Search results for query: kabraxis

1. Terco_Viejo

SP - General footsteps

Hopefully you will be luckier than me when he comes to your call... :lol:
  2. Terco_Viejo

SP - General footsteps

As far as I know, Ugurcan is not responsible for integrating the content into the game. We can ask him but I don't know his username in here. But the issue is not that implementation, the issue is the current implementation we have. It's causing performance problems.

So I'm not entirely sure who's adding those sounds and based on how but the current implementation is pretty straightforward which is causing issues performance and ambience-wise. I'm pretty sure if Game Designers come to Ugurcan and say "Hey look, we need battle sounds based on unit count and unit type" he wouldn't be super happy but he would do it in no time. Once he is ready with the content person who's responsible for adding it can add it into the game with the logic I explained above. This, essentially, should work, since with that ambience sound, all that matters is distance and unit cluster count which can be checked easily ( since AI is already doing that ) and the sound itself will be 2D on the game level. Would that sound better? I think yes but the only way to find that out is by trying and listening. Perhaps they tried that already, I don't know - we can only ask them but I seriously have no idea who's working on that and can answer this question in the forum.

But I think they are already cutting off the sound after a certain radius since we are not hearing the enemy army marching toward us unless they are super close. So my guess would be that they have some way of "improving" performance if the entity is very far away. But that's not enough and it's also killing the overall battle feeling because there is no "replacement" for that reduction, not even a fake one.

Yes that implementation would improve the performance by taking the load off from CPU.
    Oh, I thought he took care of the task globally (audio director). The alias as I remember it is Kabraxis.

Yes that implementation would improve the performance by taking the load off from CPU.
    ☝️ Calabanar.
  3. Terco_Viejo

What is needed so that instead of verbal commands to the troops there is the sound of a horn?

Not as a replacement it should flow like this:

Verbal Command > Horn Sound > Troops Execute Movement

That would be the realistic approach, even better is that you would have someone equipped with a horn in the group that is getting the command.
    Exactly!

Verbal Command > *Faction Sound > Troops Execute Movement

(*) F.e.

Empire-> Roman Cornu
    Battania-> Carnyx
    Vlandia-> War Horn
    Aserai-> Būq al-nafīr
    Khuzait-> Guangu Drum
    Sturgia-> Olifant

I wonder if @Kabraxis has worked with this material :fruity:
  4. Terco_Viejo

What is needed so that instead of verbal commands to the troops there is the sound of a horn?

Sorry, I wrote some nonsense in the last message, because of my poor English, the message turned into gibberish.

I wanted to say that you tried very hard to find the material, you even found the Old Slavic horn and other options.

These materials should be sent to the sound engineer in Taleworlds! :iamamoron:

Nah, I just knew what to look for :lol: ; I mean... the sounds that play well in my head and that somehow fit the thematic are the ones I basically commented about. Obviously there are always alternatives, perhaps there is an instrument I ignore that fits better than those I proposed.

Apart from the choice of instrument, I think that the idea we are dealing with here is what is important. A verbal order as an action and a sound as a reaction; personally I find it very interesting and of course I would love something similar applied to the game.

This, together with the discussion in this thread, could complement the playable experience in the battles.

---
    Kabraxis is the sound engineer :wink:
  5. Terco_Viejo

It would be nice if the Devs added: Breathing, (more) Yelling, Ambient sounds & Death cries

I'm going to summon the god of sound @Kabraxis in case he wants to share info with us.

giphy.gif
  6. Terco_Viejo

It would be nice if the Devs added: Breathing, (more) Yelling, Ambient sounds & Death cries

+1 To what Kentucky says.

Play these two videos at the same time

A little more love in this section wouldn't hurt. The problem I see is the current situation with the pandemic. If we didn't have this, I'm sure Ugurcan Orcun could gather a good number of football fans, record them on a field with ambient sound and then process the tracks digitally.
  7. Terco_Viejo

SP - General Unit Command Responses

+1
    Certainly the battle cries are spectacular, but they are still a cinematographic resource. Shouts like the "ahú" of 300 film are fantasy to generate drama; these historical figures fought in orderly and silent formations just like the Roman formations or any with a minimum of discipline.

Having said that, we find another case of fun>realism. This mod is quite interesting and adds immersion to the game. Personally I would like @Kabraxis to investigate a little bit (if the team is willing) in that kind of audio environment and if otherwise he can share information here; which we always appreciate.

Ideally, each faction should have "their battle response sound"; weapon strikes on the shield, trumpet sounds, crushing footstep sounds. Although a unison response also has a place (why not); I would personally prefer an echo or delay response from the back ranks to the front ranks or vice versa.

All of this would work wonderfully with different types and tones of voice because hearing the same tone of voice multiplied x50 I don't know about you but to me it sounds ugly.
Back
Top Bottom