Search results

1. Ringwraith #5

Grand Theft Auto V

K-64 said:
    Ringwraith #5 said:
    It's the the tool of a cretin

So unless the definition of cretin has changed to mean "Wonderful person of great glory as befitting a wondrous being as K-64", I think that suffices. It's nice to have you beg for me though. Not enough people do that.

cre·tin
    ˈkrētn/Submit
    noun
    noun: cretin; plural noun: cretins
    informaloffensive
    a stupid person (used as a general term of abuse).
    MEDICINEdated
    a person who is deformed and mentally handicapped because of congenital thyroid deficiency.

That's the definition of "cretin", you ****ing cretin. I don't see a word about the person's skill at video game racing anywhere in it. If you can find a reference for a definition of the word "cretin" that does include that... actually I'm not even going to bother finishing that sentence. Of course you can't find that, because that doesn't exist.

**** it. **** this. **** you. **** this forum and every single one of its braindead inhabitants. I try to teach you something you don't understand and I get scorn and ridicule for thanks. I don't ****ing need this in my life. I hereby declare that this account is a sockpuppet of Erwin, banned in 2008, who was a sockpuppet of Sordid Sinister, banned in 2007. Here's a bigger version of Erwin's avatar, drawn by me, to prove it.

pYQOxj1.jpg

Once again, **** you all. Especially you, mods. You banned me twice for things I didn't ****ing do, and I ****ing told you back then you can only ban an account, not a person. You laughed at me. Well here I ****ing am! I was ****ing right, so suck my cock. And you know what? I was actually really proud of being an upstanding member of the TW community who never received even a warning before I received that first unjustified ban. And as I'm sure you can tell from my record, I didn't really give a **** as Ringwraith. So in the end your inept attempts at moderating the forum had a completely opposite effect and transformed someone who was proud of being well-behaved into, well, me. So good ****ing job, you morons. Now you get to ban me for something I actually did do. I'm ****ing done.
  2. Ringwraith #5

Grand Theft Auto V

K-64 said:
    saying I'm a bad man for doing things perfectly within the confines of the game

I'm sorry, I just can't resist. Again, QUOTE ME WHERE I SAID THAT. I. Did. Not. Say. That. Learn to read plain English, I beg you!
  3. Ringwraith #5

Grand Theft Auto V

K-64 said:
    So you're saying I have to adhere to some ridiculous code of honour or something even if it's a full-contact race? And you call me stupid?
    Well gee, am I saying that? Maybe you should read my post and see if you can find an instance of me saying that. Go ahead, quote me where I said that. Oh, that's right, you can't. Because I didn't say that. That's it, this is the last straw. I tell you to not come up with stupid arguments and you vomit out a straw man the size of ****ing Godzilla. I don't even care if you're doing it on purpose or if you're just mentally incapable of comprehending plain English. Conversation's over.
  4. Ringwraith #5

Grand Theft Auto V

K-64 said:
    So I give a proper response, and you're only reply is "no u"? Nice. Real nice.
    The problem with your response is that it is refuted by the points you posted it in response to. Learn elementary logic, that's all I have to say about that. What you're doing is the conversational equivalent of ramming. I very carefully lay out my argument and you think you refute it just by saying "everyone can ram so it's fair". I'm sorry, but that doesn't refute the point I made. I already addressed that in the very post you responded to.

I said I wouldn't repeat myself, but I see I have no choice. Very well, I will spell it out. Again. Yes, it would be fair if there were only two people in the face. You get rammed and passed, you ram and pass to get back where you were. There's an equilibrium. But most of the time there aren't only two people, there's anywhere from five to fifteen. Therefore, being rammed means you lose about ten places. Ramming means you (maybe) gain one place, then immediately lose it again when you get rammed by the cretin you just passed at the next corner. Being rammed is unavoidable and it means you've lost, and no amount of subsequent ramming on your part will reverse that and assure victory (in contrast to skilled driving, which is the only determining factor in non-contact races without traffic). Now do you get it? If you answer no or continue to argue using stupid, already refuted points, I'm going to assume you're either really unable to understand it or trolling, in either case there will be no point in continuing to talk to you.
  5. Ringwraith #5

