Search results

1. Aeronwen

[BEAST 6] Division A - Weekly Matchups

Seems like post #4 is not updated yet
    if I missed it it will be done in the weekend round up - no biggie
  2. Aeronwen

Abuse of the votekicking system needs serious attention

Are you crazy? By what right do you decide who gets to play publics and who doesn't? I really find it incredible you don't take a second to imagine what it would be like if you started the game right now with no prior experience, and got matched with absolute clowns like yourself. Imagine paying money for this game only to be smacked with a sign that reads "YOU NEED TO BE AT LEAST THIS BIG TO GO ON TCV'S RIDE".

Lack of competitive presence has clearly rotted your brain. How about you return to Beast? You guys can start votekicking each other there to decide who is "prolly going to be useless" for playing against actual teams.

Exactly this.
    Abusing the kick vote system disincentivises people who are learning the game. There is no circumstance in which it is not a pathetic thing to do.
  3. Aeronwen

[BEAST 6] Division E - week 4

Hawkband vs Refesesesesferes sunday at 18:00 BST (19.09.2021)
    VW T vs OD this Sunday (19.09.2021) at 18:00 GMT.
    noted ty
  4. Aeronwen

[BEAST 6] Division C - Weekly Matchups

High Five 10 (3) - (1) 6 The Resolute

VYyZx.png
    ECVpH.jpg
    XSACp.jpg
    LJKrd.jpg

Match Confirmed

Roster updated, OP updated, div updated
  5. Aeronwen

DR 9 - 6 SGM
    unknown.png

unknown.png
    unknown.png

unknown.png

Match Confirmed

roster updated, OP updated, div updated
  6. Aeronwen

[BEAST 6] Division D - Weekly Matchups

VW V 12 - 2 IPL

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Match Confirmed

RS won vs Div
    10-4
    unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Thanks4game guys, It's a pity i didnt participate

Match Confirmed

7. Aeronwen

Revised promotion and Semi Finals

I think a month sounds about right as Tryerror says.

I suppose ideal scenario would be something like:

BEAST
    Knockout Tournament
    BEAST
    Scramble Tournament
    BEAST
    Nations Cup
    BEAST
    Knockout Tournament

and so on. That way instead of enforced breaks teams can chose to skip tournaments and not risk their league position. Finding people capable and willing to organise the tournaments for a calendar like this is obviously challenging however.
    Do you think is the game is ready for a serious KO tournament?
    If you do and you run it I'm in ^^

also are you talking 4 weeks after the ladder or 4 weeks after the final (6 weeks for most teams)?
  8. Aeronwen

[BEAST 6] Division B - Weekly Matchups

noted ty
  9. Aeronwen

VW V vs IPL Thursday 16/09 19:00 UTC
    noted ty
  10. Aeronwen

I don't see many options for reducing or increasing the number of weeks the tournament takes. But one option could be to shedule matches not based on weeks, but on days. This is what you see in tournaments of top-level sports worldwide too, where some teams have to sometimes play two matches in one week. An option could be to give teams a five days time range in which the match needs to be played. One major factor will be availability of players throughout the week, since the majority of matches are played in the weekend. This could be researched using a survey to see how viable this is. If this is not possible, I don't see many options considering every team should play every team. There is not much room to reduce this. Regarding the break, I believe that three weeks is enough. I personally don't think there will be many teams that want a two-month break for example. I also think three weeks is a good middle ground between both sides, prove me wrong.
    We have had tournaments (in Warband) where some teams at some times are asked to play more than one match a week. Given that even with one match a week teams often cannot agree on a match time and date you can imagine how that is magnified for more than one match per week. These petty disputes are what takes up most of an admins time and energy I am not up for increasing the problem.

Also can we stop using top level sports as a comparison? I am pretty sure that if teams were getting top level sports prize money they would turn up when told and if admins were getting top level sports pay there would be more of us and w would have more time to give but none of that is the case.

The only reduction (and I favour this but so far have been in the minority) is to require all promo/final matches to be played over one weekend. That means a very few teams will potentially play a match on Saturday and anther on Sunday. They would have to forfeit if they didn't turn up though.

Regarding breaks: Are we talking three weeks altogether or do those 3 weeks begin after the final is played? Because I doubt teams that have 7 weeks of fixtures would appreciate a single week break.

ye, my idea was 3 weeks from the end of the ladder. (more if another tournament turns up ofc)

that would mean most teams have a 3 week break, a few teams have a 2 week break and a very few teams have break match break and one or two teams (the most competitive) have a one week break.

Clearly there is a potential problem here.
  11. Aeronwen

The new concept has my support and I am also in favor of playing every week. I enjoy these competitive matches and I will be present if I can. However, the health of the community could be better in terms of playerbase and if any clan has trouble finding enough people on consecutive weeks then that is understandable. My suggestion would be to reach a consencus between the two and make it not too short but also not too long, so that both sides are catered to.

I believe the question we are debating now is:
    'What number of weeks is not too short and not too long'

you may have noticed that no-one (yet) has been brave enough to attempt an answer.
  12. Aeronwen

BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

Please note that the rules on promotion have been updated to add the extra matches as detailed here and the rules on tiebreaker maps have been updated bans and picks will now be from all 5 maps and the unused map will be the tie breaker.
  13. Aeronwen

[BEAST 6] Rules and Regulations

§ 20 Tie Breaker

changed from:
    (2) The tiebreaker has to be played on Town Outskirts. A faction will be randomly selected from the list in Appendix B, and mirrored for both teams and posted by the admins in advance. The format will be one set, with the winner of the set taking the overall victory.
    changed to:
    (2) The tiebreaker has to be played on the map not used in the ban/pick session. A faction will be randomly selected from the list in Appendix B, and mirrored for both teams and posted by the admins in advance. The format will be one set, with the winner of the set taking the overall victory.
  14. Aeronwen

[BEAST 6] Division C - Weekly Matchups

High Five vs The Resolute will be played on Thursday at 18GMT
    Deutschritter Superbia vs High Five MatadoR will be played on sunday at 19 BST (18 GMT).
    Makeup match: APE vs Resolute will be Saturday at 19 BST

APE vs BT will be Sunday at 19 BST
    noted ty
  15. Aeronwen

French Classico / Restitutor Orbis vs 14e La Rose Ardente Sunday 20:30 BST
    noted ty
  16. Aeronwen

📽️[BEAST 6] Streams and VoDs

I forgot to record the first round. And I recorded the last set from streaming on discord. It was a low quality, but high quality match.

Note: We were amazed by Bard's Counter Strike eco tactic :smile:))

Thanks, added to the OP
  17. Aeronwen

We (DR vs. SGM) agreed on thursday (16.09) 19 BST
    noted ty

thanks for posting the difficulty early, glad it was resolved
  18. Aeronwen

[BEAST 6] Division B - Weekly Matchups

KW vs VW Sunday 20:00 CEST
    MoB vs BRO Saturday 20.00 CEST
    noted ty
  19. Aeronwen