Search results

1. WookieWarlord

Agent_get_defend_action question

Are you certain 'parrying' refers to what you think it does? When do you expect it to trigger? I would assume that it is when you 'chamber' the enemy, by attacking in the same direction as their attack.
  2. WookieWarlord

How does one make a simple invasion mission?

Well for a timer you can just have a global variable that increments/decrements by one in a trigger that activates every one second.

For example

Code:
    (1, 0, 0, [], [
         (val_sub, "$timer", 1),

(try_begin),
              (le, "$timer", 0),
              <check to ensure all enemies are dead>
              <spawn some enemies based on number of players, using spawn_agent or set_visitors perhaps>
              (assign, "$timer", 60),
         (try_end),

]),
  3. WookieWarlord

Warband Refined & Enhanced Compiler Kit (v1.0.0 @ Mar 01, 2015)

Solved thanks to Lav, just needed to remove the Headers folder when using the copy and forget method.
    Cheers!
  4. WookieWarlord

I literally haven't changed anything to do with horses, or mission speed, so it's the default native stuff. Is there a chance your compiler would handle the order of item and mission template definitions though? You don't use the ID_* files which have to do with the order of tuple definition, so perhaps it's something to do with whether I add new items to the start or end of the items.py. I've also moved the multiplayer_bt mission template right to the bottom.
  5. WookieWarlord

Here you are.

Worth mentioning that I am using the copy and forget method of your kit.
  6. WookieWarlord

Lav said:
    Then I'm officially without any ideas. :smile:

Can you send me your module system under non-disclosure? I'm really interested to see what could have such a result.
    I'd like to get other people to weigh in, to determine that it is specific to me, first.
  7. WookieWarlord

I have not used any of those operations, including adjusting horse scale. That same custom battle when compiled with the vanilla compiler works normally, no slow-mo, no giant horses.
  8. WookieWarlord

I still think it should ignore the variable not being used in all cases yes, because the very purpose of naming it ":unused" is to avoid compiler errors. Ignoring the dummy iterators was a good idea though, and you can certainly make the argument that 'unused' vars are only useful for those loops anyway, so it's up to you.
  9. WookieWarlord

Yeah.. I really would like to use this compiler. Did you see my ":unused" suggestion as well?
  10. WookieWarlord

What pissed you off today v. V

Bobtheheros said:
    ****ing Neverwinter Nights 2 server hosting thing decided to not work again and my friend and I forgot how we fixed it last time.
    Trying to do a co-op campaign or something? Great game btw, I can recommend you check out the bgtscc pw server if you're interested in nwn2 multiplayer and roleplay.
  11. WookieWarlord

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I understand you can randomize troop faces between two values like mercenary_face_1(0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001c00000000000000000000) and mercenary_face_2(0x0000000cff00730b6db6db6db7fbffff00000000001efffe0000000000000000)

But would it be possible to randomize between two values such that every possible combination of face texture/hair/facial features are possible?

I tried to use these values:
    Code:
    wookie_face1 = 0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    wookie_face2 = 0xffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    But that appeared to only cycle through face textures, and not hair or face features etc. So how does the character creation/player profile creation  do it in the base game?

12. WookieWarlord

Could someone please test this compiler with their code, in a battle. I need to see if it's just my code somehow doing it, or any code compiled with this compiler.

Edit: Something isn't right, I just ran a custom battle, it's slow-mo and the horses were two stories tall.
    DB2C9CBA7288ED11ED3C067D4F52418DB3E78A15
  13. WookieWarlord

Yeah I wouldn't mind harnessing it in a more controlled manner haha. It's already an existing warband inbuilt cheat that has been there for years, it's just been activated somehow.
  14. WookieWarlord

Yo so I've discovered what I find to be a hilarious unintended consequence. When compiling my code with your compiler, battles happen in slow motion, matrix style. No lag or anything, just slow motion. This is even true for multiplayer when server and client both have the code compiled with your compiler.

Note that this doesn't happen when the exact same code is compiled with the default build_module.

:lol:
  15. WookieWarlord

I have a suggestion, no need for the compiler to warn you about declared variables that aren't used, when the variables are named ":unused" or ":unused_2", as in the vanilla compiler.

I never thought I would see a 3.7 second compile of the module system :grin:
  16. WookieWarlord

You're our hero Lav. Will be trying it shortly.
  17. WookieWarlord

[WB] Warband Script Enhancer v4.8.0 for 1.174

I don't think I can help you with this at all, but I just want to wish you the very best of luck because this task is one that benefits the entire modding community, including myself.
  18. WookieWarlord

How would one go about preventing the G key from dropping your wielded item in multiplayer?

Or failing that, how would one be able to detect when a player drops an item?

Edit: Oh I found the ti_on_item_dropped used in the napoleonic wars module system. This would answer the second question, but the first one is more important to me.
  19. WookieWarlord

epicboy12332 said:
    Maybe one is more happy than the other?

The relation doesn't describe how happy a faction is, it describes the relationship between two factions.
  20. WookieWarlord

epicboy12332 said:
    Another question, recently I've been playing around with module_parties and module_party_templates. I don't understand the difference between them. If templates are suppose to be templates then wouldn't that mean that the troops would be added in the templates for the parties instead of in module_parties? I'm not trying to say that module_troop should be in party template, I'm just trying to understand why module_parties and module_party_templates are so similiar.
    Someone more knowledgeable can help you out with this, although off the top of my head, the template would be the type of party, and the party itself would be an instance of the template, right?

epicboy12332 said:
    About set_relation. What if I want only one faction to gain a relation increase?

The very concept of a relation or relationship requires two things to be involved  :lol:

What are you actually trying to get done?
Top Bottom