Grand Theft Auto V

I already explained it in as simple and easy to digest English as I could muster. I'm not going to repeat myself. Feel free to keep re-reading that post until it gets through. If you have any actual rebuttals to the points I made, please, share. "No it isn't" doesn't cut it, I'm afraid.
  6. Ringwraith #5

Grand Theft Auto V

Um, except for the fact that there aren't any races that involve both motorbikes and insurgents. I think it's pretty obvious why people are against ramming. It's the the tool of a cretin, which the cretin uses to sabotage the better player. You're skilled. You get a perfect turbo start, you ace the first few corners, and you're leading the pack. A sharp turn is coming up. At this point you have two options:

Option A, you brake for the corner and take the ideal line to keep your lead. The cretin behind you, not knowing how to drive, piles right into the back of you and sends you (and possibly himself) off the track. You're now last, and you have to battle your way up through about a dozen cretins to get back in the lead. Which you can't, because as soon as you pass one, you're once again in front of a cretin and you're going to get rammed off the track again at the next corner. You have now lost the race.

Option B, you take the corner wide, knowing that there are cretins behind you aiming to ram you. In this case you get passed by half the pack and rammed by the other half anyway, because they're cretins who don't know how to drive and they're taking the corner wide even though they don't need to because they're at the back of the pack with nobody behind them. You're now last, etc., etc., you have now lost the race.

It's a no-win situation. Skill is completely irrelevant in standard races, victory is determined purely by whether you happen to come out of a collision better than the person who collided with you and whether the people ahead of you happen to ram each other out of your way or into your way. Or to put it another way, there's a very good reason why in real motorsport intentionally ramming other racers gets you disqualified.

As for people getting mad about it over voice chat, yeah, that is pretty pathetic, I'll give you that. The correct response is to host your own races and set them to non-contact, thereby depriving the cretins of their only tool and assuring easy victory.
  7. Ringwraith #5

Grand Theft Auto V

Well I tried several times and the parachute wasn't there. My dude would assume the freefall posture, but the parachute wouldn't open. I can't tell you any more than that. :neutral:
  8. Ringwraith #5

Grand Theft Auto V

Jhessail said:
    Duh, that would cut into their DLC profits.
    What DLC profits? There's no paid DLC for GTA5, all the additional content they released is free. The only thing you can buy is currency, which you don't need to do because it's stupidly easy to get by grinding the last heist and there's almost nothing to buy with it anyway. I actually wouldn't mind dropping a couple of dollars to get that seaplane that's exclusive to players who own the game on both old and new systems, but sadly that's not an option.

On a completely unrelated note, remember when I said this?

Ringwraith #5 said:
    There's this mission where you have to go onto a cargo ship and get a car from one of the containers on the very top, then drive it across the map while being chased by gangsters and potentially cops, right? And fair enough, there are multiple ways you can approach this. You can shoot your way through the guys on the ship and choose from several paths leading to the car, or you can climb a crane and parachute straight to the car, bypassing the bulk of the enemies. That's actually really good! That's one of the very few instances where the mission isn't a corridor shooter and where being high level and therefore having access to special equipment enables you to do the mission more efficiently.
    Turns out that was a complete lie. I tested it thoroughly today and you cannot in fact use the parachute as I described it. You can't use it at all during the mission. Not only does the parachute that normally spawns on the crane not spawn in the mission, you can't even use your own. It just won't open. The developers deliberately disabled it to close off the most interesting, creative, and efficient path you could have taken to the objective. It's not that they didn't put in such a path, oh no. The path already exists as a feature of the terrain the mission is set in. All that was required of the developers was to not ****ing touch anything. But no, they decided to go out of their way to close off that path. If that doesn't show complete and utter incompetence at mission design, I don't know what does.
  9. Ringwraith #5

Grand Theft Auto V

K-64 said:
    Or just enter races with them and knock them off the road. The sheer rage that they can exhibit from it can make even the worst day that bit better
    See, that's something I just don't get. I never understood why some people derive fun from ruining other people's efforts and making them angry. If it's someone who wronged me, sure, I get that. That's revenge. But trolling some random dude on the internet that I've never even met? I just don't see the point.

