprising game already...
  3. Captured Joe

and I may be misremembering but there were some scenes of civilian murder straight out of Come and See.
    You're remembering correctly, but it's arguably worse. In one mission you, a Soviet officer, are tasked with dousing wheat fields and peasant houses with gasoline fumes and then setting them on fire with flamethrowers, while your own troops are still fighting in those fields and the houses are occupied with Russian civilians. Then the Commissar praises you for doing a good job while your own men burn to death.

The Germans are never shown committing any warcrimes by the way, they are only implied.

This is what makes CoH2 such a disgusting example of historical revisionism by the way. It is clearly catering to Wehraboos by portraying the Red Army as pure evil and the Wehrmacht as ambiguous at worst.

Also I'm not a fan of Communism, and yes the Red Army did horrible warcrimes, but this game just invents whole new ones which are cartoonishly evil while not showing any of the horrors inflicted on the Soviet population by the Germans.
  4. Captured Joe

I wonder how much Clean Wehrmacht will be in this one?
    Well they get the chance to do both Rommel and Kesselring, so 200% at least
  5. Captured Joe

Random Media v.4 (Comedy Optional, Interesting Optional)

An Austro-Hungarian četa? Strange.
  6. Captured Joe

Iron Chieftain: Simulated RTS and Citybuilder

I'm pretty sure the overheating of my laptop comes from the game loading in those giant ass meshes instead.
  7. Captured Joe

Iron Chieftain: Simulated RTS and Citybuilder

Another Docm30 l'agile scam
  8. Captured Joe

What made you awestruck or astonished today?

Congratulations Kurczak!
  9. Captured Joe

TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Time to to rape the concept of a British politician, murder it, dissolve it in acid and turn it into a nuclear wasteland.
    As good a time as any
  10. Captured Joe

This looks like it has potential

Cautiously optimistic rather than exited (please don't suck, it's an interesting setting and premise)
  11. Captured Joe

TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

We need the Kingdom of Yugoslavia back.
  12. Captured Joe

What's on your mind?

Uh yeah...that sounds....so bad?
    It's actually way worse. It is the systematic repression of important information, not just to journalists but to the actual government as well. It is the way the Toeslagenaffaire, the huge schandal that led directly to the fall of the previous Rutte government, has been covered up and lied about to parliament, the public and everyone for a decade, destroying God knows how many lives in the meantime. It is the empty promises of change which are typically broken within a week in an astonishingly cynical and arrogant manner (hier schijden onze wegen). It is the way parliament is kept in the dark about what is going on while the pro-Rutte media gets that info "leaked" to them a day beforehand. It is shady deals between parties to silence politicians in the ruling parties who dare criticize their policies, sidelining them even when they get more votes than the party's Lijsttrekker (Pieter Omtzicht, functie elders). It is the braindead way the Corona crisis is being handled from the start, with constant lies about how many people actually get vaccinated and with restrictios being placed and lifted not based on scientific recommendations, but based on how well it would be received by the public. Everything is completely corrupt and I hate it.
  13. Captured Joe

What's on your mind?

I find myself getting actual respect for the Erdoganist Party of the Netherlands. I honestly would take Direct Rule from Ankara over another year of Rutte Doctrine...
  14. Captured Joe

What made you sad today? v.IV

The site of Milan-Mica Petrovic stopped working... 😭
  15. Captured Joe

corona? :(

I'm glad to see you're not completely assimilated!
  16. Captured Joe

Armenian Genocide (?)

I'm OK with carrying all arguments to universal/valuable court. If you have arguments go for it. Lets see the truth.

But, are you sure you want that? Will you do same thing for all arguments?
    &
    What will you do if the truth is applying the argument positively(genocide is there)?
    &
    Do you bring arguments to court for goodness of humanity/preventing futurewar crimes?

Joe?
    I am not sure what the question here is... You're looking for my arguments? Well:
    The Seyfo or Sayfo (Syriac: ܣܝܦܐ‎ [ˈsajfoʔ] lit. 'sword'; see below), also known as the Assyrian genocide or the Syriac-Aramean Genocide, was the mass slaughter and deportation of Syriac Christians (mostly belonging to the Syriac Orthodox Church, Church of the East, or Chaldean Catholic Church) in eastern regions of the Ottoman Empire, and neighbouring regions of Persia, committed by Ottoman troops and some Kurdish tribes during the World War I. Considered a genocide by several scholars, it occurred concurrently with the Armenian and Greek genocides.
    According to historian David Gaunt, a primary characteristic was the total targeting of the Assyrian population, including farming villages as well as rebelling mountain tribes. The killing in rural regions was more extensive, while some survived the massacres in cities; Gaunt states that this indicates that a primary aim was the confiscation of land. The property, villages and animals of the villagers were destroyed totally to prevent their return. Gaunt states that organized troops were tasked with killing and expelling Assyrians in Hakkari and Ottoman-controlled parts of Persia, as well as resisting villages. There were also deportations of Assyrians.
    Percy Sykes, a British officer in Persia, wrote that the Assyrians would have been exterminated if they had not fled to Persia. However, starvation, disease and fatigue cost the lives of 65,000 more Assyrians on their way to Persia or once they had arrived there, according to Christoph Baumer.
    According to a German military attaché, the Ottoman minister of war Ismail Enver had declared in October 1915 that he wanted to "solve the Greek problem during the war … in the same way he believe[d] he solved the Armenian problem", referring to the Armenian genocide. Germany and the Ottoman Empire were allies immediately before, and during, World War I. By 31 January 1917, the Chancellor of Germany Theobald von Bethmann-Hollweg reported that:

The indications are that the Turks plan to eliminate the Greek element as enemies of the state, as they did earlier with the Armenians. The strategy implemented by the Turks is of displacing people to the interior without taking measures for their survival by exposing them to death, hunger, and illness. The abandoned homes are then looted and burnt or destroyed. Whatever was done to the Armenians is being repeated with the Greeks.
    — Chancellor of Germany in 1917, Theobald von Bethmann-Hollweg, The Killing Trap: Genocide in the Twentieth Century
    When even your military allies acknowledge you're commiting several genocides while still at war...

All of this is very easy to find, by the way. Maybe not in Turkey though! If you wish I can also take the effort to quote non-Wikipedia sources like historian Misha Glenny (who also documents ethnic conflicts in the Balkans in an impressively impartial manner).
  17. Captured Joe

Armenian Genocide (?)

Also, dont forget, there is not only armanien genocide arguments.
    There is also Assyrian genocide and ethnic cleansing of Greeks, yes.
Top Bottom