Search results

1. MightyMidgit

Marriageable Freedom, Romancing, Courtship, and Family: a complete love-life and progeny overhaul suggestion

Arranging marriages of your offspring and family is a core element of Medieval diplomacy and a keystone of dynastic dreams.

Fiefs should transfer with kin unless the nations culture/laws say otherwise. I was disappointed to find out, after hunting down and personally executing every Vlandian Lord that their lands did not transfer to me. I married the Vlandian Kings eldest daughter and killed all her brothers, sister and father --- aaand all ALL vlandian lords only to see the kingship and lands be given to the king of the desert. Why does he get them? I have no idea.

I know there is a lot of ground to cover in development and I'm sorry if this exact topic is addressed somewhere else or in the road map. But please, please implement arranged marriage and code to facilitate the transfer of fiefs upon death. Whether those fiefs go to the next eldest son or so on. This will help stitch together a fabric of reality that can be historically manipulated.
    The transfer of fiefs upon death is a brilliant idea which seems more like an oversight that should have been in the game already. I can understand in cases where fiefs are granted by the lord, and so the lord gets to pick who inherits them should the owner die, but for cases where the lord dies or in cultures where succession of fief ownership is hereditary (or if there is no one else from the faction to inherit them), it should fall to the next in line or nearest kin. They shouldn't completely change to another random factions. In the least, they should become independent until someone conquers them.
  2. MightyMidgit

The Reason for Our Latest Big Wait

As a programmer myself, I can guess it's most likely option 2.
  3. MightyMidgit

About that default horse color

You can simply modify the XML file for your horse of choice to make it all black.
  4. MightyMidgit

What's the One Thing Now that would Reignite Your Passion and Interest in the Game?

Randomized terrain for battles. I know they are planning on making more battlefield scenes, but there are only about 20 of them whereas in Warband, there were unlimited unique battlefields. Each battle was different and posed different challenges. That was one of the best parts of all previous M&B games! That NEEDS to come back!
  5. MightyMidgit

Resolved General Mod Tools Launcher Crashes Immediately on Launch (I have tried EVERYTHING)

msvcp120.dll is for Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable. You need to download and install the x64 version of it.
    Thanks! That worked!
  6. MightyMidgit

Resolved General Mod Tools Launcher Crashes Immediately on Launch (I have tried EVERYTHING)

Can you try launching the game through here?
    E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_wEditor\Bannerlord.Native.exe
    We suspect there are some system DLLs missing. You will be able to see which ones are missing through launching here.

Got some system errors:
    • VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. (appeared twice)
    • MSVCP140.dll was not found.
    Both of these DLLs are connected with the Visual C++ Redistributable. I tried a repair and restart of of my Visual C++, but that did not help. I then tried providing the missing DLL files directly and got the following error: "The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b)." This error is usually caused by mixing x86/x64/x32 architectures (I have run into this in the past with other applications). I had the x86 architecture for Visual C++, so I switched to the x64. This removed the former errors but gave new system errors:
    • MSVCP120.dll was not found. (appeared twice)
    Adding that dll directly to the Win64_Shipping_wEditor folder did not seem to have any effect.

Anyway, that's as far as I got. "msvcp120.dll" seems to be the only problematic DLL remaining. Any clues on how to handle it?
  7. MightyMidgit

Cannot Launch Modding Tools (I have tried EVERYTHING)

Make sure the install path is the same as your bannerlord folder. It uses the same resources as the game and installing it onto a different drive or folder doesn't work.
    Both are on the same SSD and are installed in the same location (path). Second bullet I listed of things I have tried/checked. Thanks, though.
  8. MightyMidgit

Awkward Companions

The companions should come with base level skills so you can mold them into the type of help you want. I have reset my game so many times hoping for a Vlandian scouting companion I lost count.
    I think there should be more companions that you can shape as you want, but at the same time, many players use leveled companions to give them a quick boost early game. With death enabled, players might not want to have to re-level companions that have died as well.

I agree with the OP that there should be more intelligence with companion randomization, that way there are leveled companions that make sense with their skills for those who want them.

I also think that companions should level at a much faster rate than your character. I got to level 35 in my most recent game, and one companion that I have had from the beginning that started at level 9 is only level 14, and that is with me TRYING to level him (he originally started as a bodyguard/scout for me, but now I just use him for his scouting level because he is more useless than my own troops for anything else...).
  9. MightyMidgit

Already installed. I tried reinstalling and repairing, and neither worked.
  10. MightyMidgit

Wouldn't it be cool if there were Bandit Lords?

Prophesy of Pendor had this, and it was amazing. If you and other lords left bandit groups alone for too long, a bandit lord spawns that can have an army as large as 1000 or even 2000 in late game with the ability to beseige cities (can't claim them, but if they win, they DECIMATE that city's economy).
  11. MightyMidgit

Best to raise a bug report as normal advice hasn't worked https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/bug-crash-reports.784/
    Thanks. Already have (have not heard back yet). I still have this thread open in the chance that someone comes along with a solution.
  12. MightyMidgit

Strange, I load the tools via Bannerlord - Mod tools (downloaded in steam tools) and then at the game menu you can choose editor.
    You can choose editor or press CTRL+E. Either way, it should open the editor. My problem is that the game doesn't launch, so it never gets to that menu.
  13. MightyMidgit

Just me or are the graphics really ugly on some maps in daytime in this new patch 1.5.4 ?

You are not the only one who noticed a difference. I did as well. It seems like they are playing with lighting. It was jarring at first for me because I was not expecting it, but it grew on me after a while, because in some aspects, it did add a little realism to the lighting instead of making all the color/lighting static like it was before. It definitely needs some tweaks, without a doubt, but I feel it is a step in the right direction.
  14. MightyMidgit

This is not a crash report so much as it is a plea for technical support in preventing the game from crashing. Summary: I have been trying and trying to get the modding tools to launch, but I can't seem to get it to work. From my understanding (and the instructions devs gave here), you are...
  15. MightyMidgit

You don't start a game in the Tools. At the game menu you use Ctrl E to open the editor.
    I know that. What I am saying is that it doesn't even get to the game menu. I can launch the regular game fine, and pressing CTRL+E in the main menu does nothing. From my understanding, you are supposed to launch the game through the tool's launcher, and once it reaches the game menu, you press CTRL+E to open the editor. My problem is that the game doesn't even get to that point. The game doesn't even launch. It crashes immediately.
  16. MightyMidgit

The tool do not works with beta version of the game. Might be your issue.
    I am not using beta. Both versions match.
  17. MightyMidgit

Cannot Launch Mod Tools (I have tried EVERY solution that has worked for everyone else)

I have been trying and trying to get the modding tools to launch, but I can't seem to get it to work. From my understanding, you are supposed to launch the game through the tool's launcher and press CTRL+E in the main game menu (when running the regular game, CTRL+E does nothing on the game...
  18. MightyMidgit

I have been trying and trying to get the modding tools to launch, but I can't seem to get it to work. From my understanding, you are supposed to launch the game through the tool's launcher and press CTRL+E in the main game menu (when running the regular game, CTRL+E does nothing on the game...
  19. MightyMidgit

Modding Tools Beta

tried to validate the files of both the game and modding tools? maybe something got corrupted, also try to completely remove your mods if you have any
    I have no mods active and have verified both game and tool files. Both are on the same SSD in the same location. Both are using the same versions. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling both.
Top Bottom