As for animals, yeah, that is disappointing. As is the reduced vehicle variety. A lot of vehicles that exist in story mode just aren't available in Online, and for no good reason as far as I can tell. Someone hacked in a blimp the other day, for instance. It seemed to work perfectly fine. I don't understand why it's not available.
  10. Ringwraith #5

What are you playing right now?

I must admit I was curious as well. But his latest upload is Let's Play Morrowind 29. That sounds much more interesting than Oblivion. :lol:
  11. Ringwraith #5

From what I've heard they casualized the gameplay mechanics but they didn't solve the biggest problem of Dota-style games, i.e. that you need a good team and one incompetent or trolling team member is enough to destroy everyone else's hard work.
  12. Ringwraith #5

RabbleKnight said:
    The most boring, uninspired RPG series
    You know nothing, Rabble Knight. If you knew the first thing about TES, you'd know you can't lump them together like that. Yes, one Elder Scrolls game is the most boring, uninspired RPG ever made. Another, however, is one of the most brilliant and cleverly written RPGs set in one of the most interesting worlds ever made. I'll let you figure out which is which on your own time.
  13. Ringwraith #5

Teofish said:
    Decided to check out Elder Scrolls Total War. It's made by Russians, so naturally there are some grammar problems in places. Though far less than I'd feared. And holy ballsacks is this fun! Started out as house Redoran, trying to unite Morrowind under one banner. And hoooey, round ten or so it hits 3E 427, and the ****ing Nerevarine rises! Manage to bribe him to join my side. And now he's, fittingly enough, my faction heir.
    Also, Dunmer cavalry ride bloody Guars!
    Okay, I watched a trailer for that, and hoooooly ****. Why the **** is that not an official thing! **** history, **** Warhammer, I want this! In, y'know, like a modern engine and ****.
    Welp, time to reinstall Medieval 2 and download this before Bethsoft takes it down, I guess. :lol:
  14. Ringwraith #5

That's another use for it, yes.
  15. Ringwraith #5

So I'm continuing to play agar.io. At first I thought it was a game about blobs eating each other, simple, nothing much to it. The difficulty of the midgame seemed like a flaw, until I realized the way to do it is to form an alliance with one of the large blobs, and that transformed my perception of the game completely. See, if all you could do was move and divide, it would just be a game about blobs. But you can also eject mass for other blobs to pick up, which serves no function in terms of the raw gameplay mechanics but provides a basic method of communication. Shooting your mass into another blob is a proposal, getting mass shot back at you is an affirmation of friendship. Of course many of your so-called allies will turn on you as soon as it's convenient for them, but that's people for you. This simple addition of the ability to ejects a small piece of your mass transforms agar.io from a simplistic game about blobs eating each other into a game about human nature, relationships, and power disparity. It's ****ing Realpolitik: The Game.
  16. Ringwraith #5

Well at least I optimized my process now. I play agar.io, then switch the Swarm Simulator when I die to spend the accumulated resources, then back to agar.io.

Speaking of which, I managed to get to top 10 for the first time today. It seems the way to go is to befriend a large blob and assist it with hunting the smaller blobs that are too fast for it.
  17. Ringwraith #5

Cyborg Eastern European said:
    What are you nancies *****-of, **** I left my Swarm Simulator alone for over a day! *poof*
    Aw ****. Give me back my two hours, dammit!
  18. Ringwraith #5

Shatari said:
    There's a game on Steam called AdVenture Capitalist, a fun little title that can be played in the background while I'm out farming. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of trying out cookie clicker at the same time, and they blend perfectly to completely annihilate any free time I have.

Send help.
    So it's pretty much Clicker Heroes, only instead of raising your DPS you're raising cash.
  19. Ringwraith #5

agar.io

Holy ****ing ****balls, it's Transformice all over again. Ye be warned, stay the **** away from this thing. It's a time vampire.
  20. Ringwraith #5

Grand Theft Auto V

I didn't buy it. Learn to stop making assumptions. :lol:
Top Bottom